Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Suzie, that is one of those jokes I am going to think about for days and chuckle out loud when I think of it!! Thanks!!

Got home a little while ago---all is well--Dad is still not right with his talking, but we are going to adopt a wait and see attitude. We knew going in this was a possibility, unfortunately it was not a surgery that could be postponed or decided against.

Roads were clear coming home, which was really nice! Made good time, met up with DH & my brother at Mom & Dads when we got home, and got them set up with firewood, and things around the house, while Dad is down, or limited in abilities.

Judy---amazing difference in the suits! Keep up the great work!!

OMG--y'all are never going to believe this!!! I just told you about the other New Mexican finding me on here and contacting me. We then found out we lived in neighboring towns, mere minutes apart. So she was in Albq at her seminar---we had exchanged some info and cell #'s to make contact. Well she ask me about going to school here, I said yeah, that DH and I graduated here and blah, blah, blah---wondered who all we both knew. Well get this--we graduated together!! Cracked us up! We will connect--and I will invite her over. She is scheduling in El Paso later in the month! Which is cool -- very quick! I forgot to ask her if she had heard we are having a HS reunion this summer! She will be down a lot by then!!

I thought that was pretty cool!

My Uncle looked at the colt, and he says she is fine, lighting plays a huge role in horses vision, so he believes it was that, he disagreed that there is a problem----which is good!!!

Here is a laugh for you.

There are still 2 snowboarders out of Albq. missing (no I know this is not funny!!! I'm getting there) They have mentioned things about the boys and their co workers have commented on the fact that they were partners. It has even been hinted at that maybe due to that, they met with foul play at the ski resort in Colorado.

(OK on to the funny) So on the way home today we are discussing it, and I said I wished they would find them---maybe they ran off to NH to get married, since they opened up to same sex marriage about the same time the boys went missing. My Mom, in all her honest to God innocense and naivety--says to me "Why? Were they lesbians?" I calmly told her no they were not, they did not like women like that! She looked at me a minute and then realized---so then I got the "Oh sister!" LOL I love my Mom!!

Well I am thinking I need something sweet, and I know I really don't----maybe a soak in the tub will get me past the craving.......dangit!

BBL~~~

Kat

Any news yet on total expense prediction? Too late to sign up for the trip? Of course/sadly, it is all $$$ related for me. Any one with more details can also PM me. Thanks. If I can't be there, I will be here thinking of you all... and having a Margarita myself.!.

Kat-- So glad that your home and that Dad is doing great. Just give it time and hopefully all will be back the same. That is so cool about finding your old classmate. What were the odds? Just think of what both of you will look like when you walk into the HS reunion. The story of your Mom was a hoot. I got it right off the bat. Funny how she was thinking, well I guess she just wasn't thinking. Poor thing, she's been thru so much the last couple of weeks. Once again- glad your home.

mazie, check the other thread in april 07 area, for the trip. has all the current info there :smile:

Hey V's~ We had an amazing day today. Went to brunch w/ our friends, Jackie and Melissa (couple) and then to the Palm Springs Film Festival! Saw a movie called Out at the Wedding. It was sooo funny...probably the funniest thing I've seen in years. The entire cast sat right behind us (I mean the row exactly behind us). Afterwards, the director and producers w/ the cast went down front and answered questions. It was sooo cool. Although I've lived here since 1980 (except during undergraduate school), this was my first festival film. It was so beautiful today!

AAAHHHHH! Felt good!

Glad you had a fun filled day!!!

I had an official ANTI-CTCD.

Let's see.. Woke up and got ready for the Project runway thing. Mom & DH were in here on computers too. It was longer than we thought (and sooo slow and boring) so we're all hungry by the end of it. My sister was here, but left (she's livin with my parents for the moment, she didn't pay her gas bill for months because she 'didn't know she used gas'. Mmhm. so no heat or hot Water over there right now) And then apparently she wrote a suicide note last night. Ugh.

ANYWAY.. so sister left early, DH went and got me a frappuccino.. I had to take my mom home. She wanted to go to sonic first. I hmm'd over the menu and decided on.. root beer float, jalapeno bites, and a ham, egg & cheese burrito. I got home, decided to pass on the bites which were so fried and greasy it really repulsed me.. so I pulled off extra breading on the tortilla, but I was so hungry, I ate so much, so quick, little chewing.. I ended up spitting up most of it. Then I nursed the float for a couple hours. Went to parents house to look at their new paint (they're renovating). Their house only has crap in it, and I was hungry again when I was there. So I had some Ruffles & French Onion Dip.. and 2 caramel filled Dove candy pieces.

That's all I've eaten today. JUNK!!!!! And my myplate says I'm 200 calories over (1,200 total). And now I'm hungry for food. Gotta love it. I'm going to eat something soon, this is just going to be a big day of calories.. all from stuff that did nothing for my hunger.

Tip for the day....

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and discover they were the big things! (now isn't that appropriate for bandsters????)

And now it's off to bed for me.. nighters everyone!!

I cut and colored my hair today...felt good. I went auburn with strawberry blonde highlights.

My daughter cut 9 inches off of her hair today!!!

This was her before (she's on the right, my other daughter, Kara, is on the left).

2367204251origrp6.jpg

This is her today. Isn't she adorable!!??l3ee611b149cb427f74a7cfag9.jpg

Here's my new hair...it's hard to see. I'll have hubby take a pic tomorrow :smile:

3631358936origyu4.jpg

I spent a fortune today at Chico's...but omg they have the cutest clothes, and I FINALLY fit in to them!!! Bought me a DKNY purse today too...feels like Christmas still! I just finally feel good about buying things for myself...it's such a wonderful feeling. :myscared:

Good Morning, Violets..

We are headed to Florida today after church. 5 hour drive to the airport, spend the night at a park and fly motel and then we fly out tomorrow morning. we'll be back late Saturday evening. I will have access to my friend's computer so hope to keep in touch. Here's the rules... don't talk too much while I'm gone. No fighting while I'm gone and no major decisions while I'm gone!!!!

Everyone have a great week!! and remember to follow those bandster rules.

I stayed the same weightwise this week but I'll be stepping up the exercise with lots of swimming and walking in Florida.

Will try to check in after church before we head out.

TTFN!!

Pamela-Sounds like a great time you had! I would love to go to a film festival like that. See anyone "famous"?

Denise-I just love the hairdos! You both look fabulous!

Judy-have a great time in FL. Check in on us!

Hi Terri-I see you down there!

Kat-glad you made it home safely. What a trip about the friend you graduated with, small world, right?

Good morning Violets-just sitting here having my coffee. Trying to figure out what the day holds in store for me. I have to go do the usual grocery shopping. UGH.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Off to church have a great day!! TracyK are you feeling better today?? I hope so!!

Jane

Better today than yesterday...thanks for asking Jane!!