Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Thought maybe you would like to see my DD and her hubby. I don't know if I've mentioned it before but my DSIL is 7 feet tall. He takes all the comments in stride, but it can get annoying. I made him a t-shirt that has a wide eyed guy pointing a finger and it says. (close your eyes, Kat) "Damn, you're short!"

This was taken at the Pistons game a couple of weeks ago. The shirt I'm wearing was tight on me last year. Just like your shirt, TracyK!!

post-215048-13813136234718_thumb.jpg

Aww, mmm 7ft tall men are my thang. Oops, I didn't think that out loud.

Ok I just had my preliminary interview for the show tomorrow. I'm nervous. She told me I needed to hook up a mic so I can talk live (SIGH) I hate my voice, I really was hoping I didn't have to do that.

THEN she asked who will be in the audience cheering for me. I said my mom (I brought her to Secondlife a while ago, she likes to play Bingo and slot machines, etc.).. my business partner (which is my RL husband), possibly my dad (he said he may make a person to sit in the audience), and my rl best friend who is also a clothing designer there.

Well, mom is coming over here to get on her laptop from here.. my best friend will be BUSY tomorrow, so she can't make it :wink:

And my dad doesn't think he wants to do it.

Any of you guys who can pick up on things quickly, care to make a person in SL so I can have more people in the audience???? It's free to download, free to play..

And so we're clear.. emotional eating isn't just bad emotions :wink:

I'm so excited today I've been craving a pizza. I DON'T EVEN LIKE PIZZA!!!!

But I ordered a small one with all the veggies and ham on it. I ate the hell out of some topping.. then I tried some bread.. then I barfed ALL of it up. Go me.

And I was eating it while I was talking to my mom and best friend, being all excited, not paying attention.. blech.

Laura...I can't even figure out if the TV show you're talking about is a REAL TV show or a virtual TV show. I'm soooooooooo confused!!!! I need a nap.

Oh, and my gumbo was DELISH! I even got the rice down AND the chicken without a PB!!!!:wink:

I haven't touched a bead or wire all day. :tongue::mad::wink: Haircuts for me & mom, lunch out, 3 loads of laundry, making gumbo, shopping for clothes for mom. Day's shot. Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow.

Nighters everyone.

Laura, I am also confused...I thought this was gonna be on TV. Man, I feel old. I downloaded SL, I think. I have an icon on my desktop...sooo I think I did something. I actually went there are tried...and was wayyyyy lost. Is this on TV? I can figure our TV. Good luck and keep us posted.

Judy~Great looking family. Your SIL is muy grande...wowser. I looked at pic then went back to re-read you statement. I first thought, O Judy, dd and the Bobster are taking a pic w/ a player. You are swimming in that shirt honey! Looking Great and so is Bob!

Well, I went to Happy Hour. It is always so fun (especially since I DONT go every Friday). I ended up doing 1 shot (raspberry shot???). I had to come home and do that conference call for Walden, so I coulnd't have 2! I ate some nachos too...but that is ok. Not gonna weigh in the am AND will be at dance class @ 8:30!

Gonna call Susanne now...poor thing has to work 15 hours and will be off in the am. Have a great night!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Sure hope everybody voted!! Can't wait to hear where we're going!

I'm out of the hot tub (obviously.. duh!) and headed to bed. Course I better PM Michelle with my vote.. or two... or six.

Everyone sleep well. Sleep'n in day tomorrow!

Judy you look great!!

Laura, if I could figure it out and not work tomorrow I would try to be in the audience. Keep me in mind for a later date, and will try to figure it out!

I am kind of excited to find out where we are going! It is like a prize!!

Kat I hope all is well with you and your family (dad).

Tomorrow is a long day at work and then babysitting my neice tomorrow night. She has a fairly severe case of Autism so she is not the easiest to handle, she is 6 1/2 and is so cute!!!!!!!

Well off to bed, hopefully I will wake up and find out where I am going in May!!

Jane

Hi girls~~

Back at the motel finally--what a day. Not terrible, but not wonderful. I believe Dad had a mild stroke during the procedure---he has lost feeling and control of part of his tongue, so his speech is like a serious lisp, but he won't shut the hell up for 2 minutes, he talks NON STOP!!!!! Making me crazy. Not all of it is making sense, and then it is like he realizes it, so he tries too hard to be technical, or serious or gets all philosophical (sp?) on us. Nerve wracking to say the least, and I have only been listening to him for the last 5 hours! He had surgery about 7:30 -8, the Dr. come out and said he had done well about 10:30---that they usually recover them in CCU, but there was not a bed, so he was going to the standard recovery room---and he was in there until 4 this afternoon, waiting for a bed to open up!I was unhappy about that---but I don't know if I could have taken him all day! I am so relieved to get back to the motel room....Mom is reading, there is no TV on even, I think we were both craving silence!!! I hope he is better tomorrow. The worst case scenario was massive stroke, and that did not happen, they think it is a temporary thing due to the nerve being strangled to the tongue by the breathing tube in his throat. I hope that is true.

