Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Jennifer I got a question for you. It ends up we have customers booked all day everyday while we're there :rolleyes2:

We actually had to cut one customer due to lack of time.

Anyway, we're asking them suggestions for restaurants in NYC. He asked if I'd ever been there and I said yeah but I went to Jekyl & Hyde as a touristy dinner, I don't know about the restaurants there. He wants us to pick a place, but he said Little Italy is good. I know one of the other customers picked out a restaurant there, I forget which tho.. anyway, he sent me to the Little Italy website (I looked stupid, I go "That's an area, not a restaurant, right?" lol.. he laughed). He mentioned Pellegrino's. Is that a nice restaurant? We want to go somewhere nice, but not somewhere we have to dress up. He also mentioned Uncle Jack's. They want to get drunk (seems to be a trend in this industry), but I do want it to be a nice place. If not Pellegrino's or Uncle Jacks', what is a nice restaurant in Little Italy?

****TUESDAY'S TIP OF THE DAY****

HOT chocolate

A group of graduates, well established in their careers, were

talking at a reunion and decided to go visit their old university

professor, now retired. During their visit, the conversation turned

to

complaints about stress in their work and lives. Offering his guests

hot chocolate, the professor went into the kitchen and returned with a

large pot of hot chocolate and an assortment of cups - porcelain,

glass,

crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling

them to help themselves to the hot chocolate.

When they all had a cup of hot chocolate in hand, the professor

said: "Notice that all the nice looking, expensive cups were taken,

leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to

want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems

and stress. The cup that you're drinking from adds nothing to the

quality of the hot chocolate. In most cases it is just more expensive

and in some cases even hides what we drink. What all of you really

wanted was hot chocolate, not the cup; but you consciously went for

the

best cups... And then you began eyeing each others cups.

Now consider this: Life is the hot chocolate; your job, money

and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and

contain life. The cup you have does not define, nor change the quality

of life you have. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail

to enjoy the hot chocolate God has provided us. God makes the hot

chocolate, man chooses the cups. The happiest people don't have the

best

of everything. They just make the best of everything that they have.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. And enjoy

your

hot chocolate.

It is so wintery here, the hot chocolate felt fitting!!!

Kat

Kat - I have so much trouble with oranges now. I almost PB'd on Sunday with one. It finally went down but not before I made a fool of myself in front of my family. I had to walk around fast, flapping my arms and beating my chest. Everyone was laughing at me!!

Good afternoon, violets.

Just back from my hospital shift and I'm eating some chicken salad and bean salad. It's not going down easy so I'm keeping it slow. I've got homemade chicken Soup on the stove for the Bobster when he gets home. I had 1/2 an english muffin this morning with Peanut Butter for Breakfast, but could only eat 3/4 of it. It didn't want to go down either. Haven't had much Water today, but I'll start on my 1st liter an hour after lunch.

We're under a snow advisory for tonight and tomorrow. RIght now it's 44 and everything is melting. All that is supposed to freeze during the night and 40 mph winds will create blizzard conditions. arghhhhhhhhhh!! They are also saying another storm is coming in over the weekend and first part of next week. Sure glad I don't have to worry about traveling anywhere!

I worked out on the mini-trampoline last night and it was soooooo much fun! It's really great to do while watching tv. Only problem is, I slammed my little toe into one of the legs of the trampoline while I was walking around it. Got a big, fat, black and blue toe now.

I did my bike and glider last night too. Just can't face the elliptical. I think that will be the Bobster's machine.

TracyK..hope you're hanging in there. Doesn't sound like you should be at work, but you do what you gotta do!

Going to do a little bit of cleaning before daughter Kris gets here after class. She's spending the night tonight and I'm fixing shrimp parmesan with angel hair Pasta. and of course more bean salad. I'm hooked on that stuff.. good source of Protein.< /span>

Laura - Let me call my cousin in the city tonight and talk to her. Pelligrino's sounds so familiar but i'll check it out. she lives 20 mins away but loves going out in the city...

I think my system is empty.. lol, i just had some pudding and Water, not at the same time, and my stomach is making the craziest noises ever

Ok I'm a little panicked. I just had a smoke break and the cigarette tasted ooky. Nooo :rolleyes2: It's not suppose to happen this early is it?

Laura - my friend smoked for 10 days on that stuff... don't give up

You just wouldn't beliebe how cold it is here today........15 degrees witha minus windchill. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. And it's snowing.

Sounds like everyone is doing good with there eating and that's a good thing because today is CTCD. Hope you are all getting in your fluids.

TracyinKS---- Have you seen the commercials for "Jess & Jim's Steakhouse"? The big juicy hamburgers that are free but that have a $5.95 delivery charge? Everytime I see that my mouth just waters. I asked hubby to take me so I could have one bite. He just laughed and called me a "cheap date".

Well, all that Water that I have been drinking for the week payed off. Went to weigh in this morning and lost 9 lbs. Now don't get excited. Last week I had gained 4 and the week before I gained 2. So actually I'm down 2 lbs. I'll take that. I knew I had been retaining water and that's exactly what was going on. So since Dec. 4th. which was my last Dr.'s appointment I have lost 8 lbs. Yikes, that's awful and I know it. I still have till next Monday to lose some more and I'm going to be on my best behavior. I'm going to keep pushing myself and reminding myself that I'm worth it. It may not be a pretty picture right now but in another year I'll be happy I did this.

Everyone have a great day.

Suzie.... 8# is NOT awful!! It's great!!! Keep up the good work... you're on a roll now! And you are SOOOOOOOOOO worth it!

Haydee---I grab my little orange, and a paper towel...to hold the peel, then as I eat it, if I come across some that just refuses to chew down into mush...it joins the peel in the paper towel!!! I usually eat them only at home, so I am not spitting out food everywhere!!

Judy your weather sounds like it is a day behind ours----we had total white out conditions last night, and it was thundering and lightening while it snowed sideways!! Wierdest weather I remember ever seeing!! We are supposed to get hit this weekend again too. I am sooooo ready for spring!

Suzanne---glad your scale is moving in the right direction now!!! WTG!

Maybe what you lost is your fear of flying---then you can go to SA!!!

Hey can't blame me for trying....you need to go!

Ok off to find food for the bottomless 3 year old!!!

Kat

Yikes, gone for a few minutes and the format is changed again!!

Just finished 15 minutes on the trampoline. It's so darn easy and doesn't hurt my joints at all.

Suzie... you really have to come and join us!! What about drugs, duct tape and WD-40??? Those three things can take care of EVERY problem, ya know!

Love Pelligrino Water. I miss mineral water:redface:. The screen looks weird. My mouth watered on that hamburger suggestion Susie.

Ok, having my 3rd period this month...WTF:mad::rolleyes2:. I am so tired of these little surprise visits.

20 oz of water down. I have a 16.9 oz for after lunch...then I will really push before dance class (pretty sure I can go)!

TTFN

Judy~ is your bean sal w/ kidney, garbonzo, green Beans w/ italian dressing? YUM...may make some tonight. Let me know if it is different.

But food? No problem. I mean, I have restriction, but I can still eat a good size amount. So. I guess I need to run back to my fill doctor and get checked to make sure I didn't stretch my pouch. Can I shrink it back down if I have?
I think they put you on liquids for 2-3 days, Haydee.

well, I think I might do that anyways before i so see her and see if I feel any different. I'll do it next week starting Monday, okay Terry? Where can we go where I can have broth? He he he... Just kidding... I'll do it this week, Wednesday Thursday and Friday and i'll see how I feel this weekend... This is perfect because I started TOM today and otherwise I would have eaten everything under the sun!