Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Jane-do you still have your gall bladder? That is what was happening to me when I had to have it removed. Hope you feel better soon!

hi again Violets!

Just a quick pop in to say have a good night. dh is going to work and I have lots to do before bed.

Take care!

:confused::frown::lol::tt1:

Boy that would really suck if it was my gallbladder!!! That is scary and never thought about that!!

Jane

Happy Birthday Panda ....

Hey there girlfriend... check in let us know how you are doing!!! Hope you are having a great birthday

Ohh and don't get me started on 401k :tt1:

Every penny I put in December & January was lost in January!

DH and my dad both keep saying, you can't look at it month to month or even year to year.. just leave it. But damn. I could be spending that money on something and not losin it.

I don't really understand this stuff. I am down -7.7% for the lifetime of my 401k. That's no good. But they said since we're in a recession, I'm losing money but I am gaining shares. When economy picks back up, all my shares will go up and I'll gain money. We'll see. I hate investing stuff!

Laura, I've watched my 401k dwindle the past few months too...my broker keeps telling me not to change anything, sit it out and wait and it will come back up. He said that's exactly what people do, panick and pull their money out, which makes things even worse....just hold tight!

I have also got to say that I HATE THE IRS!!! Just did my taxes. We owe federal $1308 and state $1318. I'm going to be paying them all damn year. Sometimes I miss making less money so that I GET money back at the end of the year...but then I love making more money throughout the year....whatever, I still hate them. LOL

Denise - so sorry, if i made more money this year, where i was last year i would have been able to pay off all my bills... so i got screwed for loosing my job and not being able to find a new one. At least you will get that rebate/refund check in June right?

well off on a little adventure

tracyK hope all is well. That is such an owie, but you do get imeadiate relief (almost). Hope you are napping!!

I am having troubles with acid reflux, and the Dr.s office didn't call me back. I left another message but I think it is too late in the day for a return call. I am not able to sleep at night without horrible reflux. I am not up to 4 zantac at night and 4 in morning with a little relief. At least now I can lay down okay. Now, here comes the gross part, I don't eat for about 3 or 4 hours before bed, and really I have stopped drinking also. But I end up with something similar to sliming happening. I get a mouthful of nasty stuff and then end up kind of throwing it up. I keep a glass by my bed so if I catch it I don't have to get up, (I know TMI!!) I did get a bit of a fill two weeks ago, but it seems like I can eat fine. When she filled me I had actually lost Fluid, so she couldn't fill me as full as she wanted. Is this making sense to anyone? It has been going on for about 3 or 4 weeks and this past week has gotten really bad. Any suggestions????

Sorry that this is such a long post!! I am going to make it longer by going advanced and making it bigger.

Jane

I had a hiatal hernia before my surgery and had to take 2 aciphex per day...not a problem with it in the 8 months since surgery...omg 9 months now! Anyway, I've been off my meds since my surgery. Maybe you have a hiatal hernia??

Denise - so sorry, if i made more money this year, where i was last year i would have been able to pay off all my bills... so i got screwed for loosing my job and not being able to find a new one. At least you will get that rebate/refund check in June right?

well off on a little adventure

I'll get it, but because in total I owe $2600 in taxes, it will go to uncle sam once again. Oh well, the joys of life.....

I had a barium swallow before surgery because she won't do the band if you have one, so they check everyone. I didn't have one then. Don't know what this is...

That is what they told us about our investments---that they are like a roller coaster, highs and lows, and the only time you seriously get hurt in a crisis like this is when you jump off. So we buckled up and are holding on tight, and we have rebounded several thousand in the last few days....I feel so inept at it! We took an investing class, but still I feel at a loss for how to properly handle it.

Jane--if I take my antacids late in the evening, I get that yucky slimy junk! Try your evening Zantac a few hours earlier, maybe. Or try one of the other OTC anacids, try the Prilosec or Tagamet...

And stay on your DR.!!! Make them deal with you, that is why they get paid the big bucks!!

