Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hi Violets-just popping in for a second. We just woke up from a nap. Macy is still fever free so it looks like she will be able to go back to daycare tomorrow. I feel OK. It isn't anything that would keep me home from work so far so I guess it will be back to the usual grind tomorrow!

Have a good evening and I will check back in later...

oh that was too funny Judy... I have to share that one...

I've had 2 LITERS of Water so far! Whop dee do... Making chicken caldo tonight. (Mexican chicken soup) Weather is super yucky here but I know I shouldn't complain because I'm sure it's worse for some of my northern dwelling violets. I'm so ready for SUMMER!!

Ugh, I haven't worked out in weeks. I drive by my gym every single day and each day I always make an excuse to just keep driving by.

I think I'm going to have another cup of coffee and check my email...

Just finished 10 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the glider and I looked at the elliptical for a minute.. maybe tomorrow!

I went online to buy the Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies DVDs at his site and they were $66.00 for a compete 5 DVD set. Went to Amazon and the same thing there is $35.00 Soooooooo ordered them from Amazon and will try and start up an exercise group at the church. I did that years and years ago....20 to be exact... when he first came out with the videos. We really had fun with it. There were about 6 people in the group. Maybe we can relive the glory days and get a group up and running again.

Tracy - recipe is almost the same as regular chicken Soup. Except we don't add noodles or debone the chicken. It's one whole chicken cut up into parts. Add that to a pot of boiling salted Water (enough to cover the chicken). Add cumin, some cayenne pepper, one bay leaf and cover and boil for about 10 min. Then I add carrots, potatoes, corn on the cob (cut into half portions). Boil for about 30 min then add cut up zuchinni and one bunch of cilantro. I serve with white rice and avocados on the side. YUM!

I have to admit, the Richard Simmons videos are FUN!

My Granny bought the sweatin to the oldies when I was younger, and she and I would dance and exercise.. brings back good memories.

My biggest problem about workout videos, I have the walk-away-the-pounds which I did SO WONDERFULLY when I lived on my own in Atlanta.. is that I don't want anyone-even DH-seeing me exercise. Especially in front of my TV, something about it makes me feel so emberassed!

So the few times I've tried to do my video, I lock the bedroom door, I'm gettin into it, then DH knocks askin why I locked the door. Then I gotta pause, wipe my flushed face, and peek out and tell him to go away. Then I'm emberassed anyway, and give up.

I've tried telling him ahead of time not to disturb me, I'm workin out.. and he forgets..never fails. So I haven't been doing that. I have just been walking more, like when I take my dog out, I don't just take her out.. I take her on a walk around the block.

I hate myself for being lazy though, especially when I hear about Judy on the bike and all her toys.. and then Pam doing her classes. I'm jealous, and yet unmotivated to change it. I have a feeling when I stop losing, I'll have to kick it up in gear, and I dread it. I hate exercising.

I have a Migraine right now, just took 2 horse pills and feel them bouncing around. Hopefully migraine meds can work from the upper pouch!

Someone refresh my memory----where are Cindy and Suzanne?

Well I got 2 gates broke free, and developed a blister from the bar I was using to pound it, so I quit. The mud was so bad, I actually made the choice not to go ride. I find that so hard to believe!!! But I have Kinsey, and cleaning hooves and all after was just more than I cared to undertake today! Especially since I do need to get things chopped and made for dinner tonight. I have his gift still needing to be wrapped----all kinds of things, so what do I do? I come in here and sat down at the computer!!! Luckily it is right in the big fat middle of everything so I can pop in an out, as I do other things!

Judy that is hilarious!!! I know I heard secrets from families who would die if they knew what I know about them!!!

OMG! Change in subject----I just saw something move outside the front door. We have this post across the 2 porch posts with an old wagon wheel (actually off of Ricks great uncles wagon) on it. I looked up, and there was a red tailed hawk on the post! I walked over towards the window, to look closer, and he had a mouse! Had it in one of his talons, tearing it to bits! I actually have mouse bits on my porch----omg! Oh yuck! He flew off without cleaning up his mess! GROSS! This post is 3 feet from my open front door--well the wood door is open, the storm door is closed. Wow!

Sorry for the change of thought, I was freaking out!

Anyway----kids! I love it, she is getting a pony....so is Mom!!! I had one little boy tell me his Dad took his hair off at night. So of course I looked closer, and I'll be danged he did wear a rug----still does, and a high dollar one I would bet, I would never have known!!

Lots of fun stories about kids!!!

Speaking of stories and kids. Manda won a contest when she was in like 5th grade, she wrote a kids book. Through the years she has messed with the book....and she finished tweaking it last summer, and submitted it, and they are sending her a contract to look over! She may get it published! It has changed minorly, and the illustrations are much better now....that has been the biggest deal recently. Her Ex husband at one time had helped her illustrate it, so she had opted to start over, and had my other DD help her with the illustrations. She did say the woman told her they wanted to increase the visuals in the book. I will tell you about the book when I see you or in email, as opposed to putting it out there before it gets published----ya know?? But I thought it was pretty cool! Long time coming since 5th grade~!

Ok, off to chop onions, and junk!!!

TTYL~~

Kat

Speaking of cute things for kids, I'm going to do it...

