Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Well I am home, I no longer hurt for now, anywhere but my pocketbook. I ended up with it breaking off down in the root, so the tooth has to go, but has to be removed by an oral surgeon :regular_smile: Not sure if that face fits more due to the fear factor or the cost factor. Then to bridge it is not a good option due to the tooth next to it being filled-----so I will end up with a partial plate for it. It will be like a retainer with a tooth on it. Best option for what I have to work with. I hear ya Laura, my teeth have been worked over, and over again! I did good til my ex, when we married, I had some discoloration from minerals in the Water where I was raised, but I did not have so much as a cavity in my head! Now I have spent tens of thousands of $$$ trying to save what I can after him! Oh well, find out tomorrow when the oral surgeon can do it. We did the impressions today so the partial can go right in. Sounds painful to me....

Anyway, I pretreat because I have a heart murmur--had it from day one and it has never worsened, but they require it due to the chambers that are responsible for the leak----it is an aortic leak, so it apparantly makes a difference.

Yep the pork chops sound yummy---I was thinking to myself---wow I can go buy a mortar and pestle!!! Then I thought yeah, then I have to store it!!! the grinder will work, same as it works for everything else!!!

I put about 1/4 of a slice of bread in the coffee bean grinder, clean it out with the bread, and then grind any kind of spice or whatever in it!! Use another part of the bread to clean up after, and I am good to go! Will try it on a night I can chew!

Oh Pamela, so sorry you had that yucky kind of PB! You poor thing! So far I have been able to make it to a bathroom---but I have such loose restriction, I don't have much issue with PB's these days. If my bloodwork comes back good, I might see about a teeny fill before seeing a PS. IF this dental thing does not eat into my look good fund!

Hey I could just get the fill, and get really skinny, and let my teeth rot, then they would think I was a druggy! I would fit right in in some places!

Terry-how is Mom tonight?

Tracy--lucky you in your new Garth T shirt!! Isn't Pamela a sweetie to think of you like that!!!

Jenn----you hanging in there?

Susanne, is the new fill still keeping the hunger at bay?

Judy--do you find yourself looking at Ethan sleeping and thinking "Oh how sweet he is", then in the next thought thinking "Oh my he is really recharging!!" I do with Kinsey....poor girl had such a cough today. She did wonderful with my Dad could have cared less I was leaving, she crawled up in his lap, snuggled in and ignored me!

Michelle--it is almost time!!!

TracyK--everyone recovering at your house? Maybe getting my tooth out, I will jump start things by doing liquids for a couple of days...not that I will ever catch you again....but I feel so inadequate!! j/k!!

Oh I think I will keep my DH---he called and said he was bringing dinner home...what a relief! I did not feel like standing in there, and I had a simple dinner of Shrimp alfredo planned, but it will work tomorrow! Yep, he gets to stay another day!!!

Guess I will go brew me some fresh tea to drink tonight---

Hugs all around!!

Kat

Just got done with 5 miles on the bike and 10 minutes on the glider. I tried the stepper and I'm not likin' it. I'll offer it to DD and if she doesn't want it, it goes back. It works the same parts of the body that the elliptical trainer does and I like the trainer so much better. Just seems better made.

Pork chop leftovers are in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch. I couldn't finish my chop, but the Bobster devoured his and was slurping more sauce when I caught him in the kitchen.

We got our next fill scheduled for March 17.. the nurse told us to remember to wear green!

Pam...don't ya just love the pbs..?? specially in public. I swear there are times I feel like a bulemic. DD says it's an adventure eating with her parents now. She says.. "I know every time you sit back and cross your arms, that in a minute you're gonna head for the bathroom!".

I noticed that she had left one of my sweaters in my bathroom and I asked if it was hers or mine. She said it was mine and that she was going to wear it last night, but changed her mind. I'm almost positive the reason she didn't wear it was that it was too small for her. It is a little tight on me, but her belly is sticking out more than mine these days. An NSV for me, but I feel bad for her. Don't want to mention her weight cause her emotions are so fragile while she's trying to get pregnant.

Kat...hindsight says it would have been better for you to munch on that m&m rather than go through all this with your tooth!!:regular_smile: But you were being a good bandster!

And when I read the recipe called for a mortar and pestle, I thought....... shucks, dont' have one of those. So I improvised with a little bowl and the bottom of a jar. Not as efficient, but the Bobster never complained of tapioca globs.

Time to go watch a little tv and run on the trainer for a bit. Then hit the hot tub, head to bed and get up early for Ethan again tomorrow.

I'll check back before I head to bed. TTFN.....

Hi everyone!

Jenn, I know you're busy...but we sure are anxious to hear about the job!?

Kat - He's in prison, right? GOOD! If he wasn't I'd find some way to get his ass kicked. Hopefully he gets it kicked about every 3 days where he is. I'm sorry about your tooth and all the rest of it! But hey, if my son can survive having 10 teeth pulled in one day, you can take it!! Yep. 10. I was far more of a wreck than he was...he did fine...and $8000 later :regular_smile: he has beautiful straight teeth!