I have not had a chance to look at any of the $250 deals---I scanned posts....but things have been too crazy. I promise not to whine about whatever gets voted on....I doubt with the differing time zones, I will make it through looking at things and get voted in time.

I did not get to check in last night, I let my Dad surf, he was a tad nervous!!! He surfed, I read. Then I have no idea if it was the strange place, the bed (which sucks!), the noise, (wasn't bad at all!), nerves....lack of DH in bed---or what---or all of it, but I slept maybe 2 hours max last night. Then sat in a hospital chair all day---from 5:30 this morning. Since he had no room, we had no place to put all of his things---and of course he wore his cowboy boots, and had his hat...not to mention my Mom has a tote with puzzle books, and games, and Snacks, and we have coats---it was only 3 degrees with the windchill when we come in a bit after 5 this morning! So we also have Dads coat, both our purses---it was too much crap to drag around, so we just sat!

I refuse to sit in a motel bathtub or I would go soak!!! I guess I will hit the shower, my Mom will be raring to go in the morning!

Thanks again for all the prayers we had behind us. Will hopefully check in tomorrow night from home. God Willing!

Oh yeah----my new little filly, we discussed her imprinting---they think may have singular vision only in one eye. Tim called my cell today--he shoed her, and she kept throwing back her head on one side---which they do to see things in front of them. Horses see 2 ways---they see from the side of their noses to behind where you sit on the saddle on each side, but it is not especially clear---and that is what he thinks she is missing on the left side. He said she will toss and look down her nose at him. And she tries to kick, which is new, if you approach from that side....terrible news. Hope it is just possibly an infection or a nervous Pervus him thinking it. I dunno.......maybe lighting in the barn?? I don't know enough to even hazzard a guess!

OK I am tired and rambling! Off to the shower with me.

OH one more thing, I got a PM from an LBT member who lives in my town!!! YEA!!! We are going to try to meet up next week, ironically she too is in ALBQ today for her seminar, she is not banded yet.

OK I am outta here~~~Hugs~~~~

Kat

I'm drunk v's..

But I try to explain.

It's a video game on computer.. they are recording the show.. in the game.. and will be playing it on REAL tv.

LIke.. a virtual reality show on cable tv.

:wink:

Kat - What a day you had!!! UGH! I hate hate hate hospitals! You've had more than your share of 'em the last few years so you must feel right at home! :wink: You must be exhausted. Hope you're getting some rest now. When will he be discharged? Oh, my sympathies to you about his speech/talking!! My mom had similar issues once ... you learn to kind of tune them out, then they get mad 'cause you don't answer them!! You never know when they're saying something 'important' so you have to try to listen to everything, but that gets exhausting 'cause 90% of it is gibberish. My mom's doctor (who was a total QUACK) even said, "Why is she slurring so much? I can't understand her...It's driving me crazy!" This was her cardiologist (!!) who apparently is not familiar with the symptoms of a stroke!

Anyway, glad that you're still in one piece. You're the best daughter a parent could ask for!

Judy -- Forgot to mention, girlfriend, that you look HOT in that swimsuit!! Sexy back!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Good morning V's-

Judy-wooohooo on the bathing suit AND the t-shirt. Isn't it great to fit into clothes that have just been in the closet gathering dust?

Kat-my dad had some trouble talking after his surgery a while back and the next day he was talking just fine. Have a safe trip home!

Laura-congrats on secondlife! That is so cool. Keep us posted about what happens.

Terri-hope you get to go shopping today! Have a great time :wink:

Michelle-and the decision is.....(drumroll)

Janie-Hope the babysitting goes smoothly. I know it will probably be a little tough but kids with autism are such special people. So full of love!

Pamela-isn't today the film festival thing you are going to? Have a great time!

Well I had said I wasn't going to change my ticker until I lose another pound and get to 179 but it may take longer than I thought. So I may as well go ahead and change it.

I am going to bring dd to the park today and run around with her. It is supposed to be around 66 today, a little cool but at least there is no rain!

Everyone have a great day!

Tracy, take every pound you get!! You earned it!!! Are you going to get to goal first??

I don't want to go to work, I hit the sleep button so much. But, I have to get ready now!! Have a good day!!

Jane

Tracy, take every pound you get!! You earned it!!! Are you going to get to goal first??

I don't want to go to work, I hit the sleep button so much. But, I have to get ready now!! Have a good day!!

Jane

Thanks Jane-my main goal is to just get to 17something first. Getting there first or last doesn't make a hill of Beans to me honestly. The only competition I have is with myself...I am my own worst competition too :wink: