Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Try and stay focused, PamELa... Kat went on a trip for 10 days. hmmmmmm seems like 10 days should be over already. Sooooooo WHERE IS KAT???? (see, I said it nicely)

Busy drumming up business at work, but just had to say a co-worker of mine came in to see me today, he said his wife is FIVE MONTHS PREGNANT and they just found out this week--because she felt it kicking. I've heard about this kind of thing, but wow. She is due April 3rd, and my co-worker is just glowing lol. She has been on b/c this whole time though, which would make me nervous. Plus no Vitamins and blah blah, I'd prolly be freaking out, but I am just amazed they didn't know this whole time. He said last night it kicks so hard HE could feel it. Now I'm just jealous, *I* don't even feel my baby yet :eek:

Tracy: you are cracking me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura: I never really felt Robby kick....... but in the last few months he would Roll...... and it was THE WIERDEST feeling!

I am on my second glass of water.......... but sadly I did have a peanut cluster..... ok I had TWO!

I have an appointment with DS, MD on Monday and the school psyc and I have been going back and forth via email all day. She is going to put together his latest IEP, and make some observations of impulsivity this week along with some other info from the Special Ed teacher .. a nice tidy little packet to give the doc......

I'm feeling a little better about it.

Ummmmmmmm how could she be 5 months pregnant and due in April?? Kris is 5 and a half months along and due in February. And she just started to feel the baby kick the last few weeks. Up until then it was just a little flutter.

Macy would rolllll too. And when I say roll...I mean ROLLLL. My whole stomach looked like an alien was about to burst out of there. The bigger she got, the more miserable I was when she would ROLLLLL. lol I miss that alot!! :eek:

Frank would watch and be like OMIGOD!!!!!

Laura-you are so tall that your baby has alot of playground. Don't fret little mama, you will feel HER moving soon :eek:

Yeah she's been on birth control. He didn't say 5 months, I just calculated/rounded. I am 16 weeks/4 months and she is due 3 weeks before me, so that's about 5 months. She is 19 weeks, so that's 1 week shy.

They do all the dating based on the 40 week thing, not sure if that makes a difference in what you're calculating (this stuff makes my head hurt reading the books/websites/doc advice based on 'timeline').

He said they were cuddling last night and he felt it kicking him. I was shocked, I figured that's like at 7-8 months.. But if I could just feel it move, I'd be thrilled. I bought a heart doppler, not sure if I mentioned that? Almost every night I find the heartbeat and listen to it till it slowly moves away..so I know it's moving because I'll hear it loud and clear, then it gets quieter and quieter, and if I move the wand I find it again.. so it's running from the wand!

Laura..

Kris is 24 weeks along now and "dragon" is moving around quite a bit. But it's only been in the past two weeks or so that she's really felt movement and kicking. I know it wasn't at 19 weeks that she started to feel kicking. Not to worry... your time will come. Feeling that baby move and kick is the most wonderful feeling. Enjoy it while you can. I truly miss it, though I get a hint of it when I get gas..:eek:

I'm back from my rehearsal and going to watch some tv before I hit the hot tub. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well!!

Oh I wanted opinions on this, I decided not to do the triple test, where they check for genetic/birth disorders..

I figure either it's bad enough they won't survive, thus it wouldn't survive to term anyway... or, if it's something like down's, it's not going to change what we 'do', it would just inform us.. BUT they have the false positives, and follow up would be 2 hours away for amniotic testing which is dangerous to baby, then it could end up bring wrong all along, causing a lot of undue stress during this time. It really made me scared thinking of it, so I opted out. They told me I can call and schedule it if I change my mind, but I don't plan to. Any thoughts on this? Did any of you do it?

My mom was told I had spinal ambifida, they wanted to abort. My mom is anti-abortion, so she refused.. ended up it was FALSE. I guess that's what really was my deciding factor.

Good evening!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!

Tracyks, all I can say is hugs and prayers and hugs and prayers and....

Suzie, I think I can make it the 23rd of November, you check on that date and I will check on my end for sure also.

Judy, question, when you do your journal are you a day behind? In other words do you write about what happened today, tomorrow morning? I am really interested. Tracyk and I are diet buddies!!!! We are not really sure what to do, so help!!!

Terry, LOVE the impluse necklace. I am so glad I don't wear necklaces!! I would be in trouble!!!

Thanks everyone again for seeing me through a very terrible time!!!

Hey Ladies~

In the interest of full disclosure...pizza and Dairy Queen...I suck! and I think Judy texted me w/ "make good choices" @ 5:30am... I guess I made shitty choices about good food.

Laura~

Dont get it done. It is not like you are high risk or anything. If you were in your 40's or were on crack (i don't know) it would be one thing. You are not gonna change anything. You and Russ are young, healthy, and will be fine. Say a few prayers...eat your veggies, take your Vitamins and leave it in God's hands. I know I am not a mom...but for some reason when I read your post, I was yelling NOOOO in my head! God will bless you and your family!! xooxoxxo

BTW...DQ is closed:thumbdown:

NOOOOOOOOO, do not take the test. There are too many false positives. Ethan's was positive for Down and we worried for weeks before we found out it was wrong. DIL was positive for her first and it was wrong too. Kris is not having it done either for exactly the same reasons you said, Laura.