Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I think we are all singing the same tune to a certain extent. I have only lost about 5 pounds since October. It is really hard. I have never been married, but enough of my friends and clients have so I feel like it is like the first year of marriage.

Before I got my band, I was really unsure and scared. Then the day came when I got my band, and I was happy, then about a month later we went through "bandster hell", and then over the next few months we have learned the ins and outs of our bands. I have learned now that I MUST take smaller bites and chew thoroughly, how many times did I pb knowing this but not thinking it through. I really did this whole experience would be very very easy. It is not, I have learned that like everyone says, it is so easy to eat the wrong things. We still have to diet!!! I am soo glad that I did this, but find that I do have to work at this. It is soo easy for that ugly head to rear and force me to eat bad things. We still have decisions that we have to make, it is not the answer just the help.

Wow, don't even know where that all came from. Really been struggling myself with stagnantcy (Is that a word?) (If it is not, it should be!!).

Hang in there Susie and everyone!!

Congratulations to Michelle and TracyK!!!!!!

Jane

Pssssssssssssssst, Suzie.. Trust me, I know. If you are absent from here, the Violets will come after you!!!

You are not anywhere that we haven't all been as far as weight loss. I'm still going up and down, but I know I have good restriction and it's just head hunger that I'm dealing with. Just have to work that band and know that it isn't going to be the "easy way out" for weight loss. We're going to stuggle and we're going to slip into our old habits. But the good news is that the band is there to remind us and you are doing all the right things.. stepping up the exercise, increasing the Water intake. You've lost an amazing amount already. You should be very proud!!!

Plateaus are not for the weak..be strong, do what you know you have to do and you WILL succeed!

There... end of my sermon!!

I volunteer at the hospital once a week. I make up the patient education packets. Lots of collating, copying and stuffing of folders. I love it and they are always so appreciative there.

Well, I'm in from the hot tub and still sitting in my wet bathing suit. DD is spending the night here as she has to be at the hospital for her clinicals at 6:30 and it's easier to go 3 minutes from here than the 35 minutes from her house. So I get to have my baby girl here on Tuesday and Wednesday nights for 5 weeks! Shhhhhhhhhhhh I tried on her jeans. Here's how crazy sizes are. I have been wearing size 18W jeans cause they are really comfortable and fit great. I tried on her 13/14's and they are really comfortable and fit great. Go figger!!!

Everyone sleep well!!

Hey~

Today for food this is what I had:

1/2 c. low fat cottage cheese = 100c

1 Kashi gran. bar = 180c

3 oz tuna = 90c

lettuce = ?

oil/vinegar = 80

tangerine = ?

17 pretzles = 110c

1/3 cobb sal = ?

1 piece of garlic bread = ?

1 JAZZERCISE...kick yo ass class = priceless (LOL)

OK...the last two entries were a bit naughty, especially the bread. My brother invited me to dinner (who could resist a free dinner w/ little bro @ fav resturaunt). I don't know what the total is. Before the invitation, I was planning on a Lean Cuisine (all for me these days, the dog is pretty upset I got an unfil...:frown: @ Michelle).

Anyway, good, bad or indifferent I DONT KNOW. I am not gonna weigh for a week or two...just gonna keep doing good. I just dont want to see 250 again. I am sure you all are as tired of my 250 as I am. Anyway...that is my story. Oh yeah, about 60 oz of water!

OK...have a great night.

PS- Had a great NSV today. I wore a shirt that I bought tight, and wore once. The shirt was gapped at the buttons before (not sure what size). Anyway, I first put on a shirt and I was swimming in it. Looked horrible. So I see this "older" shirt, and thought, well I'll just try it and see. It looked great, plenty of room, I wore it today and got sooo many compliments. People today for the first time since April/May have said, "you're lookin good!" Woofreakinhoo ladies! Made me feel soooo good!

I just came from the shit hole of angry lonely people in Rants and Raves...feel like I need a shower. Same people...picking on the newest victim over there. There is a group of bullies that make me feel like I need a shower after I read what they write. When will I learn. I don't engage w/ them...just read. I'll go bouts of time where I don't even go there...and when I do, same shit different day. I am soooo glad the violets are not like these bitter lonely people.

Whew...I feel better.

I just came from the shit hole of angry lonely people in Rants and Raves...feel like I need a shower. Same people...picking on the newest victim over there. There is a group of bullies that make me feel like I need a shower after I read what they write. When will I learn. I don't engage w/ them...just read. I'll go bouts of time where I don't even go there...and when I do, same shit different day. I am soooo glad the violets are not like these bitter lonely people.

Whew...I feel better.

Ewww I just browsed through the Rants & Raves...never been there before, don't want to go back. I felt like I was in high school just reading the posts...catty, bitchy people! I'll just stay right here where I'm cozy and safe. :frown:

Good Morning, Here are a few quotes I found. Hope they help all.

On Companionship:

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.

On Ability:

We can do anything we want if we stick to it long enough.

On Self Confidence:

What I am looking for is not out there; it is in me.

On Ability:

When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.

Those are all quotes from Hellen Keller.

Ok, Water Patrol is back on Duty.

DRINK

DRINK

DRINK. GOT IT?

And don't forget it's CTCD. This means you.

Morning gals

Just hanging out this morning, up early, my pain in my back has moved up but completely gone from my side, so must be viral. I am so excited I'm going to be working soon, I am more excited about working for the attorneys but either way, I'll be making almost 3 times what I am rignt now and boy did I have to learn to downsize my life... so it will be nice not to have to stress about money and actually save, which I'll be able to do... and since I am going to need to save $8k for my tt (yes got an estimate yesterday) I'll be working 1 night at the pizza shop and putting all that money away for that, and use my taxes for the rest... so Next Feb/Mar it will be.

I am trying to talk ds into getting a real haircut today, he likes when I do it but he won't sit still after a few for me and I can't always get his ears good, plus my eyebrows need to be done. Then I think we are going to the movies to see Alvin. I'll use my movie gift card for him.

I'm going to shower and weigh in... I can't get too discouraged this am as TOM is fast approaching... it just stinks it is when I get my long overdue fill, but does explain why I ate a sub over the weekend. LOL

:frown::hurray::):hurray:Susie is back!

Have a great day violets! Gotta run and play a quick game of scrabble...Thursday the cleaning lady comes and I am always in a rush! CTCD!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

Jenn, don't forget that WHEN you get your job...tell them upfront that this May trip is already planned. As long as you say it right when they hire you (I wouldn't mention it during the interviews) you should be ok! Crossing my fingers for you!

Judy & Pam-Great NSVs!! Congrats!

Good morning everyone. I kept dd home again today. Yesterday evening she started running a low grade fever again and I would have been foolish to bring her back to the day care with a low resistance. I might just call my boss in a minute and tell him to just plan on seeing me back Monday. We both need the time to heal completely. As for me, it is just the weirdest thing. I have chills, hot cold hot cold like I have a fever, take my temp and it is normal. I just do not get it?! I mean body aches and the whole 9 yards. My temp has not gone over 100 but maybe once or twice but I feel like death waarmed over! Weird.

Have a great day violets!

Good Thursday Morn, Vi's~~

Ta Da! I finished the editing job! Phew! It was a toughy!

I feel so foot-loose & fancy free! -- yeah, right! My house is a shambles w/the kids being home for 5 days straight & me working like a fiend & not "tending" it like I usually do... so after my annual visit to my thyroid doc, who is an hour away... it'll be cleaning time!

I've already gotten 2 waters in... trying to flush out the salt from the chinese food we enjoyed at lunch yesterday! :frown:

Next weight goal is -80... ideally by 2/8, when we leave for the World! So I'll have to decrease the iffy-to-bad food choices and increase the exercise!

Make it a great day, everyone.

shoot, I just did a post and I don't have a clue where it went...

Pam - I will let them know when I'm hired, it is only 2 days I don't need the day before or after off for travel. Anything I do with the family can be done on holiday weekends or just on the weekend.

Michelle

I have a pr of capri's I bought last summer that would be so perfect for your trip to WDW... and a jean skort (which I always hate but this one is not bulky) if you would like me to send them to you. They were too cute to put in the bag.

what the hell is up with the p a i r coming out as page ranking????

off to shower, we are going to an 11:30 movie