Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hello...back from the depths of Hell! OMG...I can't believe how sick I was. Should have seen me, gaging as I walked the sauce to the trash can. I was sick ALL day yesterday. Went to the store to buy cottage cheese, pretzles and 7-up. All I ate yesterday was pretzles, 7-up, 1 granola bar, and in the late afternoon, I swaggered to DQ for my small Blizzard. Looked like death warmed over. At the store, I opened the pretzles...all those smells in there, thought I was gonna hurl in the store. It was a fun day of sitting on the potty w/ the trash can in my lap...oooo yeah. I gotta tell you the DQ felt good in my tummy though...I think I was pretty raw in there. ALL FROM MY OWN KITCHEN. That totally sucks.

Took today off just so I can rest. My body feels like it has been hit by a truck. I think the poison was cursing through me...man. I had food poisoning 1 time before (worse than this time) from an Italian resturaunt (seafood lasagne)...that was a kicker. Almost went to hospital.

Gonna try to drink Water today. Couldn't drink any yesterday. But I really need to eat something, probably cottage cheese. How much Protein is in pretzles?

Denise~ Hugs honey. Here is my story. I was w/ Richard for years. There were drugs involved. Abuse. He was freakin crazy (drug induced insainity). He once told the cops, "Tell that bitch, when I get outta here, (I had him arrested, and he was sitting in the cell as I am in the Domestic Violence office getting yet another restraining order) I am gonna kill her!" There are still some secrets from that time in my life that I can't even tell myself yet. I was 23 and thought, "Either I get my shit together now...or I will be in for a long life of this white trash shit." I moved home (not easy at 23), went back to school...and haven't stopped yet. I remember driving home one night thinking, "he is going to kill me tonight!" Anyway...I hope your daughter finds herself and her power within! PURPLE POWER FOR HER!

OK...gotta go do some online work. I did nothing yesterday...feels good to be somewhat back to the land of the living!

Tracyk - hope you feel better. Take care of yourself.

Pam - wow. I'm glad you are feeling better today too.

OMG AGAIN... I have a job interview on Thursday with the Attorney, the job I've been holding out for a couple of weeks, that was on hold, off hold, holy shit, i want this job, hours, pay, location, benefits... it is all perfect!

Jenn - good luck on Thursday, hope this one pans out for you...

Pam - ugh, I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better. I'm not sure pretzels have Protein but right now you should just concentrate on getting your tummy better...

Suzie - how did you know I was bad this weekend, he he he! I didn't have DQ but I had a snow cone. Not so bad! ice and syrup...

Denise - I can't imagine what you're going through right now. To see what your daughter is going through and to feel helpless to do anything about it. Prayer does help... Please remind me what her name is and I will begin saying a Liberation Rosary for her.

Terry - he he he, I hardly ever logon the computer during the weekends. Not so much cuz I have so much going on in RL but just because I try to forget about the computer during the weekend. I work on it all week long and I don't even want to touch it on my off time!

Tracy - staph causes boils? How did you get staph?

The sun came out today!!! And this weekend too!! It was a glorious weekend here in Houston. Sunny but cool. We BBQ'd outside yesterday. Man, I'm so ready for summer. It felt so good to have the sun shining on me. I truly do get depressed when it's dark and gloomy for days. I don't know why the weather affects me so much...

Gonna drink some coffee and try to get started on my water...

Have a great Monday ya'll!

Well wishes to all my sick girls.

Didn't go to the Y this morning. I'll work out at work. I have been working on my Water though. I'm up to 30 oz. already and just finished a bowl of oatmeal. I can't wait for my fill next week. I need it bad.

Hubby and I have our orientation at the Hospital today and than we start on Wed. (I think).

Speaking of work, I picked up another day. The girl that works on Wed. decided it was to much for her so she asked if I wanted it. Heck yes. More mad money and it still gets me out of the house and away from the food. I still can't believe I get paid to work out. Lucky me.

Everyone have a great day.

Happy Monday! I woke up to 50 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Windy and 50... back down to the 30's tomorrow blech!

scale bounced up again... blech!

Gotta get going on this day!

I have such a complex about my hands and nails because of work that I'm going to have them done today, a boost for the perfect job on Thursday...

Good Morning, Violets...

Finally a chance to get to this board and find out what's up. I've been up for a couple of hours already, but doing all sorts of other stuff. The mail came in and I got a dress I won on ebay. It's BEAUTIFUL... all black with a jacket and lots of glittery black beads. It's for the formal nights on our cruises. It's a size 14/16 so I figured if it didn't fit for the Feb. cruise it certainly would for the June one. BUT.. NSV!! It fits!! The nicest part was seeing the look on the Bobster's face when I modeled it for him. He was so thrilled. Now THAT'S a nsv!!