Mom's not doing so good. I am now starting to wonder if she'll even get to come back to my house when she gets discharged (IF she ever gets discharged!). She's not getting out of bed at all now and tonight I had to feed her! That's a first. More tests tomorrow. :tt1:

On a good note....I went to get a fill today. My doctor was in so he did it. I haven't seen him since my surgery since he has PA's that do his fills. But anyway, it was good to see him ...he's so nice!! I'd lost 5# since my last fill in SEPTEMBER and he was pleased with that! He's happy as long as the scale is moving in the right direction, no matter how long it takes. Anyway, we did the fill under fluro and sure enough, I was loose. Before the fill the Fluid was going right thru and I had a solid lunch 1 hour before my fill! So I'm excited to see if the added restriction will help me out now. I sure hope so.

Judy - you're gonna be one buff granny!! DANG!

Pam! OMG! I bet you freaked out those people! They're probably wondering how & why you just waltzed back to your table good as new! Sorry about the massive PB....those are so bad. You better baby that band for a little bit. What about your knee?

Long, long day at the hospital. I think I'll take a hot bath and head for the sack.

Love you guys....XOXOXO

Evening, Violets.

Just in from the hot tub and getting ready to head to bed.

Terry...Prayers sent your way for you and your mom. I know it's a difficult time for you both. What does the doctor say about her condition??

Jenn...just what Terry said. Inquiring minds want to know!

Well, I'm off to get out of this wet suit and into my warm nammies. Got to be up early again tomorrow morning to welcome my little guy!

Everyone sleep well!!

Everyone please pray for the shooting victims and their families in Kirkwood MO. It is a horrible shooting that happened at a council meeting and at least 5 people were killed. It is horrible and about 4 miles from where I live. It is a terrible terrible situation and one person that we know was shot son committed suicide last year. His wife does not need this!!! That is the Yost family. Friends of my parents. Bad bad situation. Can't imagine what the families are going through.

Hits home sometimes

Janie- Didn't get to watch the news tonight. That was awful. So sorry for all of them.

Tonight at our Women's Ministry meeting it was game night and we played Bunko. That is so much fun. Anyway my gift that I got was a real pretty heart shaped bowl filled with hershey's kisses. Hmmmmm. What to do.......................:tongue2:

Just hearing the news you spoke of Jane...brb

How horrible! According to our local news, they don't have a motive yet, but said 2 Police Officers were shot---do you think it had to do with one of them?

They went from that to an Albq. story about a news crew riding along when the officers were serving warrants, and a guy tried to avoid being arrested by using his own Grandma for a shield---he was even biting his own Grandma! He had been arrested 22 times before!

Terry---yes my ex is still in prison, but not on my attempted murder charges anymore, he has been extradited to Oklahoma to serve a sentence for Armed Robbery, and shooting with the intent to kill. When he attacked me, he left TX. He robbed a small pharmacy, shooting the couple who owned the store. He will be up for parole by my understanding in 2009---but they said his behavior inside, will push that back to probably 2011. I am notified of any time he is moved from one facility to another, or when he comes up for parole, I will be notified. I was when he come up in TX--but it was paperwork only since he was simply being transferred. According to the attorney I spoke with, they are concerned that the elderly couple will not be able to testify if that is an option....it is a mess, one I seriously hope to avoid. By testify, I mean, we have an option to speak to the parole board, or have a statement read on our behalf. It is something I have serious mixed feelings about. I have no idea why he is able to be eligible for release. This is way more than his 3rd serious felony charge---but he seems to always get through the system, he always has according to the officer who flew home with me from SA. Go figure.

My face is throbbing, so I am going to hit some Tylenol----and call it a night. I have Kinsey early in the morning...I am hoping she is feeling better...poor baby!

My son is getting the royal run around---the company has had one problem after another getting some jobs done, and up and ready for him to set the well heads on---so he is stuck, they have put him off coming home now for another 2 weeks. He has already been gone for over 2 weeks, his little boy is missing him so bad! He hears Ricks voice and gets all excited, they sound so much alike, then he looks so sad when he realizes it isn't his Daddy...I miss him too, I want him to come home.

Talk to y'all in the morning!

Kat

From what I can see from this, the shooter was very upset over the way the city handled a number of things. It seems he was in a constant battle with the city, and I guess he just snapped. It does seem like my parents friend is dead. It is not official, they are supposedly not announcing that til the morning. My customer had a front row seat according to a newspaper article. She reports for the newspaper on the city council sessions. I just can't believe it. So terrible, can't seem to turn the tv off. Oh well I hope the families and friends can find some sort of peace tonight and the next few days to help get them through this terrible event.

Oh my gosh Violets... It's FINALLY Friday, Feb. 8!! I've been waiting for this day for more than 10 WEEKS!!!!! :blush:

I barely slept at all last night... I was like a kid on Christmas Eve!! And even right now I'm just a jumble of excitement!! I'm actually shiverring with all the pent up expectations & secrets!! My son kept asking me, "What are we going to do tonight, Mom?" this morning before he left for school (because we'd been talking about maybe going out to dinner :tongue2:)... that about KILLED me! I managed to squeek out "I dunno... something fun." in a low-key manner... when I really wanted to shout: GO TO DISNEY!!!

