Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Whew, ok good.

I used to have HORRIBLE TOM's, my doc's never gave anything to me for it.

One of my docs even said, it's not TOM that's doing it.. it's sugar!

She said sugar gives you mood swings, blah blah. I'm like, I eat sugar all month long, why is it my TOM sugar is the culprit? She was a quack.. and she lectured me about losing weight & to stop smoking.. hate docs that do that. Oh really, it's unhealthy huh? I thought it was good for me. Well thank goodness you pointed that out, let me stop being fat real quick.

I'm staring at my spanish homework in disbelief. It assumes you know spanish. Wow. I really don't. So all the assignments (like 20 a week!!) are WRITTEN in spanish, I don't even know what it's asking me to do. This is going to be such a horrible semester, pray for ME v's, I need that purple power.

Pamela----IMHO, if you are not planning to have a child...HYSTERECTOMY!!!!!!!!!!! It would be a serious toss up which surgery I am most thankful for, it or my band, and y'all know how much I love my band!!!

I wish I had forced the issue when I first began having problems and abnormal paps. But they balked, and wham then I ended up with the seriously bad testing and found out I had cancer! I wish I had done it years before, and saved myself the Dx and all it entailed....the fears, and the chemo....

I was not planning any more kids, I was done with the plumbing!

I have not had issues with lack of hormone, that cannot be easily addressed. Way TMI for the forum--but PM me if you want!!!

Feel better girls---so sorry you feel crummy!!

Kat

I FOUND MY PEOPLE!!! I've miss you all!

Kat~ I am in "talks" w/ the doc about it. Especially w/ the bad pap, etc. Will know more next month.

Glad the violets are back up and running. I pm'd Laura and asked, "where the hell are the violets"!

OK...gotta work, lol

***TIP OF THE DAY***

Combatting the Feeling Fat Days

We all have them...

Red Does Wonders

Have you ever noticed that certain colors make you feel a certain way? Green, for instance, can calm you down. Yellow can lift your spirits and bring a shot of joy into your heart. And red can work magic because it is the color of courage, strength, and power. And believe me, when you are having one of those fat days, a little courage helps a lot.

Only yesterday I was feeling grumpy, pudgy, and tired. I took off the beige shirt I was wearing and slipped on a red blouse instead. Just looking at it made me feel more alive. It wasn't an instant cure, but it did remind me that strength and power are qualities I already possess, qualities so near that I wear them literally on my sleeve.

My mother says red is a happy color. Red also evokes bravery and the ability to separate from what's keeping you stuck, which is important to do on a feeling-fat day. The truth is, feeling fat has less to do with last night's bread pudding than it does with your old beliefs about the connection between fat and self-worth, and between the size of your body and what you feel you are allowed to do or say or be.

Wearing red supports the idea that your past does not rule your life. It is a message to your psyche that says, "Though I ate bread pudding last night, and my stomach is awash with ripples today, I am still allowed to be strong and powerful. I am still allowed to be loved and love myself. So pipe down."

If you've avoided everything red because you are convinced that wearing this color makes you look terminally ill, the word on the street is that with the proper shade of red, anyone's skin will glow. Consider magenta, burgundy, fuchsia, or ruby. Or try shades that sound like romance novels: cherries in the snow, forever berry, or russet moon. But if you are steadfast in your anti-red stance, or if you need to wear sober uniforms to work, remember that you can adorn your toes, nails, and lips with red. As those who have spent years in retail therapy know, the operative word is accessorize, accessorize, accessorize.

by Geneen Roth --Prevention Magazine.

I seriously find a difference in attitude based upon what I am wearing!

Have a great day girls, and remember you ARE powerful! You ARE strong, and you ARE loved by your Violets!!

Kat

Good tip!! I should be wearing red.. I'm wearing a very frumpy outfit today. A pair of jeans that are too big (with a tight belt), and a sweater.. I call it the 'boyfriend sweater', I stole it from my brother when we were kids, I wear it as a PJ top. It's size 4xl TALL.. so it swallows me whole, and it's Ralph Lauren. And my hair is pulled up in a messy bun. Anyway, I look dumpy today, I hate being in between sizes and running out of things that fit. I notice when I get discouraged with clothes, I lack the ambition to fix hair & make up.

I don't have walk-in customers on a regular basis since most of our clientel are out of state.. but of course, today when I'm dumpy.. someone walks in, and she was so put together in her dress and fancy hair, nails and jewelry. And then there's me. I keep making an effort to look nicer at work, but then all the 'nice clothes' stop fitting, and nothing looks worse than a fancy business attire 2 sizes too big. Well of course, dumpy jeans & 'boyfriend sweater' don't exactly scream 'got it together'.

I was 249.2 last night. DOH! All my snacking is catching up to me.

A couple years ago I had an abnormal pap, they said it was pre-cervical cancer.. According to my mom, that meant I had an STD. According to the docs, it could be HPV.. but they said you can't test for it, so they don't know. I had to do a biopsy and blah blah.. 6 months later it was gone, and has never come back. So I don't know what it was, or if it was HPV, but from my understanding, if that's what it was.. it would come back occasionally. I was not promiscuous, so I was really in disbelief that I had an STD. My husband is the only person I have slept with in 5 years. This was about 4 years ago.

Laura the next tip in the article to make you recover from a feeling fat day was to wear a belt!

So you are ok!

Coming from a Granny sitting here in jeans and a sweatshirt!!! And a blue sweatshirt no less....like yours many sizes too big! I can't stand the ones that fit right now, the neckline rubs my incision, and it is hypersensitive....so it is either V necked--or too big!!!

My cancer was not detected with a pap smear, although I had several abnormal ones. Mine was found in a biopsy done following hospitalization from a hemhorraging episode---I had 3 of them. My cancer was in the uterine lining. Endometrial cancer---often referred to under the umbrella of uterine cancer. I had dealt with endometriosis for years, so when they did my hysto. they took over 8 hours cleaning things up, because the endometriosis causes you to bleed outside of the uterine cavity is one of the causes of pain. So they had to clean tissue from all the way down between my kidneys, since it was potentially cancerous. I was also given a strong round of chemo followed by standard for the type of cancer I was Dx'd with.

The endometrial tissue had covered most everything, so they took it all, both ovaries, everything.

I told them for years something was wrong. Then one visit...ONE with a young new, Canadian Dr, and it was found and scheduled for treatment. Maybe it was coincidence, but it made me mad!!!

Kat

Well I know this will make lots of you jealous---but I am off to the movie. I have plans with a 3 year old for an encore of Alvin and the Chipmunks. She has taken an early nap in preparation without a whimper, so we are off to eat a taco, and see some Chipmunks!!

Catch y'all later!

Kat

Don't want to scare you guys, but I am going to post some pictures. The one where I'm in the gray sweatshirt was taken Thanksgiving day. The one in the red shirt was taken today. Actually I took it before I read the posting on wearing red. How phsycic am I? I know I still have a long ways to go but it sure is a whole lot easier with the Band.

post-214709-13813136280966_thumb.jpg

post-214709-1381313628114_thumb.jpg

That was one of the first things I noticed. It was in my face and especially in my neck. I actually have a neck now and you can start to see my collar bones. I have also started to notice in my thighs.

Susie~ Lookin' good honey.

I am feakin pissed to the max. I asked the kids to write a 2 paragraph Quick Write on the science movie. I had one student put a whole bunch of words on the page. I looked at it, then at him and he could tell I was not happy. This is what he said to me:

"Well, it is done, I just didn't have enough time to go back put all the period in." This with a straight face! O' Dios Mio...HELP!

Way to go Suzie!!!!

This is for any fluent spanish speaking v's, but directed toward Pam just because I know you're on a lot and I'd be able to contact you..

Anyway, I have a proposition for you.. (I NEED HELP). So if you could PM me if you want to help me with Spanish? :cool: I'll pay, although what I'm offering won't mean anything to you with your BMW lol.