Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Michelle - I am totally exhausted just thinking about doing all that!!!!! You must sleep really well at night! I think you're crazy!! ...but I'm sure your family appreciates it. If not now, then when they have children of their own someday!

OMG...the house smells SO good!!

Here are a few pics of my kitchen helper :wub:

How precious!! Enjoy yourselves. That's what life is about...Mom and daugher making Cookies together!

We bought our first CD's today, we got them from ING Direct...which is where Jane recommended! I did google for reviews (afterward) and people complained they check your credit score 2x a month indefinitely till your account is closed, which I hope isn't true..

Wonder why in the world they would do that??? What would that have to do with your CD's?? Odd!

I'm pooped and didn't do much today except work and go to dinner with my kids and 2 of their friends. Sometimes when they're talking among themselves I feel like they're speaking a different language!! OMG! I am my mother!!!! When did I get old?

Did I tell ya'll that my 14 year old daughter (well, almost 15) has her first official, for real boyfriend? YIKES!!!! He seems nice though so I'm not TOO worried! And get this: his name is MARVIN! (Remember Hector?) What is going on here??? Where are the Adam's, Josh's and Zach's???:)

Hello, I hope ING doesn't check credit scores, that is odd, why would they care? If anyone else gets a cd, email Laura or myself, because we can get you I think $25 for opening an account. Free money, that is what I like!!

I am so tired, want to go to bed, but have stuff I need to do. I think this weekend is going to be sort of slow at work, so I can take it easy then.

Haydee, I am just kind of spoiled. I am bringing vegetables, but usually I just show up!

Oh well off I go for some stuff to get done!!

Denise-are you excited about having a new house to have Thanksgiving in? I'll bet that is so exciting. Are you loving it?

I'm loving it, but I'm cooking for 22 people! LOL

I'm sure it will be a mess after Thursday!!! I'll need 4 days off just to recover! :)

Tracy I got my monkey today! OMG what a hoot!!!! Scared the #$@% out of me at first LOL!!!

Blake LOVES it...almost made him cry at first, but then he saw my reaction as I was laughing and now he won't leave it alone!!!

Thank you so much...that brought a smile to my face!!!

xoxo

OMG...the house smells SO good!!

Here are a few pics of my kitchen helper :)

She is SO darling!!! Now that I'm over the initial shock of my daughter being pregnant again, I'm secretly hoping she has a little girl....I'll be happy with either of course. I just want a healthy baby for her...and hope that she straightens up. Today it's been 3 weeks since she's been sober...and counting.

Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to get these kids in the kitchen and make Cookies with them!!!

We had a wonderful party!! It got off to a bad start, the party they had scheduled before ours was a bunch of RUDE and ignorant people! They had the room booked from 5-7, and when we arrived to get ready, they would not leave....when we left at 9 they were still in there, laughing about it....and according to the 2 that waited on our group, the wait staff for the room had been run ragged, and as of yet, no one had paid! So they ended up setting our group up in a corner of the main dining area, but they were VERY helpful, and apologetic, and went above and beyond in taking care of us.

Kinsey looked precious, she had on a little dress that come just below the knee, it was black velvet on top with a big hot pink sash and then a white double layer skirt with flowers around the hem, white tights, and little black shoes. Just adorable! She was thrilled with her gifts, and she let the other kids help tear open, without getting mad (which was a BIG surprise!!!) When they brought out her cake and sang to her, she sang right along with everyone. And when anyone would tell her Happy Birthday, she replied Happy Birthday back to them, just like if they were telling her Merry Christmas!

I ask her as we were getting ready to leave if she had a good birthday, and she looked at me quite serious and said "It was a REALLY good birthday Granny, didn't you see?"

She hugged everyone---including the girl and guy who waited on our tables! She gave them cupcakes! Which made the cook staff jealous, so we all avoided bringing home left over cake by sharing in the restaurant!

My DIL made a joking comment to Manda something about getting everything put away and just in time for Christmas, and Kinsey told her "I don't need nussing for Christmas!" Wonder how long that will last? Probably til she got home and saw a commercial for something she did not get!!! LOL

Tomorrow she is going to help me do my pies, and we are going to prep some things for the next day----cut celery and onion for the dressing etc. She was all thrilled because she got a little apron tonight, she is going to bring it she said!

So Tracy....are you avoiding all you baked today?? That will be my issue tomorrow!! LOL

Looks like we might have 14 here for Thanksgiving, I invited my son in laws Mom and her long time boyfriend tonight....so if they show it will make 14. A guy Rick has been friends with for years is coming, he has no family around, he has joined us before when we had dinner here. Other than that, my parents and brother, and our kids. I do not have anyone staying over tho......just for the feast!

Was a happy fun night, hard for me to believe my granddaughter is 4!! She was an unexpected blessing, and then when she was born she was sooo tiny (4 lbs), but she is thriving! Lots of things to be thankful for!

See y'all in the morning. Travel Safely Pamela, and many prayers are going with you.