:drool: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

I've got as much prepped as possible as far as packing goes... I'll probably be finished w/that by 9am!! Then I need to vacuum & clean the kitchen + mop the floor... do any of you clean your homes before you go on a trip? My family thinks it's odd, but I can't bear the thought of coming home to a messy house! I figure that'll take me up 'til about Noon... so I'm going to lunch w/2 friends as a distraction... it's either that, or I'd just sit going crazy (ier) staring at the clock as the minutes s-l-o-w-l-y tick by... DS gets home @ 3:30p, dd gets home @ 4... & I'm getting them into the car as soon as possible after that!!

I am soooooooooooo freakin' out right now!! Good thing I don't have a blood pressure check this a.m.!!

Re: the clothes... I got 1 pair of denim capris & 1 pair of cotton khaki capris and 4 tops... sizes from 14-16 to 18-20 for the tops, 20 jeans & 22 khakis... odd or what?? I'm a triangle. Oh, then the jean capris fit well in my legs (ugh, I hate my legs!) but were gapping in the back of the waist, so I hand-sewed 2 darts and now they're great! (Did it while I couldn't sleep last night!)

Ok... am off to get dd ready for school... will try to check back... sure I will just to have something to do!! I'm serious... I feel like I might heave or something... this may be the last secret I ever try to keep... I feel it so physically!!! I am going crazy!!

Omg....... I am so excited for you. I remeber my parents pulling surprises like that on us when we younger. I have always cleaned my house before I left, didn't want to come home to a dirty house and have to do laundry also. You guys have a great time and post a pic of you guys in your mouse ears.

Morning gals

just quick checking in. it has been so crazy and this morning I have my appointment with my dermatolgist that I made a month ago to get my burn on my hand looked at, I need to get my nails filled, clean the house a bit more, and get groceries for tonights thing at my house after the services and then be to the funeral home at 3:30, then at 7 come home and get completely wasted!

shit... i need to get rock salt

about the job, john from the employment agency called me yesterday afternoon to let me know hr and the attorney were getting together and he was pretty sure to make me an offer and make sure I was still interested... excited and anxious is what i told him. So he thinks I should have my offer today... You all will probably be the first to know.

I'll check in, i have to put my laptop away later so I might be mia for a bit

Jenn-anxiously awaiting your job offer!!! (fingers & toes are crossed)

Terri-(((((((hugs)))))))) and I really hope your fill is just what you need. I too got to see the DR when I went in. He didn't do the fill but he was there and talked to me. First time for me to see him too since the surgery. Such a nice man!

Kat-when you tell the stories about hat you have gone through it sure makes me realize what a strong amazing woman you are!!

Michelle-OMG....I don't think I could have kept a secret like that! I just hate that we aren't ALL there to see the reaction you get from the kids!!

Good morning violets! Are you all sitting down? Macy woke up at 11 PM with 101 fever saying that her throat hurts! The good news is that this morning she is not running fever but I am keeping her home anyway. Please pray that she stays fever free! I dread calling my boss and telling him I am not coming in. UGH! Oh well, that is life!

Have a great day everyone and I will bbl to let you know how she is doing!

Sounds very promising Jennifer....I will be sending good thoughts and prayers up for you today, both on the job issue, and that you make it through this rough day. Hugs!!

Michelle---I bet you are just vibrating across the floor with excitement!!! Secrets like that would be sooooo hard to keep! Have lots of fun---take lots of pictures!

Jane, I feel so bad for your friend, to have sit and watched that happening, and not know if you were next or not, would have been scary as hell!!! Those poor families.

My Kinsey is still not feeling well, her poor little nose is raw. I put some diaper rash cream on it! Not sure it will help, but it is something made to not burn when it is in contact with raw skin, it is supposed to create a barrier from the moisture....and help it heal, all things her little nose needs to do. It said external use only, it did not say it could only be applied to baby bottoms! I feel so helpless when she is sick! She is not terribly so, just miserable with a cold, not like Macy with the flu--thank goodness! I felt so bad for you when she was that sick Tracy, I remember those times!

Will be back to check on everyone later!

Terry---will be thinking of you and Mom today----big, big hugs!

Kat

Good Morning,Violets...

Ethan has arrived so Gramma is on the run again! Had time to have Breakfast, dress and take Jetta out, but don't have my hair curled yet. that will have to wait til Ethan runs out of steam.

Michelle!!!!! I'm so excited for you. You have done so well keeping the secret. And I'll bet you never want to do it again!:tongue2: But it sure is going to be worth it when you see the looks on your kid's faces. Way ta go Mom!!! And yes, I always clean the house before we leave on trips.

Jenn...prayers go with you today for the funeral. And special prayers that you hear definitely about the job today!!

Pam.. how's the knee?? Hope you haven't had any more pb'ing episodes or they're going to think you're bulemic...

Jane...so sad about the innocent lives lost. I hope your client was not harmed.

Time to amuse the little guy for awhile. TTFN..