Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

TracyKS... Hope the house is still standing when you return!! Sounds like you're easing him into the meds reasonably... yay you!!

Thanks ladies...it really is a naner boobie kinda day for me!!

I only ate 2 of the Cookies I baked yesterday and before I went to sleep last night I had a guilt complex about it so I got up and ran in place until I thought I was gonna pass out. Then I layed down in bed and thought 'well, if it is still 206, at least I did my part'.

Right now my house smells like carrot cake. Macy and I are going to do the cream cheese frosting in a little while.

Kat-sounds like Kinsey (and Grannie) had a fantastic time!!

YAY TRACYK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plateau broke!!! Go you!

TracyKS, if you have seen a positive reaction to the meds, then I believe it is worth finding one that lasts long enough for him to fully benefit. Sounds to me as though you made the best decision for your son, regardless of all the obstacles in your way making that call!!! My best friends son, I mentioned that was on meds for ADHD turns 26 today, and he will tell you it was wonderful. He used to tell us there was lightning in his head, and when it lightninged (his word!) he couldn't stop himself from scribbling or making a scene. And when they got him properly medicated, they tried 2 different ones, he was a totally different child. Not a zombie---far from it, but he was able to control himself. She tried letting him go off of it the last year of Junior High, because there are even stricter guidelines here for HS meds, he ask for it back, he said he could feel impulses in his head. To this day to get him to describe it sounds like an alien abduction! LOL

Good for you--sticking with it until it improved for him!

Kinsey is still sleeping, and when she wakes up we will begin our pie baking! When we get them done, we will see what time we have left and might do some other things.....like a birthday cake for her Mama! Manda's birthday is Friday.

Becky and her family and our family usually get together for birthdays and holidays---this week is a bit chaotic Today is her oldest sons birthday, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, Friday is Manda's birthday, then the weekend, then Monday is Kinsey's birthday and Tuesday is her youngest sons birthday---all in one weeks time! It isn't so bad now that the kids have all outgrown wanting a separate birthday party! When they were young, we would have Chris', then Manda's, then Thanksgiving would always fall somewhere in there, then by the time poor Cory's birthday fell, we were so sick of parties and cake it was pathetic!! LOL

Well, I have been working on this post for well over an hour.....Kinsey is now up, she has Breakfast in front of her, and I am going to get set up to begin baking!

Will check with y'all later!

Kat

Kat-your signature thing at the bottom that says "Proud Shrinkin Violet"....shouldn't yours say Proud Shrunk Violet? lol

Edited by TracyK
because 'proud' isn't spelled prud lol

((((TracyK))) I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!

You beat me to it, Judy!! I was gonna "boobie nanner" TracyK, too!!

WHEAT GERM!!! Can you believe I've spent more than $300 on groceries this week -- including going back out this a.m. to get a couple last-minute items -- and now I'm in the middle of mixing up a batch of my mom's world-famous homemade granola (omg it is sooooo good!) and I am out of wheat germ!! Guess where I'm headed...

To the store to buy a box of Captain Krunch of course!!!:):tt2:

Tracyk- go you!

I need to catch up... still hanging from 205-208 but i guess i should be happy i'm holding through it all.

Tracyks- you are a brave soul! how did your lunch visit go?

I'm bored today, too damp and cold to go outside and I am a distraction to some of the guys to i have to limit my walks... i guess i'll take that as a compliment?

popped in while no one was in here, i cooked burgers on the grill for my boss and our mechanical guy - I had a lean cusine flatbread sand, which i cooked on the grill and made it more like a pizza. I can actually eat the flatbread and it is 330 cals and 21g Protein

Congrats, TracyK and to TracyKS for finding the boys all behaved.

I got 4 pans of enchilada's amde and now just need to get ready to head to the hospital. I also got the turkey cleaned and dressed and in the refridge till tomorrow morning. I did a few other things also. I think I'm all ready.

Have a great evening. Hugs.

WOOOHOOO Tracy!!!

I just got back from lunch @ Chili's.. Tilapia & broccoli.. nom nom nom.

It's funny, I love love love their food, but the service is SO BAD. Admittedly bad. I've complained to managers (who were sitting at tables hanging out) and they just moved us once. Anyway, it never fails. They forgot my Soup, brought me sweet tea instead of unsweet, and Russell's order was wrong (they put blue cheese on his sandwhich and he hates blue cheese), and he was so livid (yet happy to be able to say SEE THIS PLACE SUCKS to me) that he didn't return it, he just threw his fork down and sulked while I ate.

Tilapia is all worth it though. I know he hates the service, so I try not to make him go there.. but he threatens me when I can't make up my mind on where I want to go, but it's really that I know we disagree on everywhere so I'm trying to find somewhere we'd both enjoy.. so I was thinking and he goes "If you don't pick somewhere, we're..." and it probably would have ended with "going to Taco Bell" so I just said "OK.. Chilis"

Neener neener.