Night!

Kat

Good Morning. Up and need to go dry my hair and get dressed. I work form 6-8am and than off till Saturday.

When I get home I need to make 2 pans of enchilada's. One for home and one to take to the hospital tonight. I'm treating the girls we work with for Thanksgiving.

I got into the fudge last night. So today I'm not going near it or the Cookies. I've actually been doing really good with my eating and don't need to get myself back off track.

It turns out I will be doing all the cooking for tomorrow. All of a sudden everyone has come down with some ailment. A bad back, sore shoulder etc. etc. Looks like I'll get all of the clean up also. I told Hubby that next year we are going away for Thanksgiving. Just the 2 of us.

Well, at least I have Friday off and can get a little rest in for the day. I still need to get my SS's gift finished. Hope I can do it by Sunday.

Everyone have a great day and enjoy the beginning of the Holiday.

Good Morning everyone!

i'm at work so a quick pop in while i have 30 seconds....

Icy roads this am, i'm not ready for this

Terry - my dd has her first real bf too... i have not met him, he is going to come over for desert tomorrow, but i have friends who work for school dist so i always inq. about everyone she hangs with and they all LOVE him and say i have nothing to worry about! How nice

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, we are having a crazy one at my neighbors, making garbage bread for the kids and chicken wings to go with the Turkey because we are nuts... and perrogies and gumpkies (SP), turkey, cornbread stuffing, pumpkin cheesecake, and some other polish food... nothing traditional here except for the turkey (which i cannot eat) so i'll eat the polish food and be super happy...

Pam -- be safe out there traveling

Enjoy your families everyone - i actually am missing mine - so we are starting new traditions this year, and we are going to pick one up that my Aunt use to do, every year she had new year day dinner for all of us, and since she passed last month... mom and I decided since she was helping fund the walls going up we were going to try to get the 3 cousins left and have it at our house.

I'll try to check in later -

HUGS to you all

Good Morning, Violets..

Just sitting and waiting for Ethan to arrive.

Kat... sounds like Kinsey had a great birthday party! We are having a 2nd birthday party for granddaughter Amelia on Friday. Her birthday is the 2nd of December, but since they will be here and not 6 hours away, we're going to have it at our house and then go to the Thanksgiving parade in town. DD Kris says she wants to take advantage of the Friday sales, but I'm not willing to get up that early!! Besides most of my shopping is done!

Jenn...be careful on the roads out there. Lots of slip sliding on the roads here the last couple of days.

Susie.... BACK AWAY FROM THE FUDGE!!!

That's our traditional give away present at Christmas. The Bobster makes it, I package it and it goes to neighbors and friends. It will be hard staying away from it for sure and I'm not even a big fan of fudge!

Gotta go get some Breakfast ready for Ethan when he arrives.. Everyone have a great day!!

Yes, Terri, I am just really crazy!! I know it & work with it... fighting it just doesn't work!

Today is less hectic... really! A little last-minute cleaning, a little baking, laundry, make the chili for tonight's dinner... & voila! Now TOMORROW will be all-day in the kitchen... but that's what it's all about! Oh, and the parade! -- I love the T'day Parade AND the Rose Parade!!

Make it a great day, everyone!!

I did it, i did it!!! I am no longer 206....I am 204.5.

WOOHOOO!!! OMG, I am SO happy!!! :wub:

I have waited about 6 weeks for this!!

:wub::hurray::tt2::):pray2: Thank God!!

Greetings from Palm Springs Airport!

Was up at 3:30 getting ready...gonna be a long day. All I want is a piece of pumpkin pie!

Tracy~Congrats!

gotta go board!

Good Morning!

TRACY!!! WHOOOOHOOO!!!! :)

I am freaking out a little right now........ Cody is watching Robby at home. He asked for a chance to prove he could do it....... YIKES. I will be going home at lunch to check out the damage.

Robby is doing better on meds, the difference is very subtle except when it is wearing off. Its supposed to last 10 hours but about 7 hours after he takes it, he starts getting super emotional. He is doing better at school, but the after school program is very hard on him. We think he might need a tad more of a dosage, so that it makes it past 3:00 p.m.

Have a good one

I did it, i did it!!! I am no longer 206....I am 204.5.

WOOHOOO!!! OMG, I am SO happy!!! :cool2:

I have waited about 6 weeks for this!!

:tt2::hurray::hurray::):pray2: Thank God!!

:crying::Banane20::sad::Banane20: I'll be PamELa's "sub" and send these to you Tracy!! Great job!!!

You beat me to it, Judy!! I was gonna "boobie nanner" TracyK, too!!

WHEAT GERM!!! Can you believe I've spent more than $300 on groceries this week -- including going back out this a.m. to get a couple last-minute items -- and now I'm in the middle of mixing up a batch of my mom's world-famous homemade granola (omg it is sooooo good!) and I am out of wheat germ!! Guess where I'm headed...