Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Terry, My heart goes out to you. Just remember that after everything is over you will never regret doing all that you could. I've been there and I still run it thru my mind. "Did I do my best to make her comfortable, could I have done more?" Just hang in there and remeber that you have a huge ton of prayers being said for you and your family.

TracyKS, Glad to hear your back on the road to recovery. Hope the scale stays down for you.

Working today and than thinking about going to "Shoe Carnival". They are having a sale and I have a $5.00 off coupon.

Get your Water in today and have a great day.

Morning V's!

I'm baaaaaack.

I just finished going through all the pages since the WebTV incident. I didn't see the ones before that.

YAY Jenn on the job!! Tracy what great pics :crying:

Terry feel better!!

The Big Apple was fantastic. 2 customers cancelled last minute, which is why I was hoping Jenn would call me. But it sounds like you were busy with more important things :thumbup:

We went to a lot of fancy restaurants, ate a lot of fancy foods, and drank a lot of fancy drinks. I ordered mutton one night. I have a new favorite food. I can't even describe how wonderful it was. And it was like a 1lb piece of meat. Oh dear. I ate about 6 bites of it, and I was hurting, and couldn't control myself, so I gave it to someone else at the table so I wouldn't keep eating it.

Went to Chinatown, bought several knock off purses. OMG THE SNOW! I heard it snowed just for us hah hah. Tuesday there was a lot of snow, and I was hyperventalating in the cabs. They drove crazy and they were skidding all over the place. We went to Wicked at the Gershwin on Wed. night. AWESOME STORY!!! Then we went by this huge department store next to Ground Zero called Century 21. They had a whole area of trendy and cheap plus size. I wear a 2x up there.. boo. No one is overweight in NYC. I intentionally looked for it, never saw it. Anyway, they rushed me out of C21 before I was done looking, but I got 3 designer hella cute shirts for $30 total.

There was a fancy chocolate shop next to our hotel. We stayed at the Regency (wonderful place) on Park Avenue. So this itty bitty candy shop, in the window is truffles. It was snowing hard, we were next to Central Park. So we said we'd get some truffles to keep us warm (hah hah). We go in, and it's $75/LB. HOLY CRAP. I acted real redneck, I'm goin "75 dollas? FOR CHOCOLATE? PFF" hehe. There was a 6 or 7 year old boy picking out "I want this, and this, and that, and this" and the store people are bagging it for him. Their total is $350 for chocolate. For one boy. And the mom didn't even bat an eye. She just handed them a card and she told him "Now, that's a lot of chocolate junior(whatever his name is)". And we were staring in disbelief. Then she tells us how he loves that store and wants to work there when he grows up. I bet!

So that's the short version of the events. One of the sales got a tattoo while we were there (drunken stupor kind of thing). Hilarious.

I am so behind on homework, I have till tomorrow to do all work for all classes. I am leaving work early so I can buckle down on it. But I wanted to check in with you guys!

Here's some pics.

First, the NSV!!!! Legs crossed COMFORTABLY on the plane.. and I got lots of legs. And the seatbelt is no where near tight. HOORAH.

lalegswoo.jpg

This was me BEFORE I had to bundle up.

pertyla.jpg

And then these are taken in Central Park..

brrcentralpark.jpg

labrad.jpg

And I'm not sure where we were for this one..

lanyc1.jpg

The coat is an NSV too. Last time I bought from Burlington Coat Factory (about 6 years ago with parents), they had the patchwork suede coats, and I remember crying because the only thing in my size were ladies coats.. boring black trenches, etc.

The day before the trip we went to BCF to find a warm coat. I was looking in plus size. I am 2x in coats I guess, I saw ONE cute coat in 3x.. and ONE cute coat in 1x. The 3x was just way too big. There was nothing in 2x that was trendy at all. I was really getting frustrated. So I decided to try the 1x coat. And Voila. there it is! I'm wearin a 1x coat!! :thumbup:

Oh (I keep forgetting stuff!!)

Suzie thank you for the card, I admit, I debated eating it too :eek:

And Judy you pick out the funniest e-cards, thank you!!

I didn't even get DH anything for v'day, our flight home was hours late I got in late and we went to dinner with my parents and then we came home with ideas of romantic stuff.. but I was too tired, and passed out lol.

scale didn't move. I did a lot of walking.. and a lot of eating. I guess it balanced out, still 241. Time to get back on track! Throwing out all the candy and eatin better!

Yeah...Laura's back!

Sounds like you had a blast!

Busy around here...everyone have a great weekend!

Good evening, Violets. Sure is quiet in here today.

Laura...glad to have you back... loved the pics!! Did anyone question why you were taking a picture of your legs?? :eek:

Terry..hugs and prayers to you and your mom. I went through it with my dad and it's really tough being the "parent" instead of the "child".

Suzie... did you get any shoes??

I started packing for our cruise. It's so much fun now sorting through and choosing for style instead of for size. I will be re-evaluating everything for a week now to see if I really need it for the trip or whether I can leave it home and have more room in the suitcase. It's a week long project!

The Bobster and I are going out for a fish fry tonight. We usually split a meal, but we'll have to see how much fish is in one. I don't need the other stuff, but I'm really hungry for fish tonight.

TracyinKS...glad you're feeling better. Now we have to have everyone stay that way so we don't have anyone dropping out of the bash!!

Off to eat fish. Will check back later tonight.

The flight from Huntsville to NYC literally had about 8 people on it. So no one saw me takin pics hehehe.

