Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

The coldest weather I can ever remember being in was one year when it got down to 11 degrees and <30 for a few days in a row. But I distiinctly remember going out one night when it was 11 because it was so unique to my experience!....the cold was actually painful and mind-numbing...and the car just could not get warm even with the heater going full blast. Granted that it was colder to us because we are not prepared with the proper clothes down here...I don't own any kind of hat or scarf or gloves! Anyway, my point is that I admire anyone who can withstand that kind of cold environment, much less get in a swimsuit out in it!!!! :biggrin:

When will it start getting warm up there, Judy? Like april-May? And how long does your summer last?

Our winter will be over by the end of Feb. Then we have mild temps thru April. May-June are pretty darn hot, then July-September is just pure hell!

Good Morning, Terry and all the other Violets...

I hate to tell ya, but I was going by my weatherbug on the computer and had not refreshed it. When I did, it said -2 so that's why all my nose hairs froze!! This morning it was chilly in the house when I woke up and it was set for the normal 66 degrees at night. Wellllllllll when I looked at weatherbug, it said -10 degrees!!!! Wind chill is -21 soooooooooo no ice fishing today. That's too darn cold! We are under a winter storm watch for tomorrow and Monday.. lots of snow and freezing rain expected. We'll see if it actually comes. Winter starts here in November and lasts until about April. I have seen snow in every month but one here in Northern Michigan. There were flurries at a 4th of July parade once! There is a saying that Michigan has 9 month of good skiing and 3 months of bad. But I do love the snow and the north. Now will I say that 10 years from now??? Not so sure. But cruising gets me away to warmer climates and I'm happy with that. We do get some warm days in the summer. Enough so that I can be in the swimming pool from late May to early September with our solar heater.

Ethan comes over today. Just got a call from DS Joe and the Bobster has to go over and pick him up. I'm warming the car up now. Thank goodness for remote starters!

Everyone have a great day!

LOL....just like you've seen snow in July, I've seen 82 degree Christmases!...many times!

I only feel marginally better, getting ready to go to work. Judy!!! COLD!!!! We have weird weather sometimes, like 79 for a high the other week and then 13 the next, but never that COLD!! It says 23 now and today it is suppose to be up over freezing because we are getting what they say is heavy rain.

Everyone have a good day! I am going to work then come home and get n bed, my routine for the week. Glad it is Saturday and after this get the next two days off!

Jane

Hey Gang...

Yep, just trying to get back into the routine... it's amazing how just a few days away can get me so out of whack! And DH comes home tomorrow, so am trying to get our laundry out of the way + clean, etc... never a dull moment.

Am trying to psych myself up to getting my "losing weight" mojo back... As of today I'm at +1 for the year so far... and THAT'S not good!... so I'm going to get some motivational reading done + set some goals, etc... and whip this butt back into shape!!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Ok... working on my motivation/goals...

There are 15 full weeks 'til my 1-year band-iversary & I want to lose 30 lbs between now & then to make it an even 100, so that's 2lbs/week. Reasonable. If I want to kick it up a notch, I can bump it to 2.5lbs/wk so I can be at -100 for Vi Weekend! Either way, it's all good! I made a weekly chart w/the goal weight for each week, so can track it & tweak as necessary.

I also made a daily checklist for my meds, Vitamins, acai juice, and Water, so I can make sure I remember all that stuff, too.

Can you tell that I love charts? And I love KNOWING where I am & where I want to go & having a plan to get there. Phew! I feel my mojo rising!

Wow Judy! Just look at that!! What skinny little legs you have now! & a neck! and, well, just wow!! You Rock!!

WOWOWOWser! Judy...just beautiful! What I always notice is how happy everyones "after" pix look.

Michelle~when you find your mojo...can you ask it where the hell mine is? Then send it back over here.

Actually, I just told Sus, "Go put your sweats on...we are going for a walk." To which she replied, "God, bossy boss...can you ask any nicer?" I need to go for a walk and get some frest air I guess...what a bitchy thing to say, huh?

BBL

Yikes, Michelle!1 You got me to thinking! I only have 8 weeks until my 1 year bandiversary and I have 20# to go. At 2# a week I won't make it!! BUT....I'll be darn close and about 13 weeks til our Bandiversary Bash...yeah.. I can make my first goal by then! wooo hooooo! Let's do it!!

And I too have those lovely arms that no matter how much I exercise them, they still look like bat wings. But they look a LOT better now than they did when I started so I'm not going to complain. I even am comfortable wearing sleeveless stuff and I never ever did that prior to banding.

The swimsuit in the after pics is not my favorite, but I had to wear it cause my favorite is packed away for the cruise. Suffice it to say we will be taking tons o' pics on the cruise this time!

Good morning everyone!!!! Happy Saturday!!! I love 3 day weekends... :wink_smile:

It's supposed to be 68 degrees here today and my hubby and I are going to a home improvement and backyard expo at our convention center.

Have a great day!!!!!

WOO HOO JUDY!! I love the new swimsuit too!

Yeah Michelle, when you find the awe inspiring mojo, toss some this way. Tunica trip messed me up, struggled to get back into things, then NY trip. I'm eating candy every day! And I'm still at 241. Least I'm not gaining. I need to get back into LOSS mode.

Home sick, and my tooth broke again---this is not off to a great start for a Saturday----I seriously want to whine. Since my tooth is broke I cannot eat----only fricken good thing about it!

Kat