Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

TracyinKS-I felt that way once too. You know why I felt like I was getting fat again...because I was. Now I am 206 again wishing someone would have protected me from myself. You however, can still get it under control before you are right back here @ 206 with me. This is something I DO NOT want your company in, OK?

Good afternoon, Vi's~~

What a fun meeting -- not really! 50 principles & 50 PTA presidents in a 3-hr meeting about Family Involvement... I believe the phrase is "preaching to the choir". & no one told me that there is NO parking... so I walk in late during the Superintendent's speech... lovely.

Now I have to work!

TracyK... I didn't get an e-mail... who did you send it to?? You don't look fat in that funny picture (we Vi's are even in the potty together!)... but if you are FEELING fat, then DO SOMETHING about it... no to whatever Nog is being offered, etc... because there's no excuse... you KNOW what to do, & HOW, & have the support you need (VI's)... and you know that you CAN do it! & eating well & exercising WILL make you feel better AND will help you w/your stress, etc... oh dear, now I'm doing it... "preaching to the choir!"... YOU, m'dear, are the expert!! You're the one who brought all of us together!

"Make tasty choices!" mmmmm... me like! Of course Pam'd take it that way! lol!!!

Ok, I've got to get to work... it's just avoidance now!

I have a question for you ladies....Can you throw up? I know thats a weird question, but yesterday I got this stomach bug, my entire family did, they were all puken except me. All I could do was dry heave.

Then a few months ago, hubby and I went to Nashville and I had too much to drink, i'm a light weight. Anyhow, I got really sick, but I couldn't throw up, all I could do was lay my poor little head over a trash can all night and dry heave. It was not pretty. lol.

Just wondering if you guys have experienced this. Since being banded, I cannot throw up, no matter what. I'm not complaining, just curious as to why I can't?

Sunshine. I can't answer your question as I have never thrown up the whole time I have had my band. I've had a quesy tummy at times but never need to throw up.

Went to work this morning than over to the car dealership. Not good news. They charged me $90. to tell me that they couldn't pinpoint the problem, just that there is a large fuel pressure going on and it could be a list of a dozen things causing it. So they want to eliminate it by process starting with the cheapest. $320.00 to change the sensor and see if that is what is cuasing the problem. If not than it might be the fuel pump, if not than it might be a wiring harness. Whooly Crap. I need to go get a job. It's an "04" and has only 45,000 miles on it.

Jane, I can meet you the 23rd if you want. Just let me know what time and we can meet at the same place as before.

TracyKS, you up to go with me to Columbia??????

I'm not doing to good on my food choices today. Sucks to be stressed. I have been very very good on my Water. Up to 80 ounces already. :laugh:

Have a great day.

NO go on the Columbia ... kid weekend for me.

and you guys are so funny! thanks for the kudo's, but I AM getting fatter...... I've got to stop it NOW....

Tonya: I am the queen of PB (not the same as puking as you know) but I will tell you...... if I have anything in my tummy and then I pb on something stupid like bread..... it will come up ....... up from the BOTTOM part of my tummy and it HURTS LIKE THE DICKENS.....

Thanks Trace........ I know you are right....... I've got to get on the scale tomorrow, and I've GOT to stay away from the crap.

Do happy pills make you gain weight?

I'm HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Was a good, safe busy trip. But I cannot tell you how totally HAPPY I am about being home.

I have to read and catch up with all of you. Rick is off today, and we must grocery shop, and unpack. I might not get it all done today, but wanted to tell you all how much I missed you! I could not pick up a signal at the only supposed hot spot we went to----and my Aunt has her computer in her bedroom, so I felt like I shouldn't try to use it. Will be so glad to get back to my support group, I bet I gained 10 pounds when I was hoping to lose while I was there---it did NOT happen. And part of it was my own doing, will explain that mind game later!

Hope everyone is ok, I prayed hard for all of you! Jane you were in my thoughts every single day----hope things are ok with you. TracyK---you and Robby too. It never ceases to amaze me how much a part of my life y'all have become.

I will scan through posts, and be able to catch up eventually!!!

We got some Christmas shopping done, and lots of farm work done, fences repaired, briar shredded, cattle sold. Had a heifer die while we were there, unsure of the cause, afraid it was a disease called black leg, so we spent an entire day giving shots....hope it is not a bad thing, so far none of the others appear to be problematic.