I think the predizone is swelling my band because I just had a slight problem with some milk..... (I could be freaking out here)

WE are sending Robby to a sleepover and Cody is going boyscouting so Charles and I are going out to dinner and dropping off my rings to be sautered together.......... have a great evening

Hi all--

Just a quick check in, I am feeling crummy again----Dr. thinks I may be coming down with the flu---my test just kind of sat there this morning....wonderful!

Anyway he built my case on paper, and said he thinks ins, will pay for the pannectomy without issue, the TT is questionable. But if not I can find out what the cost difference would be to me. So I go next week or 2 to the PS! I am very excited!

Then I went to the optometrist---eyes have not changed a lot, they did give me a new prescription if I want to try to adjust to the eventuality of wearing glasses full time---I only wear them now for reading....but am slowly deteriorating!

Found some glasses at my friends store, so will have them soon.

My throat was super sore this morning, and I felt crummy so when I went to the Dr, he had the nurse swab my nose, but the test did not turn--he did like Gina's Dr. give the scrip just in case, I begin feeling worse....and I am not sure if it is the power of suggestion or what----but I turned down dinner out...and turned down going to DD's for cards....just want to veg out.

We got up this morning, and heard something dripping---the tank to our main bathroom toilet was cracked!! So we ended up changing that out today---but 30 minutes and he had the old one out, and the new one in. Another 20 minutes, and I had everything back in the room, and it is a done deal! Looks more modern in there too! Oh and we were given this thing called a Johnny Light, by the salesguy. It fits between the seat and the lid, runs on a AAA battery---when the seat is up it shines a green light down towards the water! When the seat is down, it shuts it off. So in the night, Rick would not have to turn on a light and blind himself, but also if I were to go in there, and the light be on, I would not fall in!!! We will likely wait and put it in the master bath!!! Funny thing though I thought!

I am out of here, to sit and stare aimlessly for awhile!!

TTYL~~

Kat

Laura! I loved the pictures! Congrats on ALL your NSV's! There's plenty more to come, too!! But crossing your legs is a HUGE one! You look sooooo cute in all of your pictures and the snow is so pretty.

Kat - What's the difference between a pannectomy and a TT? I thought they were the same thing! Sorry you're sick....yuck. Take care, ok?

Tracy - I'm curious, why did your doc give you prednisone? For your ear infection? That's kind of odd, I think. Hmmm. (I used to be a nursing student, can you tell? LOL)

TracyK - hope you and DH are havin' a great time! :thumbup:

Judy - Where are you going for your cruise? Somewhere WARM I hope!

Suzie - thanks for the words of encouragement...and you're so right. When this is all over I will feel better knowing I did all I could for her, even if right now it just doesn't seem like enough.

My sister stayed with her today and I went by for lunch...but tonight I'm at home with my kiddos and all is right with the world...well, at least on our block. I have been living on cottage cheese and oatmeal all week. The stress along with a new fill have made all else just about impossible to eat. I did manage to get a cheese enchilada down my pie hole tonight. It was delish. The (slim) lady at the table next to me polished off three of them, along with rice, Beans and chips! Did we used to eat that much??? :biggrin:

I am totally exhausted tonight. I can't wait to go to bed!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Terry.. we are going to the Eastern Caribbean.. Leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale, then to San Juan, Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas), Casa De Campo (Dominican Rep.) and Labadee (Haiti). It darn well better be warm!!!

Terry---hugs to you, it must be very hard watching your Mom go downhill so quickly and be unable to "fix" everything. My heart is with you and my prayers for you will be fervent and frequent.

The pannectomy is a simple removal of the excess skin, and does not involve muscle repair. Now my Dr. said it could be as little as a few hundred or as much as a few thousand to make the difference if insurance does not cover. Will let y'all know as soon as I do---I am very excited!

Laura you lovely! Glad your NYC trip went well.

Jenn---I am so happy you are finding yourself able to stand up for you and the kids----this is your year girl!!! Go get 'em!!!

Judy---trip sounds fun!

Denise, congrats on the new house!!! It will be truly yours when the build is finished!!! What a wonderful year you have ahead of you!

Pamela--hope you and Susanne are having a great weekend!

Gina---are you feeling better? Do you think the test was wrong?

TracyK---loved your pics with Macy---treasure them----for years I hid from cameras due to my size, and therefor have very few pics with anyone! It is horrid! Take lots, and smile---Macy will treasure them as well!

Tracy---hope your ear is better. The steroids are they supposed to reduce the swelling in the ear drum? I am allergic to corticosteroids---they took my vision from 20/20 to 20/500 in 2 days!! Scared me bad!!! Quit taking them, and voila---good vision again---until I hit 45!!! I do still have 20/20 far vision though---for all the good that does me!

Michelle---you recovering from your fun time?

Jane---you feeling any better?

Suzanne--thanks for reminding me of my water---I have been such a lame brain lately---I really need you!!!

Haydee---thanks for the emails girl!!! Hugs!

Well girls I would love to hang out, but I am going to bed! Hope morning is better!

Hugs all around!

Kat

Just in from the hot tub and my nose hairs are frozen, not to mention the hair on my head!! It's 3 degrees out there.. :biggrin:

Sure felt good on my back though. Ethan comes in the morning so I need to head to bed and get my Grammy sleep! We're thinking of going ice fishing with DD and DSIL after Ethan goes home. Got to be warmer than 3 degrees for me to even think about that, though!

Everyone sleep well. Catch you in the morning!!