Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey V's~

I had 3 days all packed into one day. I was able to get 6 days of plans done...not an easy task. Plus, I had a few tests to prepare for. I was LUCKY and got my dearest friend to sub for me!!! It makes it sooo nice knowing i will have consistency, strength and wont have to worry.

I had to tell my kids today...which broke my heart. I broke down as I was leaving the house, and then really bad when I walked into the class room. My dad's old office plaque which has K@#$%^&(my last name) & Company on my wall. I touched it and had a really good cry. It was the name of his company and was on his office door forever! It is now mounted on my wall. I was really glad I did get that good cry in, cause I did not break down in front of the kids. They were sad and sad for me, but I turned it into a special lesson about death being a part of life and to NEVER EVER SMOKE! If nothing else, I hope they remember that last one. A few kids got upset, but only cause they had lost someone too once. It was a nice day as far as that goes.

I then went to doctors appointment but before I did, I threw some whole wheat rigatoni (sp) in w/ hamburger, spaghetti sauce, zuccini, mushrooms in the crockpot. Well, I left it on high cause I didn't think we'd be gone that long. Came home to a big batch of smell good SHIT. It was totally mushy and ruined.

Then I called Expedia to change the tickets. Cant even explain that nightmare phone call but at one point when they (yes 2 agents on the line) told me it would be 1200 to change (LONG STORY), close your eyes Judy, the words "THAT IS A FUCKING CRIME" came out of my mouth. Well, I guess it worked cause it will only be about 350 now to change it. Sorry about the F bomb...but really please.

I don't think I mentioned (and forgive me if I did) that Susanne joined the gym and we worked out this am. We were up at 4:30, and at the gym at 4:55! I had a really good workout and I really felt I needed that to even think about getting through the day i had.

Did I tell yall that we are going to Reno on Wed? Well we are.

I got the bestest surprise in the mail today! My flying monkey flew in today...and was really a wonderful surprise. Tracy, thanks so much for thinking of all of us. Loved the message and the pix too!xoxoox

Personals...lets see???

Denise~I have meaning to say how much I love the baby pix. Too cute and what a wonderful addition to your holiday traditions!

Judy~ OMG I loved the pix. We wore shorts and Tee's today, but I guess we are getting some weather later this week. Pix were really georgous!

Laura~ You are always such a cutie!

Terri~ I've been meaning to ask about Hero...how is he or the family getting on w/ the new baby? He is lucky to get you all!

TracyK~ What are the plans for the big day? Is Macy out of school this week? We only work 2 days.

Jane~ What a lovely sentiment...that we've brought a richness to your life. Well, right back attcha sista! To all ya'll!

Haydee~What up girlie!

Susanne~ Glad you had fun yesterday w/ Jane. That is too cool you guys can get together.

Jenn~ Pix of the new kitchen ready yet?

Who am i forgetting???

I love you all and tomorrow, I am taking the 3 kids to buy nice "fancy" clothes for the Celebration of Life. What joy, eh?

We are going to the gym again...I love that Sus is doing it w/ me. It will be so nice to have her w/ me...and it is something fun we can do together.

xooxxoxoxoxo

Pamela, never apoligize about a long post. We all will be thinking about you this week. It must be so hard to lose your parents. I am very blessed that I still have both of mine.

My nephew came over and helped me organize some stuff. I have been so bad lately. I can't find the oomph to get moving and get organized. So my house gets messier and messier!!

Tracyk I owe you food diaries, I will get them to you soon!!

Everyone have a great sleep!!

Raise your hand if Pammy forgot you... :)

But it's OK!! I dash in & out of here so quickly, I bet I'm just a blur!!!!!!!!!!! Is it a bird, a plane? No! It's Michelle!

Today is Thanksgiving Grocery Shopping Day... I have been putting this off for about a week now and we are out of or almost out of EVERYTHING so it's going to be one of those "walk up & down each aisle and just put it all into the cart" type of shoppings... + all the extra stuff for the Big Day + 3 days of having guests here... phew!

THEN it's Thanksgiving Cleaning the House Day... 'nuff said.

THEN... well, then I'll collapse! :P

Make it a great one, Vi's!

Good Morning Girls.

Up early today because I have to take my older sis in for a biopsy. She's a nervous wreck right now and driving me crazy. Like I don't have far to go.

I went to a funeral yesterday for a 20 month old little boy. I was not prepared for that sight. My heart tore right in half when I saw that little boy just laying there. My heart goes out to both of the parents. I can not even imagine having to say good bye let alone bury your child. They had tha fire trucks there and they lead the procession.

Pam, Thanks for the long post. I know you have alot going on right now but make sure you don't neglect yourself. Don't forget that we will all be with you in spirit. Hugs to you girl.

Everyone have a great day and don't forget that it is CTCD.

Good Morning, Violets..

We got a good batch of snow last night and all the schools in the area are closed today. I'm sooooo glad that I'm retired and don't have to worry about driving 60 miles to work on those roads. In the 32 years that I did it, we were never late, but there were several times we drove all the way there only to find out that school had been closed at the last minute. That's before cell phones!!

