Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

THANK YOU PAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I had Robby go check the mail yesterday because he was in his snowsuit and boots and there is a big drift around the mail box.........

He tramps out there and screams............ MOMMY! MOMMY! YOU GOT A PRESENT!!!!!!!! So in my regular shoes I hop through the drifts to see for myself........ sure enough is a pretty package from my sistah Pamela!

I rip it open to find THE COOLEST FREAKING GARTH SHIRT EVER!!!!!!!!! I am so glad I said a size large because if it were an xl Charles would of stolen it from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I immediately put it on and didn't take it off until this morning......

I ran into my room to snap a pic............ and the dang batteries went dead!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mangaged to get ONE super goofy pic of me being excited but I can't download to my puter....... (I was in the middle of a retake when the dang thing died)

Also the card is super cute and the magnet is on my fridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love both..... boss just got in and says we need to discuss something......... drat..... later vi's

Hey, Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I was extremely busy all day. Got up and it had snowed out. Only about an inch, but enough to close school for the day. Had a lot to do to get ready for work. Got to work and it was closed. Jill left a note saying no one had come in so she decided to close and go home. Well all the people tried to come in but she was gone so they came in on my shift. I was so busy. Left work late and had to get home to feed hubby before we left for our shift at the hospital.

OMG... Got up this morning and can hardly walk. My ankles are killing me. We started our shift last night and it was wonderful. We so busy and we had such a great time. I even got to go into isolation to hand feed a patient. Had to get completely covered up. Wished I'd had a camera for you to see. We made our final round checking waters and picking up trays and than said that was it. We were done. I couldn't go anymore. It was so much fun and we really enjoyed our time, it's just that it kicked my butt being on the move like that for 5 hours.

TracyKS. We only got about a inch and a half of snow. By the time I got of work the sun ad come out and had melted the snow on the roads. Hope it wasn't to bad for you.

TracyK. The not eating was caused by my having a fill on Monday. That's the first time that I have ever had that feeling. I just feel not hungry. It's almost like I have to remind myself to eat. I am eating though. It's not very much but I do have to keep my strength up and watch my sugar level.

Everyone have a great day. I have a little running around to do this morning than it's back home and putting my feet up.

We haven't ahd a group hug in awhile, so here it is. :)

Wouldn't it be uno mas? Or something. Just kidding, I don't actually know Spanish, right Haydee? :eek:

But I do have my first Spanish test today, get excited! I might be calling you!!

Still coughing up my lungs. This is getting annoying!!! I am 90% sure I am gonna stop stop-smoking, till I get to goal. I kept thinking it would be better, but I finally got the assurance I needed!!

Last night at bowling, we bowled our BUTTS off (we're 1st place by only 1 game now!!), and we barely won 1st game, 2nd game we all bowled the best games together we've EVER bowled.. and lost by 40!! The other team, one of their people bowled 300.. perfect game.. FEH. Was kinda neat though, never seen someone bowl a 300 in all my years. My uncle and mom have done it, but I've never actually seen it. Was all intense! Then we won 3rd and overall.. so we won 3 games total, and we stuck around to watch 2nd place team.. they lost 3. So we're ahead 3.5 games now. YAY!!! I was afraid last night was gonna do us in. I'm trying to get my brain excited for New York. I am dreading flying so bad, I am dreading the snow.. and honestly, dreading meeting these customers. They're my biggest accounts, and one of them, part of our repetoir (sp) is that we flirt all the time on the phone. Now he's gonna meet me, and I don't feel sexy enough for NY people. They believe size 1 is fat, don't they???

Anyway..

I wasn't too terribly bad yesterday.

Went to Chili's for lunch with my mom, I got the queso & chips, and a bowl of broccoli cheese soup.. then at bowling I was so hungry, so I got a plate of tater tots.. was only able to eat 4 before it hurt. I didn't realize they hurt so much ick!! Then picked up dinner on my way home, I got a french dip sandwhich from Arby's, but was only able to eat about 3 bites of the beef before I felt full (and I stopped!!). But then I had a fruit icee, a 100 calorie shortbread, and a glass of ginger ale. :)

1 liter of Water down for me too. Had some cottage cheese and blueberries for Breakfast, but it wouldn't go down well, so only ate about a 1/4 cup. Waited an hour and had a few sips of Crystal light to get my morning pills down and it got stuck. Ended up pbing the CL, but at least the pills didn't come up. Had a Schwans three cheese chicken quesadilla for lunch with a few canned mandarin orange slices. Waiting now to start on my second liter of CL. Did two 10 minute stints on the elliptical trainer. My calves and thighs are really feeling it!

I've got pork chops with a mushroom sauce in the crock pot. It' smelling wonderful, but won't be done until 6 tonight. It'll be torturing me til then!

I am VERY unhappy right now---You know how everything can be going along fine, and something from your past jumps up and bites you in the butt....that happen to me just now!

Sitting there reading Kinsey a story on being thankful. My Mom had brought her a bag on M&M's, she kept trying to feed me one, so I was pretending to eat it, and crunch-eating nothing but air, I broke a tooth! My teeth are bad.....we are working on re-doing my bottom teeth, thousands of $$$ later, we are moved on to the bottom. Thanks to my ex husband----many of my teeth were broken or literally knocked out. This one happened to be shattered, and filled, and was apparently weak, and when I made the crunch sound of my teeth together to "pretend eat" for Kinsey I broke it.

