Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

OMG, I just got a "Flying Monkey" in the mail. Hubby won't quit playing with it. The cats are totally scared of it.

Thanks for the good laugh Tracy.

Me thinks the other Tracy is losing it :)

I think we should start a new thread after 10,000 posts...dontcha think??? LOL

Man, we can gab!!!

Kat - your day sounds so fun. That is one lucky little girl!!!

TracyinKS - How's Robby doing with his meds now?? Update, please!

Suzie - Great news!!!!!!

Good Afternoon, Violets..

Just in from trying to shovel the end of the driveway where the snowplows tossed all the snow. We have a good 6-8 inches on the ground now. It's the heavy, wet stuff and my wrist, stomach and back hurt so I'm letting the Bobster do his thing while I try and catch my breath.

Did my hospital shift and then got my hair cut and colored. Not as short as I had thought, but it will be fine for 5 weeks. Now I have nothing to do until singing rehearsal tonight. Bob is working on getting the snowblower to work. It's always a chore the first snow of the season. You'd think he'd plan ahead, but noooooooooooooooo.

I'm going to make my butternut squash and another squash dish tomorrow to take on Thursday. That's all I'm responsible for, but I go early and help Kris make the turkey and potatoes and whatever else she has planned.

My boys came back from the groomer yesterday with little bows in their hair. Kirby has a red one with a green jewel and Chippy has a green one with a red jewel. So cute, but you'd never know they were boys!!!

I can't wait to see who wins DWTS tonight. They all were so much fun to watch last night. I'd be happy with anyone of them.

PamELa.. you have a good week. Take care of yourself and know that you have lots of Violets there in spirit with you.

I'm not even going to attempt personals... just know that you're all in my thoughts each day.

I'm going to go rest up my weary body and hope I hear the snowblower start up soon. BBL...........

Phew!

Went to 2 grocery stores... got to the first one @ Noon and didn't get home 'til 2:30pm!! :thumbup: My cart... yikes, I should've taken a pic w/my phone!!... it was soooo full... I'm sure it won't surprise ya'll that I am *very* organized w/my cart & I managed to get almost $300 worth of food into it... items were balancing on the bottom and off the sides... too funny!... happily I had $60 in savings + coupons... then the bagger had to use 2 carts so that was interesting getting out to the car... then get it all into the car... then drive home... the lug it all into the house... then put it all away... now I have to cook/bake/serve it all! UGH! There has to be a better way to do all this!!

I got a 21-lb fresh turkey, & it's in the bottom of the 'frig...

Now I have to go eat something... then I will move upstairs & start washing sheets & towels, etc... & work on the kids' rooms (everyone will be shuffled around once our 6 guests arrive tomorrow & Thurs)... then it's down to unearth the living room/dining room area... I've got the PTA coupon book fundraiser headquartered on our dining room table, so that will be nothing but fun, fun, fun!! And remember that yard sale I did?? Well guess where all the boxes of un-sold stuff ended up? Yep, in the living room. I know you are all jealous of my fun life. The only one of us having MORE fun than me is JUDY -- shovelling snow! :):P

Will check back when I need a physical labor break!...

Oh ps... TracyKS I was thinking of you in the middle of the country literally sending out all your "flying monkeys" to all of us... cackling like the WWotW... I've got a vivid imagination!

So I am the one who has lost her mind after all. :P I just got back from buying pie, cakes & cookie ingredients. Have I gone mad or just domesticated? I am gonna have fun though. I have always been in the workforce during the holidays and when I had to make something for the holidays I would gripe about it while I was doing it because it was just 'one more thing' I had to do. THIS time it is different and I am lovin' every minute of it and so is Macy! I will peek back in later :thumbup: :)

We had the best lunch! We went to a little Bistro here in town. I mentioned when they come to get our order that we were out for Kinsey's birthday. They brought her drink in a wine glass, with cherries. Then they brought us a small plate with finger sandwiches as an appetizer! All the staff come by to tell her Happy Birthday, and they gave her a stuffed bear with a ribbon around it's neck that said Happy Birthday! Now I cannot say that I have ever really even seen kids in there, but they totally spoiled her. Was such fun! They did not charge for any of the extras and gave us 25% off of our ticket for her birthday---which of course was made up for partly in a big ol tip!!!

Now I am ignoring her! Sounds horrible, but she is lying down watching Looney Toons, and I am hoping by my ignoring her she will take a nap. If she is not asleep in a few minutes, I will take her in and we will lay on my bed, and 'both' take a nap, til she nods off.

It is dreary out today, rain moving in for the next couple of days turning to snow over the weekend the weather forecast says.

Judy, they used to put bows on my Moms male poodle as well as her female, and he hated it, he would hide his head under the edge of the couch, or bed, or under a sofa pillow until you took them off! Then he was fine!

Have my laundry going, need to unload the dishwasher. We will be eating out tonight, so no need to mess with cooking and dirtying up my kitchen!!! Tomorrow I have lots of baking to do---several pies---yummmmmmm. Everyone has their own favorites, so I try to accomodate, then send them home with them! Manda wants chocolate pecan, Rick wants caramel pecan....and I am going to make one of those for my Dad sugar free, see how it turns out! My brother prefers plain old fashioned pecan pie, Mom is the pumpkin pie eater, along with SIL, and son wants cheesecake!!! DIL says any of it is good! I don't care for pumpkin pie---but the rest I will eat! Oh I won't eat all of them, but I will wanna!!!

My DD was at her now weekly OB appointment today, and the baby is dropping into position already. When he measured her, he said the position had changed, but they did not do any other tests or anything. She said she has noticed her belly touching her legs when she leans forward or sits straight up now. I HAVE to get crackin' on the stocking, we may well have a new grandson before Christmas! I bought him 3 little onesies the other day one is blu and gray and says 100% Boy, one is blue and says I love my Mommy, and one is red and says Dads MVP. I might ought to do some more shopping! LOL

Til then, I am off to get some things done. Feeling lucky I am not facing Michelles day!!! Too much work!

Kat

What a day! I am pooped and still not ready to go...

I love you all and wish everyone a safe and fun filled holiday!

See ya' when I see ya!

Pam, Have a safe journey and go knowing that we are with you in spirit. Hugs.

Aww how sweet Tracy!! She looks so much like you!!!!

I did Turkey day shopping with my mom tonight, have I mentioned lately how much I love Publix? No huge crowd, not even a single person in line in front of us.. aaahhh. Their selection is annoying sometimes, like these yogurt smoothies.. I thought I bought them there, I wanted to get more, and all they had were carb conscious/no sugar yogurt smoothies.. no thanks.

Got an annoying email from a customer tonight at 8pm, so that's going to be my first-thing-in-the-morning fun tomorrow :)

We bought our first CD's today, we got them from ING Direct...which is where Jane recommended! I did google for reviews (afterward) and people complained they check your credit score 2x a month indefinitely till your account is closed, which I hope isn't true..

Just finished watching DWTS. I would have been happy with any of the final three winning. Great show!

Off to bed. No hot tub cause the Bobster didn't shovel a path out for me, nor did he get the 6 inches of snow off the cover!!

Flutes in the morning and then cooking my dishes for Thanksgiving and seeing my other grandkids tomorrow evening!!

Everyone sleep well!!