Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Awww Terry---just saw your post, sorry DH is being a butt, I love Rick, and he is an awesome man, but there are days I would not take a million bucks for him, and others I would not give you a plug nickel!

Hope DH straightens up---and you hear from the Dr. soon---hang in there my friend--and if you need to vent---Call me!

(((((BIG GIANT HUGS)))))~~~

Kat

Terry~ You can and should demand that your mom be given a Valuim or Ativan to relax her. If she is getting aggitated, that is not gonna help anything. Also, you have the right to demand pain management for her...it is her right. If she is getting pissy, get her something to relax. Grandpa used to take Ativan to help w/ the Alzheimers (patients get very pissed when they want to go home, etc and very frustrated). We used to sneak them in the hospital when he would get aggitated.

Hang in there...prayers for her...love and support for you!

Thanks, you guys.... Pam, she is taking soooooooo many medications right now. i could list them all and tell you what each one is for but I"ll spare you. She's not in pain, I think she just has a fear of colonoscopies for some reason...she has never had one although she's had every other kind of test under the sun in her lifetime. I don't know what's gotten into her, but getting doped up is the last thing she would want. She just wants to go home....even if "home" is my house now. She has a 100 yr old, virtually comatose moaner and groaner in the bed next to her and i think it's gettin on her last nerve. The sterioids she has to take make her agitated and aggressive....along with her anxiety disorder! She takes Lexapro for that.

Hey TracyKS... my .02... I wax my "brooke shields on steroids" eyebrows but BLEACH the hair on my upper lip... I just don't think I could stand having it look "stubbly" at all... wouldn't that draw more attention to it??... so I do the Jolen cream bleach @ home... in private... every couple weeks...

((Terri))

Haydee- Under lap band lounge talk there is a thread about the hooha waxing right now :lol:

YAY PAM!!! DONUTS are the devil, I've decided.

Terry, I too am terrified of a colonoscopy, I would have a hard time doing one if I ever needed too. Your mom said she wouldn't want a valium? It would be a minimum requirement for me. Hope things smooth over with her!!!!

Lucky me, I don't have to do anything about my facial hair except my eyebrows. All my hair is fine and blonde. Oh and a mole on my chin grows a wild crazy hair that I pluck every week. I am afraid to ever cross into the territory of havin to do stuff to my lips :biggrin: :eek: :Banane22:

The roads are trecherous. Made my way to the store, and the pharmacy, and called Beck & told her to put her jammies back on, I wasn't driving to Farmington!!! So here I am, got stuff to make some stew for supper, so need to get it going....

The roads are unreal! The temp is up a bit so there is a thin layer of Water or slush, on top of ice, and cars are spinning out all over. I had to go in the back way to Safeway, they had a semi stuck in the entrance/exit, the rear tires spun the trailer off, and it has to be moved, or take down their sign!!!

Best place for me is HOME!!!!! Hope this latest storm does not delay my son any longer, my DIL is going stir crazy in her little house, and she is one of those people I am scared to have on the road, especially with my grandson!! She was raised in Phoenix....not much chance to learn winter driving!!

BBL~~

Kat

Terry called blue cross and it was them. I started having serious doubts!! But the info was so weird that she was giving me.

My car just broke down on the way to lunch and the 4th cylinder wasn't working?? Anyways got my car fixed, but am way behind in errands!!! I am glad it wasn't anything too expensive! Started TOM today also!! What a day!! YUCK!

Jenn, I agree with what Terry said about people passing over alone. Two times in my life that has happened to me. Once I went with my best friend to have dinner after a long long siege in the room and while we were downstairs at dinner her husband died. The other time was when a friend of mine was dying and his partner went to lay down, and I told him I would stay with Don, and after about 5 minutes he died. Both times the nurses said that was how it happens alot!! Hugs to you are your family as you go thru this!!!

TracyKS, I don't have hair on my lip, just on my chin!!! People usually get their hair on their eyebrows and chin done, very rarely do they do their lips. I personally don't do waxing, but the girl next to me does, and I have NEVER seen anyone get a rash/blisters. I think that your best best is a depilatory. I have used it on my chin and it works well and doesn't smell too bad.

((terry))

The snow we got Friday is gone!!! It is 77 degrees here!!!!! I think we got 10 inches of snow!

Long post, sorry!!

Jane

I think there is something weird about that. Both my dead g'father figures.. first one had strokes, was in the hospital, everyone was there for days.. then everyone left for just a little while and he had another stroke and died.

Then the other one, he had a heart attack, in the hospital he was in a coma, so everyone was there hoping he'd pull through. When everyone left for dinner, he died.

And I think maybe Jennifer is busy with gma?

My dad was "dying" for 2 years... I fly out to Arizona & he dies that night! So I fly to AZ, get there @ 9pm, have a drink, go to bed, get woken up @ 3am by my sister's phone call, and fly home.

To this day I still ask which one of my family members told him I'd gone to have some fun for a few days... I'm willing to bet his last words were, "Watch this!" as he expired, knowing it'd mess up my plans! (I'm only 1/2 joking about that!)

Roads are terrible here too, Kat. DD just called to say that DSIL just totaled his car. He's ok, but the car isn't. He spun off the road and then was hit by the plow of a truck. They had just spent $300 to get new brakes on the car. But the car can be replaced. Thank God Nathan is fine.

The Bobster cancelled his Bible Study for tonight because of the weather and luckily I don't have anywhere I have to be. We'll see how things are tomorrow for going to my hospital shift.

and fyi, I shave my hairy upper lip, and all around my mouth actually. I had it waxed once and it stayed red and puffy for a whole day so that was the last time for that. I pluck out the big ole black hairs and the rest get shaved every week or so. I have given DD instructions that when I go into the nursing home and am incapacitated, she will have to shave my mustache so I don't look like some of the ladies I see really late at night at WalMart.. yikes!!:)

Dinner is ready.. turkey mignon and roasted veggies. I've been snack free today so far and am on my 2nd liter of Water.

We'll be quite the group of snazzie ladies in TX, won't we... taking care of all our "beauty treatments"! :)

Hi violet sistas!

Judy-glad Nathan is OK....he had angels with him!

we won't really discuss what I ate today just know Sonic was involved. BUT, I hold myself accountable and made a conscious decision to eat what I ate! I have to live "normal" every once in a while....and today was my day :)

Have a great night violets!

PS...Frank is doing so much better! Fever free all day!

Yeah----Frank is well, Nathan was not injured! Wow!

Yeah Judy the roads here are bad, and only going to get worse as the evening freeze hits hard, all the snow that managed to melt will turn to ice. My neighbor told me we are supposed to clear up now until Thursday and get hit with yet another storm. I am soooo ready for Spring! But not going to wish my life away---as my DH insists on pointing out!

Stew is on the stove bubbling away. I got a lot of things done, staying home and not going to the movie! Bills paid, floors vacuumed...dinner made, wood carried in, I did good!

Hope Jenn is getting some rest....this is so hard on a family.

Michelle you managing to contain your excitement?

I have an area on my neck that I run a razor over once a week or so. Back with my ex, when he broke my jaw, they had a drain tube in it, and they shaved where the tube went through the skin--said I had peach fuzz that had to go. Now it grows there! Since my hysterectomy I seldom shave my legs----I use an electric razor under my arms, but did it stop that one area from growing like the rest? Nope!!!

TTYL~~

Kat

Hey Violets~

Judy...wowser. I can't believe about you DSIL...there is some weird energy in the air today. I hope everyone and all those we love are safe today!

I have tons to do...and here I am on LBT, lol. Tracy~glad Frank is feeling better.

ttfn