And keeping in mind, with today's technology like mypublisher.com where you can make your own hard-copy professional books for pennies.. I plan to do what my mom did before they had fancy technology lol..

She found when we were cleaning out the attic, a kids book she made for my brother when he was a baby. It's made out of paperboard, with colored tape on the edges to make it soft-edged and then she double sided it to stick pictures in it.. and then wrote in markers, a story.

It's very simple and cute.. Starts out with a newborn pic of him and it says things like "There was a sweet little boy named Jason" and then it had pictures of him with the pets "Jason liked playing with his dog D-Day", etc. Him with family "Jason has a granny, and 3 uncles name name name".. you get the picture. It was a simple book, she said she made it for him to remember names and people, things like that. The last pic is him sleeping and it says something about how he likes to go to sleep at night.

It was so adorable! I plan to make one for my kids too.

Hello and Sorry I was gone so long.

Had a lot going on in my life and a few things had to be taken care of. One of those things was my mental state. I've been batteling the fact that I have not lost any weight in 2 months and I'm furious about it. My last fill was Dec. 4th. and my next fill is on Feb. 4th. I will be walking in to my appointment a disappointment. I know that during the holidays I was a little out of control but I didn't gain or lose. But ever since the first of the year it's gotten worse. I'm doing the best I can but for some reason the weight is not coming off and I don't understand it. I'm totally watching what I eat and it's not working. I'm so frustrated. I even stepped up my working out and have add the treadmill to my routine. The only thing I can think is that maybe I'm retaining Water or something. I'm gonna spend the next 5 days drinking water and trying to flush my kidneys out and see if that will do it. So you can imagine my mental state is at it's lowest. I'm feeling like I'm letting myself down and also my Doctor and my Family. I'm trying very hard to find things to keep myself busy but I'm almost to the point of exhaustion.

Hubby and I start our shift at the Hospital next week. We signed up to volunteer. I'm so looking forward to it. I'm also a Eucharistic Minister at my church so I will also be able to administer to the patients. I work 2 days a week and am picking up more time. Tuesday night is my Scripture study class. And all of this is on top of having a sister that is mentally handicap that I take care of and another sister that just moved in with us that is preparing for major surgery. She will be in the hospital for 2 weks and than in rehab for 3 to 6 months. So I will be the one taking care of her while her Husband works.

So as you can see on top of all that, the fact that my weight loss is nill is driving me crazy. I've really been trying to concentrate on taking care of my self the last couple of days. Got me a couple of books to read hoping that they will inspire me even more. Keep your fingers crossed.

"Look Ma", No cavities. Hubby and I just got back from the Dentist. It was our six month check-up and cleaning. Good news, no cavities.:smile:

Hope all of you are doing well and I will get caught up on all the post I've missed.

Judy-- Thanks for taking care of that thing for me. Your a treasure.

On her Dads side, my DD was one of 4 kids born within a few months of one another---------3 of his sisters and I all had kids within a few months. One of his sisters did that for Christmas for all of them. Laminated posterboard books with pics of them and them with us, and grandparents, and animals and toys, and in the bath. It had a little story....Manda still has hers! She made a similar one for Kinsey last year---her first year she was only days old! But doing that is what made her think of "her" book. So she ask me about it, and being a Mom, I of course saved it, so I produced it, and she and her then DH took it, and finessed it, and Kinsey also has it in it's state as done by her Mom and Dad.

When Abbey was in grade school during one of the sales they had, they sold these fill in books for the grandparents to tell kids about their lives. We bought them and give them to all the grandparents---which was not a cheap endeavor, with the blended family, and great grandma's. The ONLY one to fill it out was my Maternal Grandma---and she did it in detail told stories, added sheets of paper---I have the book stored away in my hope chest, will pass it on eventually----they just are not ready to properly care for it yet!!! And Abbey's gma. on her Moms side, actually filled it out, and give it to her Mom....we paid for it, and was our idea, yet Mom got it! Go figure!

Off to finish up for the party....that is not really a party!!

Hugs~~

Kat

Suzanne do NOT feel like the Lone Ranger, my weight is stalled too!!! I am going to be taking more thyroid hormone, hoping that jogs something.

I am SOOOOO glad to see you back! Hang in there, talk about having a full plate, for someone who can't eat much!!!! Your sisters are lucky to have you!!

Take care of you, I have to run now to get things done, will check up on you later!!

Hugs~~

Kat

I'm having a really hard time losing now. I haven't lost any weight since Nov. 07. Two lbs up Two lbs down. I haven't GAINED any weight but haven't lost anything either. My clothes fit the same but my body is *shifting?* maybe firming up some.

All I know is...I HATE this:mad::smile:. I'm pretty tight, sometimes I can eat a fair amount and others it comes back. I know I'm not drinking all the Protein Drinks like I use to because frankly...I almost barffff from the smell.

Most meats get stuck but cream Soup, potatoes and all the higher fat things slide down really easy. I still don't eat the volumn but the choices aren't meat, veggies since that gets stuck unless I drink something hot....and then it still gets stuck.

My doctor said to stop eating at the first sign that I'm full. Sometimes that would be one bite before I can't eat anymore. I thought I might be too tight but went back and he did a fluro and said no I have plenty of room.

Sooooo..........

I need some help from you all that have conquered this thing.:smile: