Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Suzie: I've been wondering where you've been! Hey the next Malley meeting a bunch of the KCbandsters are trying to get a lunch together. I hope to make it, but it will be a "kid" weekend and DH hates it when I take off on "kids" weekends!

I am ashamed to say that I've eaten literally all day.......... chicken salad and ritz crackers........ I put away an entire sleeve of those things while eating the cs at my desk......... now I just feel bloated.

Cody is at a ski club trip (read: big hill + fake snow) and Charles is working late so..... I'm letting Robby bang away on his little piano keyboard thing........ OMG.... that thing is HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!! THANKS GRANDMA

Getting ready to make a drinkeee poo and relax..

Back in a minute.

Sounds to me as though you have some serious issues with first bite syndrome. I would try this....and if it doesn't help it sounds like it is time to sit down with the Dr. to develop a plan before you have problems.

I would do the hot drink. Have a couple of drinks of HOT tea, coffee, Water, whatever. Then a very eensy weensy small bite of food--a hard Protein of some sort. Then give it a few minutes. Not 30 seconds---2 or 3 minutes. That is a lot longer than it sounds like when you are waiting to eat! Then try another bite. Keeping those bites really small! After getting 8-10 bites in. Quit for awhile. See how long those bited hold you over. If it is less than an hour or 2, then the next time, keep eating another half dozen bites or so. Remember to keep them very small, well chewed, and spaced apart so that you do not ever bombard your stomach (pouch) with a large amount of food. Sometimes when you do, it tends to cramp up the esophagus, and causes a spasm, which leads to the wonderful PB because it perceives you as too full. Because when it spasms it pushes the food right into your gag reflex.

Keep in mind if you are hungry again in 2 hours, we all have cupboards, and fridges full of food----this is not an all or nothing game! I understand that once you train your stomach to accepting food sitting on top of the band, this issue usually resolves itself. It is not uncommon!

Hot drink, tiny bites, well chewed, and spaced minutes apart. Quitting before any sign of fullness. That was the suggestions given by the surgeon to my SIL.

Hope you get relief soon!

Kat

HH: Great to see you around! I don't know... I finally had a tiny .3cc unfil... but I know what you mean I was to the point of eating Soup for every meal..... NOT APPEALING.... :smile:

OK.. gotta go...

Susie~Keep popping in. This is a powerful place to be. I've only lost 30 pounds...but the exercise has changed my body and I know it is working. I was not going to weigh myself until Thur or Fri...but I can tell. Your not exercising or eating right to ONLY lose weight, but to be the healthiest you you can be. I am working my ass off...to no change in scale. I am frustrated and quite frankly jealous of my violet sisters (and everyone on LBT) losing weight soooo easily. But I am me. I am 40. I am a recent NON smoker. I feel better than I ever have. That is the focus. We are here for you, especially if you need to vent. Please keep taking care of yourself, with all the extra stuff in your life. BTW, I'd love to be a Eucharistic Minister. I've always wanted to do that. Congrats on that and all the people you will help in the hospital, that is such a gift!

Huntress~ I was too tight. Because of it, I was eathing bad...no protien, etc. I had .4cc's taken out...and have done soo much better. You can not live on Soup alone. I hate soup...so I really can't. A slight unfil helped Terry too...something to consider.

Haydee~ I think it was Kat's post...or somewhere I saw it. Don't let yourself get hungry. Have a snack before dinner. I was starving. Had tuna and lettus w/ vinegar and oil for lunch, 18 high Fiber crackers (120cal). I am going to dance class, but needed something. I had 17 small pretzles for 1 gram of fat and 110 cal. If I drink a bunch of Water, I won't be hungry...until after class and have my Lean Cuisine! Anyway...have a snack!

Ok...gotta run! My brother just called and said, "Come down to my office, I am going to pay you 1/2 of the $$ I owe you..." WOOHOO...getting a check for $4k!!! (He and I are going to buy some land in the next few weeks...so it is already spent, but it sounds cool)!

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Family due any time....I went over to check my mail, it says my hotmail account is unavailable at this time.....but I am already logged on here, so plan on leaving this window open just in case!!!

Will check in before bed. Everyone behave--or be ready to tell about it!

Kat

I have a question that I need to talk to a violet about...who can I call afterschool today??? Be about 4pmish my time. Won't take but a second. But it is important.

Well it's past that time here now that I've seen this, but Pam you can call me ANYTIME!!! Day or night...I'm here for you girlie. :smile:

Everyone should have my numbers, but I'll pm them to you just in case!

hugs! xoxo

Just so you know, Judy... I talk to myself all the time... so we're tied! :smile:

(& dare I tell you that I've also spoken w/Kat & Haydee, too?? heh heh heh... there I go again... being evil!!)

