Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I know! It's soooo gorgeous out! The only comfort that I have is that I know that if I wasn't here I would definetly be in bed with my blinds and curtains shut. At least here in the office I have my blinds open and the sun is streaming in.

Checking in right quick...

gonna go for a walk with macy then we are coming back for a quick afternoon nap :smile2:

It's warming up here. It's now 49 degrees. Still a little breezy.

Heading off to church. I'll be back around 5pm. A lite dinner and than off to bed. Driving to Columbia tomorrow to meet up with Jane.

I'll check in later.

It's gorgeous out here today too. Was 18 degrees last night, 60 today.

Russ' brother came this weekend to help move furniture so we have a nursery, and they didn't start yet. This morning he said he needed to go home (but would be back) to take his girlfriend to work.. 2 hours away? He never came back, so I told Russ it must be an excuse to leave or something, but it was very bizarre. He got here late, ate pizza, passed out, and then this morning he left. He's not answering his phone now, I wonder if Russ said something to him when I wasn't here yesterday or something.

Anyway, just got back from Walmart, did my Angel tree shopping.. wow, I hate Walmart during the holidays. Long line, and I got an easy bake oven for one of the angels and this seemingly drunkard behind me wouldn't stop talking about it.. I asked Russ if we can start moving furniture, I'll help him as best I can.. he said he's waiting to hear from his bro, if he doesn't call he will ask my brother to come next weekend to do it. Argh, put off another week.. AND my brother in my house (I hate that) AND asking my brother to do anything (hate this even more). We'll be indebted and he'll expect me to pay him or something.

Had a great time w/my college roomies last night... we laughed & laughed & laughed! Was out 'til 1am!!

Had DS's bowling birthday party today... that was fun, too! Then tonight he's having 3 friends over for an all-night videogame party... I must be crazy!

I have to bake & work this eve...

Then more tomorrow... then ds's soccer banquet...

Next week will be massive deep cleaning & grocery shopping & cooking & baking before my company starts arriving on Weds...

Thank you all for the beautiful plant and baby Violets that just arrived. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends! I love the plant and will take pix soon!

Thanks so much...

xoxoxoox

Just look at the flowers and know we are there with you....we love you, and wish there was more we could do to try to make this time easier on you.

(((((HUGS))))))

Kat

There are now 4 14-y-o "dudes" here... eating everything in site, clomping up & down the stairs, & whooping & hollaring it up as they play their video games & ping pong. It's too funny. We're giving them 'til 11pm to whoop it up... then they need to be quiet -- HA! I definitely get the "cool mom of the day" award!!

Good evening, Violets..

Well, it's been a busy day today. We picked Ethan up at 11, then to the church to pack Thanksgiving baskets and then we delivered 3 of the 17. Then back home so Kris could take Ethan to her house for the day and night. DS Joe and DSIL Nathan are hunting today and tomorrow. Kris will bring Ethan and his brother into town tomorrow for church. The Bobster and I got a LOT of Christmas shopping done today. There were not many people out at 8 p.m. shopping this evening. The grandkids are all taken care of and all the kids are done. The only one left to buy for is Bob and that won't be too difficult. We both said just a few small things since neither of us really needs anything. So I'm going to get him a pair of indoor/outdoor slippers and a Civil War book. I asked for the new James Patterson book and a new bathrobe. I don't think I've ever been this close to being done with Christmas shopping this early before.

Tomorrow is a big day at church. We're having a service in the Fellowship Hall with a special meeting on the future of the church. I'm singing a solo and the choir is singing and then it's a very short 15 minute service so we can eat and talk afterwards. I just hope someone addresses the fact that we have an 800 pound elephant in the room that everyone is tiptoeing around. The pastor got a bad evaluation and is an area of big concern to many. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

I'm going to go out to the hot tub and do my exercises and then head to bed.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

(((hugs)))) to PamELa..

Good Morn, Vi's~~

So, the last I heard of the boys was @ around 5am when the dulcet tones of "Animal House" were wafting up to my bedroom and I think the "Toga! Toga! Toga!" woke me up. Ah, to be young. The boys are are all asleep right now in various uncomfortable-looking positions all over the family room, w/ soda cans & half-eaten pizza everywhere... DD said it best, "That room is trashed!" I snapped a couple pics that will probably rear their ugly heads in their senior-year yearbook! I am nothing if not sneaky!! heh heh heh.

Good luck w/that elephant, Judy... are YOU "someone"??

((Pam))

Good Morning, Violets..

On my way to church and nope, that "someone" isn't me considering I'm the wife of the former pastor who is now elevated to sainthood compared to the "new guy". I have to admit though, Bob deserves every accolade he gets. He really, really is one amazing pastor. And that's not just my humble opinion!!

Everyone have a great day. Make good choices. Tomorrow is a whole brand new week.

(((hugs))) Pam...

Susie, I haven't hopped in shower yet, but will. I came home and basically went to bed!! So now I am finished reading and will hop in shower soon!!

I hope Pamela is doing okay! I have been thinking about her a lot! Wouldn't it be great if we could just pop over and give her a hug!! Sometimes hugs are nice and in need!! I hope you can feel the group hug Pamela!!

Okay I am off to hit the shower! Everyone have a great day and be safe driving!!!!!!!

Ok, Just talked to Janie and we are both about ready to leave. We'll let you all know when we get back home.

Everyone behave while we are gone.

Hugs to my Pammy.

Morning everyone!!! I just wanted to share one of my pride and joy's with you all this morning...the other will be coming later once he comes home from his other grandma's!!!

Isn't he just precious??? LOL :)

IMG_2112.jpg

Morning Violets~

Thanks again...I am feeling a lot of love and strength when I look at the beautiful plant!

Here is the update:

Kathy (step mom) is w/ Kristen (step sister) and they are trying to find a place to hold the "Celebration of Life" next Saturday. She would really like to have it next sat, instead of waiting until the following Sat. W/ the holiday and all, it is still up in the air. She will know for sure if she can get the place she wants for next week on Monday @ 8 when they open. So, until we know, I will go to work tomorrow and kind of get my ducks in a row. Being a teacher, you kind of just don't "escape" w/o making sure your class is covered. Actually, the day my mom died, I woke up (after 3 hours of sleep) found she had passed away, walked out of the house and put my plans on my desk, came home (mind you I live 1 mile from work) and THEN called 911!

So...there it is. I woke up this morning at 5:30 and burst into tears because he is still dead. Just need time and closure.

He was creamated and this summer we will all sail to Rubekon Bay (Tahoe) and spread his ashes. I am sure I will be up there helping Kathy in spring or summer too. I know she wants to sell the house (it is REALLY REALLY HUGE), and she is all alone now. She wants something smaller. Then we might take the headstone to North Carolina next summer to put it w/ grandma and grandpa. There is an entire Historical Society thing w/ our family. My great great grandfather fought in the Civil War w/ Col. Wallace! If you google my last name and look in South Carolina...there is an entire county named after us. ANYWHO...that is my story.

I'll keep you posted! Gotta go plan what to wear (and what will fit) to the Celebration...what a

f*^king great way to spend a morning! Sorry...that is just how it is!