Rode ATV's all over the place, barely kept my DH from getting skunked! I yelled and he barely changed paths and we hauled butt!!!

We were attacked by a turkey buzzard, and all kidding aside, his wing span was wider than our van! We hit him, and did not kill him---at at least 45 mph....he was HUGE!

Let's see what else? My son is an amazing chauvenist----Rick is going to do his best to talk some sense into the idiot before he ruins his marriage. Now granted his wife is quite immature, and selfish---they both are selfish. Being in such close quarters with all of them has shown some serious cracks in the marriage. Which I hate, but, they just don't seem to have "it". If there was 1 piece of cake left, they would both want it for themselves, not only not thinking of pleasing one another with it, but neither of them thinking of giving it to the child. VERY upsetting and sad. Rick is really depressed by how he saw things. Now our son busted his butt working, and he always does, and he is giving of his time and work for everyone, except his wife.....oh well, not something I can fix.

OK--gonna go unload the van....Rick is doing it without me! Will check in later-------missed you all so much!!!

Kat

Tracy, You can bring Robby. I was thinking of him last night and remembering you imitating him from when I took him down to brush creek. About him NOT falling in. Too funny.

If not, we will miss you.

Welcome home Kat...we missed you!

Sunshine-I found out the hard way that if the right combo of alcohol is consumed, puking can occur easily even with a band :laugh:

Just ask my fellow violets :thumbup: Not really my proudest moment! lol

Sunshine, I can't throw up either. Only dry heave like you. A couple of weeks ago I also had too much to drink and I dry heaved all night. I would have felt so much better if I had just thrown up and gotten it over with but I couldn't. Ever since I got the band I've never been able to...

Suzie - WOW and 04 and it's only got 45000 miles on it and already giving you trouble? That sucks... Mine is an 05 and it's got about 80000 miles on it and it's beginning to give me some problems. Hope you figure out what's wrong with it before throwing too much money at it...

Good afternoon, Violets..

I'm back from my PMS luncheon. They had homemade vegetable minestrone Soup and I couldn't get it to go down, so I just sipped on the broth part of it. Of course the chocolate mousse went down slick as a whistle! We watched the movie How To Make An American Quilt... I enjoyed that.

Now I'm home making soup for supper before I head to bell choir and then singing rehearsal.

Jane.. the nail stuff was in my mailbox today even though there was no mail delivery.. kewl!! Thank you so much!!! Do I put it on under nail polish or should I not use nail polish for awhile??

TracyinKS... haven't received the email yet... I keep checking! And you do NOT look the least bit fat in that picture. Your perception of yourself is vastly different than what we all see. That doesn't mean you shouldn't make good choices though!!! (this coming from someone who had a cup of chocolate mousse today!)

Haydee.. you need to have a sign with you that you can whip out and show when the camera turns on you....... HI VIOLETS... LOOK AT ME!!!!:thumbup::tt2::w00t:

Kat... great to have you back home finally! We've all really missed you!!

TracyK... sorry I missed the high point of your puking at the get together.. :laugh: I much prefered munching on M&M's in the pool with you!

Sunshine.. be glad you can't throw up. It's a no no when you have a band. I was debating about getting a flu shot and then thought, I better cause I don't want to get sick and worry about throwing up. PB's I do a lot lately it seems, but that's different. Nothing comes up except the food that won't go down.

Gotta go check email and get the soup simmering for supper. Will check back later...

Hah hah I forget about Tracy getting sick till you bring it up, ohh yah. I guess I was a lil tipsy.

But Sunshine to answer your question-- most the time if I have to actually throw up (from a bug) I can only dry heave, and it's miserable. It's hard to get vomit to come back UP through the band for me, and I feel it pulling my band during the heaves. I got food poisoning on our honeymoon and I thought for sure I ripped my band out from the dry heaving. I had them do a fluro to check it shortly after our honeymoon and it was fine thank goodness. I would eventually get a LITTLE bit of liquid to come up, but it was mostly very painful jerks in my stomach. I swear by Emetrol though, I keep a liquid bottle of it next to my toilet just for anytime I get nausea. I take a swig even if I haven't thrown up yet, to keep it at bay and it works wonders.

Yeah, my surgeon told me to call his office pronto if I ever throw up w/the band... I haven't yet, thank goodness... but it can cause a slip... don't know about dry heaves, tho...