Congrats on your -75!!!! Way to go girlie!!!! :smile:

Thanks to all that have answered and especially Kat. I need step by step instructions.*G*

I've never had it explained to me. My doctor is always in a hurry and just tells me to take tiny bites! Well crap I know that but why???

I've never heard of the first bite syndrome...it makes sense because that's exactly what happens.

Thanks again...I will start working on that my next meal.

Suzanne do NOT feel like the Lone Ranger, my weight is stalled too!!! I am going to be taking more thyroid hormone, hoping that jogs something.

I am SOOOOO glad to see you back! Hang in there, talk about having a full plate, for someone who can't eat much!!!! Your sisters are lucky to have you!!

Take care of you, I have to run now to get things done, will check up on you later!!

Hugs~~

Kat

Talk about discouraged...well I shouldn't be because it's my own fault, but I TRY to eat healthy and lower cal, but we eat out so much it's hard to.

Anyway, I've been exercising 2-3 times a week faithfully and I've actually GAINED 2.5 lbs. I'm back up to 209.6 as of this morning. :smile:

I'm having a really hard time losing now. I haven't lost any weight since Nov. 07. Two lbs up Two lbs down. I haven't GAINED any weight but haven't lost anything either. My clothes fit the same but my body is *shifting?* maybe firming up some.

All I know is...I HATE this:mad::smile:. I'm pretty tight, sometimes I can eat a fair amount and others it comes back. I know I'm not drinking all the Protein Drinks like I use to because frankly...I almost barffff from the smell.

Most meats get stuck but cream Soup, potatoes and all the higher fat things slide down really easy. I still don't eat the volumn but the choices aren't meat, veggies since that gets stuck unless I drink something hot....and then it still gets stuck.

My doctor said to stop eating at the first sign that I'm full. Sometimes that would be one bite before I can't eat anymore. I thought I might be too tight but went back and he did a fluro and said no I have plenty of room.

Sooooo..........

I need some help from you all that have conquered this thing.:smile:

That is EXACTLY what I'm experiencing. Most meat, other than ground beef, doesn't go down very well. I sometimes take a bite or two and start sliming. salad I can tolerate very well, but you can only eat that so much before you get bored. All high cal stuff goes down like a charm...imagine that.

I feel like I'm at a good restriction, but I can still eat ANYTHING. Just not so much of it. That's what I expected going into all this, and, happily, that's been my reality. I would feel too "diet mode" if I *couldn't* eat certain "regular, healthful" foods. I'm always amazed when you gals write that you can't eat eggs or chicken or meat or salad... The only food I stay away from is Wheat Thins & chicken skin... had horrible PBs on each of these that made me never want to eat them ever, ever again. (Hope Terri isn't planning this as an appetizer on the trip!) Oh... and I haven't PB'd in AGES... probably 2 months... don't know why not... maybe I'm finally "living" the bandster rules??

wow i go to work for 4 hrs... and i miss almost 3 pages

This is what i had today... 1/4c Protein Drink, 1/2 cblack bean Soup (it is pureed) 1/4 c protin drink and 1/3 c refried Beans and salsa... and 80oz Water.

roughly 650 cals and 64g Protein.< /p>

I am head hungry, or not really hungry, wanted to eat when I walked into work. that is a huge problem

So when I was at work that guy called me to let me know the Partners of the law firm have my resume... holy shit.. pray for me gals, I so need and want this ... I do have attorney references and the executive director of the bar association on my side..

I am going to take a bath and relax... maybe... watching never been kissed.. love that movie.

is it spring yet?

Tracyks - what kind of drinky poo????

Michelle, go you... I can't wait to claim that one!

The Doc keeps asking me if I have ever thrown up and I've told him no. I haven't, I don't have a problem with anything going down and there I think is one of my problems. Knowing I can eat anything makes it hard. I try very hard to keep from eating certain foods like breads but it's the other stuff that goes down too easy. I know there is not a leak because he has checked it several times.

It's all in my head. I have such a full plate going with my life that I forget to take care of myself. I cater to everyone else. It's easier to please every one here and keep peace. I told all of them that the big meals were going to have to stop, that I just can't have all that food around. Right after Christmas I threw all the crap out and was hoping that was going to help. And it has to a point. I think I'm just going to do the Water thing for several days and flush out the kidneys and see if that will help.

Thanks for understanding. One thing I do know is that I'm not going to wait 2 months to see the Doctor again. It's been murder.

Thanks for being there, You guys rock.

OK, Group Hug:smile:

Is tomorow CTCD?

Suzie

I so know the feeling i've been up and down 5lbs since October... I just got a fill so I hopt that kicks it up. .

But I work in a pizza shop, I don't eat like I use to there but I know what I can get away with eating. It is hard being around food for 8-10 hrs but when they all make themselves dinner I just eat with them, and for the last few months I have been able to eat anything, I had an entire sub last week.

Stay strong... we are here for you