Good afternoon, Violets..

Got my two squash dishes done and in the fridge and went shopping for a Christmas sweater. I got a sweatshirt AND sweater. I'm good to go for all the musical gigs coming up in December.

Bought a pair of black pants size 10!! Course they are elastic all the way around, but a 10...!! I'm so thankful for my band and for my Violets...

Off to get some Christmas bags at the dollar store. We've decided to send the Christmas presents home with DS Josh and family rather than risk not being able to get down there if the roads are bad after Christmas. That means marathon wrapping sessions tonight and tomorrow morning.

Catch you later!

Pies are all done....well 2 remain in the oven, the rest are cooled and done! 2 pumpkin, 1 pecan, 2 chocolate pecan, 1 caramel pecan, and 1 SF caramel pecan. We also have a gooey butter toffee cake (Manda's choice for her B-day) and a carrot cake. Heaven help me!!!!

Kinsey had a blast!!! She stirred and dumped things to her hearts content, and she cracked every single egg we used all by herself....talk about a proud kid! She was all psyched to chop up the veggies, until her Mama showed up and reminded her that her new cottage was at home, and that was all she wrote, she was ready to go!

Got most of my stuff done, going to do a bit of cleaning, but just everyday stuff, it is just our family so no one I need to do extra cleaning for!!! LOL

Our Chili's we have decided it all depends on who you get as a wait person. Some are on the money, and really good, and others are worthless! As for the dressing mix up on the sandwich, chances are that was the cooks fault, not the waiters. They get used to doing it a certain way, and no matter what is wrote then sent through the computer, they just make it as usual....which really bites, because I always have the tomatoes left off.....and get irritated as can be when it comes out covered in tomatoes!! I mean I am already the slowest eater in the bunch--always--but now I have to wait while they make it right, and hope they don't spit in it for me sending it back!

We are reheating stew for dinner, and I have bread ready to go in the bread machine here in a few minutes so it will be hot and fresh when Rick gets home. He LOVES coming in and getting the heel and smothering it in butter! I used to love it as well, and we would argue over who should eat it, when I tried to give it to him, he would refuse and tell me he wanted the next slice, which I knew was not true!!!

Since the band, I no longer argue!!! I usually cut the corner of the crust off and eat it!

I am going to start my wrapping this next week Judy. I usually wrap as I go, but I am so far behind this year it is pathetic!

We are hitting a couple of sales on Friday, and that should finish up the actual shopping for gifts. Anything after that will be extra, just because it strikes me kind of things!

Anyone have any good moisturizing hints for your sinus? I am so dry and tight that my nose is bleeding.

Tracy--I really cannot answer about the candles. I know when I have been to the area during the craft shows the smells are very bold.....but I have never bought candles from her, only the body butter. Wait! I do have some, I have a cherry vanilla one that was part of the Christmas give away thing--and it does pretty well at smelling up the house. And also a Cucumber Melon. They smell good....they just are not the usual scents I would burn. Fruity is not my thing.

The ones I have like I say were part of a give away to all the women at DH's Christmas Party with the company. I did not choose them.

I know she makes some soy, and maybe even some beeswax (both renewable sources---not relying on petroleum like usual parafin candles do), but I have never had any of them.

Well I am going to go put my bread on, and get the rest of my housework done, so I can kick back and work on the stocking!!!

Gobble-Gobble!!

Kat

To all violets that will not log on tomorrow...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Thanks for being such wonderful friends :)

WOOOHOOO Tracy!!!

I just got back from lunch @ Chili's.. Tilapia & broccoli.. nom nom nom.

It's funny, I love love love their food, but the service is SO BAD. Admittedly bad. I've complained to managers (who were sitting at tables hanging out) and they just moved us once. Anyway, it never fails. They forgot my Soup, brought me sweet tea instead of unsweet, and Russell's order was wrong (they put blue cheese on his sandwhich and he hates blue cheese), and he was so livid (yet happy to be able to say SEE THIS PLACE SUCKS to me) that he didn't return it, he just threw his fork down and sulked while I ate.

Tilapia is all worth it though. I know he hates the service, so I try not to make him go there.. but he threatens me when I can't make up my mind on where I want to go, but it's really that I know we disagree on everywhere so I'm trying to find somewhere we'd both enjoy.. so I was thinking and he goes "If you don't pick somewhere, we're..." and it probably would have ended with "going to Taco Bell" so I just said "OK.. Chilis"

Neener neener.

I was there yesterday...had the salad and chicken enchilada soup...service was horrible too lol...must be a requirement for hiring their staff. :)