Today, I had.....

A clementine for breakfast

About 5 bites of hamburger with grilled onions for lunch--no bread or anything.

A snack size piece of cheddar cheese a few minutes ago

and dinner is going to be slice of meatloaf, and some green Beans.< /span>

I drank 3 bottles of Water, and a glass of tea this morning, and a glass of tea at lunch (I know....at lunch...should not have been drinking with lunch!), and will likely have another glass or 2 of tea before bed. hang on.....my tea glasses hold 2 cups of Fluid, each cup is 8 oz. So.....1.5 liters of water.....and so far 32 ounces of tea with another 32 coming up....so 64 ounces total, plus the liter and a half of water. AND I worked out once, and going to more tonight! I am being so good!

OK, off to put sauce on the meatloaf!! TTYL~

Kat

Even Vi's!

I think my fill has loosened up... because it is just freaking me out tha I can eat so much... I actually went back for seconds on dinner.. and I NEVER DO THAT anymore!

This is what I had today (and I'm going to be brutally honest)

1 pot of coffee

1 package of OHYeah wafers

1 BAG of popcorn w/extra melted butter

1 dt dr pepper in a can

1 liter of Water

2 bite size snickers

2 ritz toppers crackers

2 helpings of enchilada bake (I didn't eat the tortilas)

1/2 cup taco rice

a few bites of refried Beans

1 small strawberry smoothie from Sonic...............

Can you see why I am totally freaking out here????????? Is this Tracy in self sabotage mode or what?????????????

Even Vi's!

I think my fill has loosened up... because it is just freaking me out tha I can eat so much... I actually went back for seconds on dinner.. and I NEVER DO THAT anymore!

1 pot of coffee

1 dt dr pepper in a can

1 liter of Water

2 bite size snickers

2 ritz toppers crackers

1/2 cup taco rice

Can you see why I am totally freaking out here????????? Is this Tracy in self sabotage mode or what?????????????

I get full, but I still think that I may need a tiny fill...what I do is slow down just a little so I can eat the rest of my food because it "tastes good"...i need to get up and walk away from the food once I have the "full" feeling. But again, I think I need a tiny itty bitty fill...I'm due to see the doc on 2/11. I don't think that I'm as tight as I should be, but it scares me to want to be as tight as I know that I need to be. Does that make sense? LOL

Even Vi's!

1 pot of coffee

1 dt dr pepper in a can

1 liter of Water

2 bite size snickers

2 ritz toppers crackers

1/2 cup taco rice

ALSO, I have to add that when I eat "junk food" like what you've eaten today, I seem to be able to eat more of it. I can eat less good for me food, like Protein, than I can junk food. Isn't that just Murphy's Law??

Tracyks - that is how i was but today for being bad... here is what i had

1/2 c Protein Drink Breakfast

3 20oz waters

1/4 c broc Soup, picked out the broc

1 scoop no sugar icecream

1/2 c chicken enchalda soup

1 c "special tea"

I asked dd to make some pudding real quick and she said sure... and flopped on the couch and watched southpark... so... i'm cranky

I just got in from a little running. maybe i'll have a s/f pudding with Protein in it. I know that is impt and i have not had enough today to e healthy.

anyhoooooooo....i'm going to get this job on Thursday!

lol... I am saying it over and over and over... because I am calling in what is mine... that job .lol

Judy, i know that this is the job, but if not it is not... and something better or for me is out there

I have days like that all the time Tracy, especially lately since I'm stalling out again, I lost my spunk.

Today I had...

-1 liter of Water

-1 small bowl of olive garden salad, 1c of chicken scampi noodles

-about 6 chicken in a biscuit crackers (I am addicted to these..)

-A homemade Soup of chicken broth, mushrooms, leeks, and italian sausage.. about 1.5c

-2tbsp of Peanut Butter mixed with 1tsp of honey

And when I go to bed, I plan to have some more chicken n a biscuit crackers..