I slept in today so am running late. Got to get dressed to head to the hospital for my shift and then get my hair cut, cut, cut!! She talked me out of really short last time, but I'm going to try and win this time.

Everyone have a great day!!! Catch you later.

Good morning violets!

Pamela-I love long posts! Thanks for sharing what you have been up to because we have been thinking about you and this difficult time you are going through. Macy is out of school all this week!

Michelle-wow, that is gonna be one HUGE grocery bill. I know, already been there & done that. Here I sit broke. ;) I see a Mikes Hard Lemonade in your future! :P

Terry-I am so jealous of Hero. I really am. What I would not give to have a warm big ole dog to cuddle with on these cold nights! There is just a feeling of security when a dog is near. Is it just me?

Suzie-I can not even imagine going to a childs funeral. I was supposed to go to one but I just couldn't. I prayed about it and the Lord gave me a free pass for that one. Some things people can handle, some can't....THAT is one of my can'ts. :tt2:

Judy-Could you please UPS me some snow? I am like Terry in the thinking that there would have been some kind of fireworks at your church the other day. I can understand you keeping your mouth shut. Must be really hard to do. You are to be commended. :thumbup:

TracyinKS-I wanted to say thanks again for the flying monkey! How are you doing?

Haydee-I know you have big plans for Thanksgiving, right?! House hopping or one huge event?

Jane-still hanging in there? I am. Kinda lik walking on a treadmill, ya know, walk walk walk and never really get anywhere? :w00t: lol

Jenn-what are your Thanksgiving plans?

Laura-I saw on Facebook you said you were painting christmas cards...whatchutalkinbout? Sounds fun.

Kat-the lady that makes the candles & lotion....do the candles really put off the smell when you light them? Some don't and that aggrevates me. I love yankee candles because they always smell up the whole house! :tt1:

Denise-are you excited about having a new house to have Thanksgiving in? I'll bet that is so exciting. Are you loving it?

Gina-come out come out wherever you are!!

Well I am still hanging in there @ 206. Maybe I can go under for Thanksgiving? I'll probably be 205.5 Thanksgiving morning then not want to eat one morsel of anything tasty...THAT would be about right.

Yesterday and the day before I walked a mile each day. Plan on doing the same today & tomorrow. It is really nice outside. Kinda cold but I would rather kinda cold than kinda hot!

I have been typing this post for a very long time and would be super duper PO'd if I went to post it and lost it!:)

Have a wonderful day friends and make healthy choices!!

Good Morning all.

I went to a babies funeral once and it was the saddest thing. I hope to never go to one again.

I am getting a fill next week.......... I have been eating way to much food, my stomach has been growling and it just pisses me off.'

Hope everyone has a great day.

183 today

Today is Thanksgiving Grocery Shopping Day... I have been putting this off for about a week now and we are out of or almost out of EVERYTHING so it's going to be one of those "walk up & down each aisle and just put it all into the cart" !

I almost fainted a couple of weeks ago when I had one of those trips -- cost $280 and my basket was not even FULL!! Groceries have just gotten ridiculous. I can only imagine what this is gonna cost you, Michelle! YIkes.
Good Morning Girls.

Up early today because I have to take my older sis in for a biopsy. She's a nervous wreck right now and driving me crazy. Like I don't have far to go.

I went to a funeral yesterday for a 20 month old little boy. I was not prepared for that sight. My heart tore right in half when I saw that little boy just laying there. My heart goes out to both of the parents. I can not even imagine having to say good bye let alone bury your child. They had tha fire trucks there and they lead the procession.

That had to be the worst sight in the world. I'm so sorry for the parents...just heartbroken. :P We'll say a prayer for your sister! Gosh! You didn't metnion that before, did you?:)

TracyK - Hero has been just wonderful to cuddle with! His coat is like silk and he gets a bath every weekend, so he's always smelling sweet. He LOVES to be cuddled so it works out good for all of us. That's one of the main reasons I like big dogs....the cuddle factor! We're all just crazy about him and he's spoiled rotten.

Oh Terry, I can just imagine Hero's silky coat. When I was in my early twenties I used to babysit some girls and they had a big Irish Setter that thought he was a lap dog. He had the most beautiful long red hair. He was not allowed to sleep in the bed but every time I spent the night I would make a bed next to him in the livingroom floor and just cuddle with him all night. I love big dogs but I've never had one of my own. Mine are getting along in years and hopefully they live many many many more years but when they finally do go on to heaven I will seriously consider getting a big doggy.

Today I'm going shopping for Thanksgiving too! Last night I went to my moms for dinner and I forgot for one minute to keep up with my "sick" facade and in that minute I was assigned to bring 4 different dishes. I am making a huge thing of green bean casserole. Some broccoli salad, Sucotash and a pumpkin banana tart.

TracyKS - I GOT MY MONKEY THIS MORNING! Well I actually got it yesterday but I thought it was my Secret Santa gift so I didn't open it. But then I started reading about everyone gettting something from you so I went out to my car and got the package and tore it open. Love the pic, too too cute! Love you, that was so thoughtful of you... I'm gonna drive my co-workers crazy with it today!

