Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura you look soooooo good!!!!!!!

For some unknown reason my scale bounced DOWN to 195.6 today... I weighed twice and now I'm claiming it!

Going to tan today (6 minutes) and then hopefully get outside to do some yard clean up.. it's supposed to get up to 45 today and 55 tomorrow.. HEAT WAVE!

Laura - you look great, I just did streaks with my hair too. I'll post a pic when I get ready for work, I am running to my aunts with my left over makeup from yest and a pont.

Pam and Tracyks - I see we had a busy day at work. LOL you guys are so cute.

I promise i'll take a pic before I go to work.

Well, I'm still loosing... I'm so happy, finally... -5 to onderland... and -2 to the big 75..

Monday starts the gym again. I need to get back!

Morning Violets!

It is the long awaited day! Garth...here I come! Susanne hurt her back and originally was going to drive us (Melissa and Jackie) to the concert...putz around LA for a couple of hours and then we'd go eat. Well, the 4th ticket was for Sarah...and two weeks ago, a school bus hit her car ($1000) deductable) and she can't go. So my next door neighbor, Barry, is gonna go w/ us. I've known Barry since 1980...he is 4 years older than me...and dated my mom for 6 years (in the 80's). He is like a brother to me. But last week he was sooo jealous that I was going to Garth, I thought I'd ask him. I could've sold that extra ticket for major bucks...but since Garth is doing this all for charity, I didn't wanna be an ass and try to make some $ from it. SSSOOO, Susanne will stay home and chill all day...and we will trudge into LA. LA is about 2 hours away, but about 3hours w/ traffic. Plus it is raining...should be interesting!

I am off to start some spaghetti sauce for Susanne today. Gonna put it in the crocker and slow cook it. She said, "I'll be fine...I'll just have a slim fast.." I don't think so.

Have a great day! I'll try to get a pic on my phone and post it later. Garth might look like a speck...but I'll try!

xoxoxoxoxo

Suzie - You are doing great, girl. Keep up the great work and don't listen to the bad girlz on here! :frown: Congrats on the NSV yesterday! That should keep you going for about a week or two! Haven't had one of those myself in a loooooong time.

Jenn- Congrats to you, too, for getting back on track so well. You've got some great carrots dangling in front of you now....DON'T BLOW IT! :hurray: Youre almost there!!!

Pammy-head - (like that, eh?) Ya'll have a great time at Garth!! You're sweet to ask your neighbor...I'm sure he really appreciates it! Must just be his lucky day! Susanne must have really hurt her back to miss this concert! What happened?

Laura - my DH walked by while I was looking at your picture and said, "WOW! Who's that? She's cute!!!" He was very, very impressed with your B&A's (but I had the undie pics scrolled out of view at the time, don't worry). We're both so proud of you!!!

I had major ex-husband stress last night and ever since I can hardly eat anything. I had been doing so well, too....even enjoying chicken several times in the last few days! Last night I had 3 bites of leftover Chinese chicken and veggies and PB'd for an hour. Now I'm having same problem with a bit of Peanut Butter. That man needs to be medicated!! Sooooo glad I don't live with that crap anymore.

Today we're finishing up packing, moving and storing Mom's apartment. DH is on his way over there with the truck and I'll join them later after I pick up my son from taking the SAT (again).

Speaking of my son.... I feel so bad for him. Before he was diagnosed and medicated he was virtually flunking out of school....his sophmore and junior years were a disaster. Well, now he's on the honor roll even though he's taking heavy courses!! The bad thing is that his GPA is shit and his class ranking is shit and his first SAT was 975. He is stressng out so bad and kicking himself SO hard for not buckling down and trying harder in his early HS years...that now his options are so limited. And his DAD is putting so much pressure on him ...it's just ridiculous. The whole thing is so f'd up. Poor Evan. Such a sweet kid and good in every other way. I see some major battles coming up between his dad and me over all this stuff. I wish he'd just disappear....but leave the college fund!!

Well, I need to get motivated.... ya'll have a great day! XOXOXO

Pam

I know you will have a great time..

Terry - At least ds realized it before it was absolutely too late...he should be proud of himself and know he can accomplish great things.

Well, as for me, I am a very cranky bitch. I've eaten nothing but Protein Shakes and a high Protein Soup for oh.... 5 days now plus I'm major pms'ing! I have just about had it with everything and everyone. I just brought my kids home subway and all i get from ds when i walk in is "where's my toy" and dd glued to her cartoons! Well, by time I stopped freaking out... they were both thanking me for lunch.< /p>

I mean seriously... WTF ... at least dd is old enough to know I'm not made of money right now...and I'm not eating right now and how hard that was..

Then dbf was trying hard to be sympathetic... yes... he really was... and then makes a simple comment that he might have thought was funny, so I just blasted him too ... So tonight is going to be fun at work, it is my oven night, which means I get to deal with everyone's mistakes and try... really hard... not to make them quit when I freak out... because I just feel the volcano about ready to erupt!!!! then... I get to deliver for the rest of the night so I get to go from sweating my ass off to freezing out in the cold...

whew.......... thanks for letting me vent gals... I needed to... maybe I will only yell a little later.

I just sent the 3 younger boys outside to play in the mud!!!!!!!!!!

GET SOME DIRTY JEANS ON AND GET THE HECK OUT OF THIS HOUSE!!!!

It is sunny and 40's.. snow is melting ........... crap here they come fighting

Oh.....ex husbands---don't even get me started!!!

Terry---does the fact that he has the college fund make him the one to choose the college, or he withholds it or what? Even a community college to start, is a step in the right direction, and eases the stress. That is a horrible way to spend the remainder of his High School time -- worrying!