So when I need someone to watch her when I have her--I have my Mom keep her. BUT my Mom is not available, she is taking her neighbor who is in her 80's----to the dentist!!! How ironic huh? So I put my appointment off until 1--and hopefully Mom will be back by then or soon after. My Dad can normally deal with her no problem, but with her sick---she is wanting extra attention!!! He is so good with her, but he has trouble hearing her, her little voice is in a pitch he is hard of hearing, so she gets Very frustrated with Papa! Especially when her little voice is whiny as it is now!

I hate that this tooth did this, I don't want to lose another tooth! And I did not want the expense....

Speaking of whining...I want to whine too! Going for work like this is such a nightmare, I hate having dental work done, and it is double bad, I have to pre treat with antibiotics, and the liquid form is so beyond nasty!!! Then it often upsets my stomach....

Oh well at least I like my dentist, and they like me well enough to work me in today. Better go re read Kinsey's Be thankful book.

Wish me luck....

Kat

Kat.. so sorry to hear of your tooth problem! Why do you have to be pre-medicated???? I used to have to be for my mitrol valve prolapse, but that is not a requirement now according to my dentist and doctor. But now that I think about it, it's probably warranted for you because of the cancer history, right?

Hope you can get in an get it taken care of soon. Your tongue is going to be hitting that tooth constantly now.

Just finished reading the Foot Book to Ethan for the upteenth time and he's FINALLY taking a nap on the couch. The Bobster should be home soon from his class for Women in Islam, a group that was started at our church and is really popular. Unfortunately when he drives up, the dogs will start barking and Ethan will surely wake up. But he's only here for 2 more hours so I think I can handle that. (Ethan I mean, not Bob!:))

Just checking in.

Judy, I need the recipe for the pork chops in the crock pot. That would be something Hubby would eat.

Got called into work. All I have to do is open the store and hang around for about an hour. Thought I was going to get a day off this week.

Working on my Water but it's not going to good. I'm going to try to step it up.

Have a great day.

TracyKS- Is there a meeting this Saturday? I haven't gotten a notice for it yet. I know they cancelled the Nutrional Meeting. Let me know. I looked on the website but they don't have anything listed.

Poor Kat :) Broken teeth are miserable, I actually have nightmares that I break my teeth. Most of mine are fake by now, I have horrible horrible teeth.

I'm trying to be a good bandster.. I ordered a small sirloin tips lunch from Steak Out. 5oz of tips, potato, roll & salad. Going to eat some of the steak & the salad.

I am cooking tonight. I've been so backed up this week, and now trying to figure out how I'm going to finish my homework next week when I'll be out of town except for Friday. And when do I get to Celebrate V'day?!

Mushroom-Sauced Pork Chops

4 pork loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 2#)

1 T. cooking oil

1 small onion, thinly sliced

2 T quick-cooking tapioca

(1) 10 -3/4 oz. can reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup

1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider

1-1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

3/4 tsp. dried thyme, crushed

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (I used canned)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Trim fat from chops. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chops; cook until browned, turning to brown evenly. Drain off fat. Place onion in a 3-1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker. Add chops. Using a mortar and pestle, crush tapioca. In a medium bowl, combine tapioca, mushroom Soup, apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic powder;stir in mushrooms. Pour over chops in slow cooker.

2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours or high-heat setting for 4- 4-1/2 hours. Makes 6 servings

TIP

If you prefer to use a 5-6 quart slow cooker, use 6 pork loin chops. Leave remaining ingredient amounts the same and prepare as above.

Good Lord....where did everyone go? I'll bet to the store to get some pork loins for that yummy looking recipe Judy posted....YUM!

Evening, Violets...

Michelle....how did the clothes shopping go???

Ethan slept until his mom came to pick him up. I get him again tomorrow morning from 8-3. Then we are going out to friend's house for dinner.

The crock pot pork chops were just delicious! They were melt in your mouth moist and the sauce was so tasty. First time I tried the recipe and it's definitely a keeper.

Well, my next piece of exercise equipment came today. I think I might be going a teensy weensy bit overboard. But it's kewl too. It's the Tony Little Rock 'N Roll stepper. I'm going to take it up to the "gym" in a little bit and use it up there. I really like the elliptical trainer for when I watch tv. I got three 10 minute sessions on it today so far and will do more tonight when I watch tv. The stepper is a lot like the elliptical except that your legs go side to side instead of like riding a bike. I hate to tell ya, but I have one more piece of equipment coming next week. It's just a pilates stretchy kind of thingy that I thought would be good for my upper body and abs. I ordered it from QVC too. They are really happy with me lately!:regular_smile:

After that arrives, I will be done with equipment....... I hope! I could open my own Curves here at home with all the stuff I have.

Well time to put my money where my mouth is and get upstairs to work out. TTFN.......

Hey Everyone!

I am soooo glad you like the Tshirt Tracy! It broke my heart that you couldn't go, and as soon as I got tix...I wanted to get the shirt for you! xoxoxoxoxo

Ok...PB'd this morning on an 1/2 omlette...then was soooo sick all morning (sick feeling in tummy) I had pretzles and 7up after that. Then picture this...2200 people, sitting in this large garden setting for lunch, and although I gave up bread, I was having the bottom piece of a sandwhich (my tummy has been nauseated all day). I took 1 sip of 7up...and OMG...I am looking around for the bushes. I barely made it away from EVERYONE eating food and PB'd in the bushes. Only about 20 people saw and bout 50 heard and I projectile PB into the bushes. How cute am I?

Feeling sick still. Waiting for Susanne to get here and we are gonna go for a walk, look at the shops...and then meet everyone for dinner.

Check in later~

Kat..hope your tooth is fixed soon.

Judy~That pork chop sounds great.

Pam-YIKES....I hope you feel better soon!

Judy-man-o-man can I come to your house to exercise?? How nice your "gym" is!!