Denise, you have gotten some great advice from those who have been through it before. I can only offer prayers for you and your daughter and the baby, but know they are from the heart and I am of the belief that they carry lots of power. Just add the prayers to the advice and hopefully things will turn out for the best for your daughter.

Jennifer.. lots and lots of Purple Power going your way on Thursday for the job interview. My mantra has always been, "if it's meant to be, it WILL be".

Pam, Pam Bo Bam..... for heaven's sake girl!!! What were you think'n eating that sauce!! arghhhhhhhhh I can see I'll have my work cut out for me on the Bandiversary trip!

TracyK.. my gosh, woman!! Prayers for good health to you. Hope all goes well at the doc's today.

Kat....any new news on the explosion? That must have really been scary!!!

MY BAD.... I forgot the tip of the day on Sunday YET AGAIN!! I'll get a couple on here today to make up for the two I missed. Just pretend it's sunday when you read them.

Suzie....congrats on picking up more hours at Curves! And enjoy the hospital volunteer job. I love mine.

well, gotta go get a check in the mail for a bus trip to see Wicked in July. 7 lady friends are heading out to see it. Lots to look forward to trip wise for me!! Hope the stock market cooperates.

The bobster set up my mini-trampoline today. I just took a couple of bounces on it and it looks like I'm going to enjoy doing it while watching tv.

Everyone have a great day!

TracyK--that is miserable, I had that problem twice a long time ago and OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel better!!

Tracyks--Can't believe how windy it is here!! I knew we were supposed to get some wind but....

Have a bunch of errands today, I hate that when I spend my day off running errands. Have a great day and thanks for the Water patrol Suzie!!!

Jane

Last Sunday's tip of the day today...

Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.

Yesterday's tip of the day today....

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thanks for the reminder Judy about the tip of the day. Since I am moving a bit slow today, here is the tip for now. If I can do better later I will!

#1DONT EAT SAUCE AFTER IT HAS BEEN IN THE CROCK POT AND TURNED OFF FOR 6 HOURS!

#2: THERE IS NO PROTIEN IN PRETZLES.

Better ones to hopefully follow.

Good Mon Morn, Vi's~~

Healing purple thoughts to all the ill Vi's... and good thoughts for everyone in need of them... your personal stories are so touching...

I forgot I'm supposed to do a "tip" on Saturdays! Whoops! I'll try to do better!!

12 days 'til the big surprise trip! Holding this secret in is making me crazy!! Will I make it???

Lots to do... make it a great day, everyone!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty solumn around the office today....... as yesterday was the anniversary of the OKLAHOMA State plane crash that killed my bosses middle son..(who was an up and rising assistant coach)... he is always a wreck and the week leading up to the anniversary and the few days afterward is bad..... this is how he ended up HR at a Convent.... he used to be in high pressure manufacturing plant manager jobs.... He came here after a life changing event....... and so did I. :eek:

Have a great day... I need to start on my Water

Morning V's!!

I missed the boils/staph post.. but I have a chronic issue with boils in between my thighs, under my breasts, and under my armpits. It's disfigured the skin there, and there's ALWAYS at least 8 active ones on my body at one time.. and that's the very least. I have seen docs, I've tried everything they've ever told me, nothing ever changed. My last visit to gyno in Dec, I told her how I had hoped when I lost weight, this would have stopped at least a little bit. She said I would likely need PS to remove skin on my thighs even if I lose weight. Since that's not an option.. and I've lived with these boils most of my life, I guess I just chuck it up to tough shit. I never wear short shorts or normal cut swimsuits, so I don't have to show my thighs. And if I wear tank tops, I don't raise up my arms lol.

In any event, I've tried to do my own online research through the years about it, and it says staph is a cause of it. But anything I've done to treat staph (one doc's route), never changed anything.. antibiotics, hibiclens, fungal creme, etc.

I started Chantix yesterday. Woo. And I was afraid to say it, I was 247lb all week, not eating so hot.. 2 days ago scale said 250! ACK! I was a bit sad.. then yesterday it's back to 246.. whew. But then we celebrated 4 b'days yesterday (mine included) so I got my own cake. And I just took a fork to it! I ate about 1c of b'day cake. And I couldn't help myself, I finally threw the fork away and stepped back. They told me to take it home, I was like hell no, that's 20lbs right there heh.

Ohh and don't get me started on 401k :D

Every penny I put in December & January was lost in January!

DH and my dad both keep saying, you can't look at it month to month or even year to year.. just leave it. But damn. I could be spending that money on something and not losin it.

I don't really understand this stuff. I am down -7.7% for the lifetime of my 401k. That's no good. But they said since we're in a recession, I'm losing money but I am gaining shares. When economy picks back up, all my shares will go up and I'll gain money. We'll see. I hate investing stuff!