I know it is a similar thing as 'never getting a second chance to make a first impression'....but there are successful and even famous people who have not gone to Ivy League schools! I hope he manages a better score this time around.

Kids---make ya wanna go nuts!

My son, dropped out of school while staying with his Mom in his senior year! Yep--she let him, and then she proceeded to take half of his paychecks! When he finally had enough and come home, he was re-enrolled, and the other school would not release his records because he still had books. His Mom refused to return the books to the school. Cost us dearly for them! He never, ever went to school regularly after that.

Bottom line, he quit again...moved out, screwed his life up for several years. Got it together again, cleaned up, got a good job, a GED, has a family, and is now enrolled in college classes at 27.

Then Manda, she petitioned the school to graduate as a junior, she carried enough weighted classes, and was honor roll every semester of school from Kindergarten on, she had plenty of credits...so they allowed it, she received several scholarships. But oh heck no! She got married! They were stationed in Hawaii, and of the 2 colleges available to her, only one would accept her, and it was just too difficult to schedule it with a job. Her short story? Marriage lasted 5-6 years, they had Kinsey. She finally DID go to school, got her nursing degree. And used it for a couple of years, and is now an admin assistant! And back in college to get her business degree of some sort--can't remember to be honest!

And that leaves us with Abbey. She graduated right on schedule. Then decided she wanted to tour Europe! So she took off first with her Maternal grandpa--we thought that would be safe and good! Hah! Then when she got back, she worked for 6 months, and went back with a friend---which ended up the experience she wanted. She come home, went to work, she could no longer afford college, and with the choices she made, we opted not to pay for it! So she worked for a couple of years, met her now husband, who was in school, married him, put him on through school, he assured us as soon as he got his degree she could go. Well instead he is now working on his masters so she has to wait. Well we paid her tuition, and books, and she is also taking courses now. So instead of 2 out of 3 being in college in their mid to late 20's now they all are!!!

He will find his way, just as we all do. And mad as hell at him or the ex or whoever, you will love him and do all you can to encourage him to make wise decisions, and want to kick his ass when he doesn't!!! Because in my experience, they all at one point or another make rotten choices!!! Be it about school, or spouses or whatever.

Good thing WE never did that to our parents huh!!! LMAO---my Dad would spit if he heard me say that!

Off to change laundry---bbl~~

Kat

checking my email before work, I got this from a friend, and with all the accent talk the other day... I thought it was even funnier and I should share...

Two hillbillies walk into a bar. While having a shot of whisky,

they talk about their moonshine operation. Suddenly, a woman at a nearby table,

who is eating a sandwich, begins to cough. And, after a minute or so, it becomes

apparent that she is in real distress.

One of the hillbillies

looks at her and says, 'Kin ya swallar?' The woman shakes her head no. Then he

asks, 'Kin ya breathe?' The woman begins to turn blue and shakes her head no.

The hillbilly walks over to the woman, lifts up her dress, yanks down her

drawers and quickly gives her right butt cheek a lick with his tongue. The woman

is so shocked that she has a violent spasm and the obstruction flies out of her

mouth. As she begins to breathe again, the Hillbilly walks slowly back to the

bar. His partner says, 'Ya know, I'd heerd of that there 'Hind Lick Maneuver'

but I ain't niver seed nobody do it!'

LOL Jenn.

Thanks ya'll and Terry ROFL.. when I was reading your post, I started turning red cause I was thinking about my undies. I'm glad he didn't see those! It's not like men don't see our pics, but on this forum everyone can relate to the body issues, so I don't think about it.. I won't even let DH look at my B&A Pics!

One or more of my cats is sick, since we went to Tunica. I don't know what happened, but they have diarhea like crazy. So they've been filling up the litterbox quicker than we can clean it (Cat Genie- self cleaning box), and then using it ALL OVER the bathroom floor. So I got a digestive care formula food last night and it didn't help between then and now. This morning one of them diarhead on my kitchen rug and behind my lay-z-boy.. GRRR. All last night and today I've been running around the house with paper towels, carpet cleaner, and anti-icky poo. Did I mention we have white carpets? :) So I just locked them all in the bathroom with their litterbox, and a bowl of Water. Starving them for a day or two to get whatever it is out of their system. I dunno what's goin on. Every once in a while they all start getting sick, anytime I've taken them to the vet for it, they're fine just having tummy issues. I guess stress of us being out of town. But we've been back a week! Sometimes I hate havin animals. I love em, could never get rid of em, but it makes me never want to get more when they're gone.

Oh poooooor you Laura!!! Poor kitties too, but seriously pooooor you!!! My old cat was an indoor/outdoor cat, he did his thing outdoors. I don't do well with poop--litter boxes just are beyond me! So I am totally feeling for you----so, so sorry you are having a "crappy" day!!!! Hope the cats feel better soon!!!

Kat

evening vi's!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in the middle of a pb on spaghetti sauce and crackers and it is NOT pretty... I've been trying to read this last page of posts for ........... oh I don't know 20 minutes! ............. ok another run to the bathroom

Congrats to all of you that are seeing the scale move! I would list out names but I know I would forget someone so I will just use a 'blanket' congratulations to all of you!

Tracy....are you still in the bathroom?

TracyinKS- I just remembered that the first time I went to see Dr. Malley was in April. I think it was the 25th.. Does that make me a "Shrinking Violet"? I attended his orientation on Saturday and was able to get in on the following Tuesday. They called me later that day to tell me that my insurance was going to make me wait.

Did the boys have a good day out in the mud?