TracyK - Yes two big celebrations and we shuttle back and forth for about half the day. This year his family is eating super early so we are starting at their house. Then off to my mom's at around 5. Then back to his house for dessert. Then back to my mom's to end the night... Whew! We'll do it like this as long as we can. I don't know how well this will work when we finally get around to having kids...

Laura - You look so cute!! Not preggo at all... Are all the girls your age? And all pregnant or with babies?? We are seriously behind. Out of all my gang that I hung out with in high school and that we still hang out only one of us has kids. Out of seven of us. The rest of us are just lazy or selfish, LOL.

Judy - Your house looks sooooo cute! I can't wait to get started on mine! It won't look as cute without the snow but still...

Michelle - do you have your house decked out in Christmas stuff for Thanksgiving dinner or do ya'll do it afterwards?? When do you find the time!!!

Kat - is it snowing by you yet? Do ya'll incorporate any green chile into your Thanksgiving dinner? I am obsessed with pork green chile. There is a place here that has the best i've ever tasted and I'm always wanting to go there for lunch to get some. I like it over everything!

Pammy - It warms my heart that you are able to get up and get your stuff done and get on with your life. You are so so strong! Love you and always thinking of you...

Jane - Do you have to help cook for Thursday or are you so spoiled that you merely show up, LOL! My middle sister is a spoiled brat! Since she doesn't know how to cook she just gets to show up!

Suzie - Who all do you host at your house on Thursday, or are you lucky enough to get to go to another house, LOL!

Okay girlies, I've written a novel... Didn't realize I was going on and on and on... I'm gonna get started on my list then head on out the door...

Edited by Haydee

Hah hah, yes they're all my age. The 1 who isn't pregnant or nursing, was pregnant last year & lost it at 6 months (was so sad, something that haunts me in my pregnancy) and is still trying, so 4/4 of us are at the least trying to have kids! We are in Alabama though where getting married & having kids starts young, we're actually behind, most of our other friends have 3-5 y/o kids already!

Pam, I think airline stuff is RIDICULOUS. My mom was telling me the other day about some trip she's going on, she'll just change the tickets if she needs to. I said I have never done that just because of the cost, she said she didn't think it cost that much--but some reason I had it in my head like you just said, they charge you for like 5 seats to change them.. makes me think the best idea would just be to book another ticket and don't check in for the first ones heh!

Tracy- I am doing Christmas paintings, on canvas.. no cards. Every once in a while I get the urge to paint, so I started the base last night.. silver & blue and then red & gold. Not sure what I'm going to put on them yet.

Hey V's~

Promise to keep this one short. We just got in from the gym after a long workout. We are having fun together, although once we get in there we kinda do our own thang. We wont be home until Monday (we hope...still undetermined) but I have all next week off so we will enjoy some more slow workouts.

I can never forget Michelle My Belle (never heard that before, eh?). Sorry...I was spent! xoxoxoxo

Everyone, have a wonderful calorie free (yes, I've taken all the calories out of dinner(s)), safe, warm, and love filled holiday!

I love you guys!

xooxox

Just got home.

Back in the mid 70's my Mom had a Masectomy. Five years later she had cancer on the other side. Years later my Grandmother had a masectomy and a few years later my sister had one. My other grandmother also had one. So, as you can see my younger sister and I are waiting our time. Last year my older sis had a mammo done and the radiologist said that he felt that there was cuase for concern so off to the onocologist we go. Nope he said that it was dead bone form the radiation. That was our second opinion on it. Now a year later she had another MRI done and a bone scan and a few other things and once again the radiologist felt that there was cuase for concern. Well each time he does that she goes into wacky mode and drives me absolutely crazy. So I took her to go see the onocolgist last week and he wanted the orthopedic-onocologist to see her. That is where I took her this morning. He said after looking at all of the scans and reports that she doesn't have cancer and her doesn't even think that it is dead bone. He fells that it is due to a genetic clotting diesease that she has. He ordered one more x-ray and said that he will talk to her regular onocologist and get back with her in a few weeks. He was pretty thorough and explained everything to us very well. All looks good and she can relax now.

Back to my life now or at least for a day or two till she coes up with something else.

I have 2 turkey breast defrosting in my fridge. There will be hubby and me, younger sis and her hub. Older sis and one of her sons. I'm not making a whole lot of stuff as we all don't need to be eating like that. But I will be making all the good stuff that we do like. I did get a few batches of Cookies made last night and also a pan of fudge. Yikes.

Pam, I love you long post also. We will miss you while you are gone. Take care.

I missed DTWS last night and for some reason my TiVo didn't record it. I'm so sad.

I'm gonna take it easy for awhile and than head into work later. Guess I'll fix me a salad for lunch.< /span>

Have a great day.

Well, Pam missed me too Michelle----but guess we can forgive her!!!! LOL

I always end up leaving someone out, and it is never intentional!

We are knee deep in primping at my house!!! Now we are going to lunch. She is dressed and ready, so I am taking her to lunch, just her and Granny, figured it is time to start a new tradition. Will do it again on Monday which is actually her birthday!!! Granny's perogative, I do believe!

I'll be back to check in after we get get home.

XOXOX

Kat