Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning violets-

I really do not like when dh is on nights over the weekend. It is so difficult to try to keep the house quiet while he sleeps during the day. Our backyrd is off limits because it is right by our bedroom, therefore, too noisy. He doesn't complain about noise because he is such a sweetheart but I just know I would sleep better if it is quiet, so I know he would too.

Scale bounced up 2....still no TOM so I am sure that is why I bounced up. :blink:

Pamela-anything fun planned for the rest of the weekend? Don't seehow you could do anything more exciting than madonna :)

Judy-here's to not barfing at your friends house!:)

Jenn-how are you? what ever happened with your tom issue?

Jane-busy today @ work? Wish you could come do my hair!

Suzie-have they found anyone to hire yet at our job?

Michelle-how do you handle your holidays? Do you have them at your house or go somewhere?

TracyinKS-have you scheduled another boobie appt? They only have one machine for real? The place I go to has about 10 of them!:ohmy:

Laura-whats little mama up to? Congrats on staying on 229. That is awesome REALLY!

Haydee-was it cold this morning or what! Does someone have a wedding planned this weekend. If so, it will be perfect weather.

Have a great day everyone.

Make good choices.

Hello! I am really busy today, just like yesterday and thursday! I went to work and the only ones that asked me about the trial were my two customers I told. The people I work with didn't ask. That is amazing to me. I really didn't want it to get it so nobody (hopefully) knows.

I haven't checked in a few days, busy and depressed. Last night I came home and got in bed and read and watched tv. Although I was tired, it was really nice to do that!!!

Off to hop in shower!!

Sorry about the mamogram Tracy!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Just back from my support group meeting. We were down in numbers... only7 this time, but one of the guys that came is 75!! and just had his surgery in January. He's down 75# and said he feels terrific. My friend Kathy, who had the surgery Oct. 7, is down 22# and another lady who had it Oct. 8 is down 25#. They were all really excited, so even though there were only a few of us there, we all had good things to Celebrate.< /span>

I came home and was on the phone for an hour and a half with one of my former colleagues. She was telling me what life in the kindergarten classroom is like now in my former school. I'm telling ya, I'm glad I'm retired!! She was complaining about all the paper work and not enough time to teach the kids. She says she gets to school at 7:30, leaves at 5:00 and comes back once or twice a week in the evenings just to get caught up. There's no way I could do that. I'm happy with my retired life.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm off to read my tabloids and go to a play this evening with a few friends.

Hi friends...just a quick check in. Looks like it has been pretty quiet in here today. Hope everyone is having fun. :blink:

Quick story....

We were watching Titanic. At the end when Jack died of frostbite the boat came along to find survivors screaming "is anyone alive out there". Rose hears them and she tearfully has to 'let Jack go'. OK, here was the conversation at my house during that scene:

Macy: "mom, whats wrong with that guy?"

Me: "he's frozen like a popsicle cause it's so cold"

Macy: "oh. What's wrong with that lady?"

Me: "she is sad because he is frozen like a popsicle"

The movie: is anyone alive out there!!!!

Macy: (very matter-of-fact) "well, she is gonna have to go without him"

Now that just cracked me up for some reason....

Laura-kids can be so funny! You are in for so much fun!

Edited by TracyK

DH is Jewish (altho not practicing, & not even "serious"... as a child they had Xmas trees!) so usually we have Thanksgiving w/his side of the family (either at his folks, or here, or at his bro's house, we rotate in a freestyle sort of way... this year it's here @ my house).

We have Christmas w/my family (my mom & two sisters & their families + 6 kids)... a bigger group... but fun. Of course, everyone gets along, so sometimes his folks may come down for Christmas @ my sister's, or my sis & BIL & mom might come here for T'giving if it's my year.

A few years ago my immediate family (dd, ds, dh & I) took T'giving "off" and went to the Hershey Lodge in PA and ate at their T'giving buffet & swam & ordered pizza to our room & ate chocolate & went to the amusement park... that was a fun year! We should do that again...

Evening Violets! Today was a great day...my best friend had her baby boy today...Mikhail was 8 lbs 4 oz...here's a picture.

IMG_2055.jpg

Also, not sure if I mentioned that my younger daughter, Shannyne and her fiancee' Jon, decided on a date - June 6, 2009 they're getting married. We actually bought her dress and all of the accessories (shoes, slip, bra, tiara and veil)today. Here's a picture (good thing her boyfriend doesn't get on here!)

IMG_2037.jpgIMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

And here's just some random pics of the boys...current pics. They're getting so big!! Just wanted to share!! :(

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

Good morning, Violets.

Up and attem early today for church. The play we went to last night, Pajama Game, put on by community actors, was soooooooo long and the lead actor's voice was soooooooo off the notes, I alternated from gritting my teeth to laughing. The rest of the cast was really good and had some good voices. Why they chose him, I'll never know.

Denise... the dress is lovely and the babies sure are growing. Thanks for sharing.

Off to take my shower and get dressed. Everyone have a relaxing Sunday.

Good morning violets-

Just sitting here having my first of a few cups of coffee :)

Got lots & lots of things on my mind lately. It is so hard to believe that the holidays are drawing near. Unblievable! We are going to get a real tree this year. I have not had a real tree in probably 15-20 years. (back when Laura was a little girl :() I am really looking forward to the smell of a real tree. I know there are a couple of places in the Houston area that have tree farms and they cater to the 'family tree cutting' experience. Macy will LOVE it! Hopefully we can find a pretty tree at a decent price.

Have a fantastic day and make good choices!

Denise-the dress is beautiful and the boys are still darlings! They grow so fast, right?!

My hand is raised!!!!!!

I wanna go to Hershey Lodge for Thanksgiving!!!!

:(Nice try Janie! lol That would be suicide for me!