Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I voted this a.m., too. Had to wait only a few minutes... live in a very small town. Because DD is 10, she got to come with me & observe... a great opportunity to actually SEE our democracy in action.

I felt bad for all the old folks who were freaked out by the touch screens, tho...

And OF COURSE I also got my free "I voted" cup of coffee from SB... I heard you can get free Ben & Jerry's and also free Krispy Kremes if you vote, too!

Then I took DD clothing shopping @ the mall... always an "experience"... but we were actually more successful than usual & she made out like a bandit... $200+ of clothes for less than $100 @ JCP!

I'm doing well w/the eating today.

Laura, I looked it up and ID (photo or non-photo) is supposed to be required in Alabama. You should report it. ID required to vote in certain states - CNN.com

Call your local election official and call the Election Protection hotline at 1-866-OUR-VOTE (687-8683) to help resolve the issue for this election, and document the problem so it can be avoided in the future.

Edited by TerriDoodle

Michelle... the Bobster was telling me about the Krispy Kremes and Starbucks.. neither of which we have in our town. We'd probably get a hot chocolate and venison Jerky.

What prompted me after 6 years?? Well, let's see. Partly the $30 per time I shell out for one hour's work and partly I just miss the feel of my nails and I want them to be able to breathe for awhile. But mostly the $30 bucks!!! Bob's pension is based on the stock market and it's going to take a big hit next quarter. Plus he will be losing one of his jobs. He's done with his little church in January. My SS doesn't start til July so we'll be counting pennies for a bit.

I have NOT done well with my eating today. So far I have had

1 cup chocolate milk (lo fat)

1 small bag Cheetos

several Wint-o-green lifesavers

3/4 Mc Donald's fish sandwich

a few fries (6)

1/2 sliver of coconut cream pie (shared with Bob)

2 Cookies and 1/2 a pumpkin cream cheese muffin

They had all the sinful stuff at the headquarters where I was doing the phone calling and it was just too darn close to me!!!

But this is the only day in a long time that I have been this bad. And I won't weigh in til Sunday so I'll try and work it off before then.

My friend Kathy called and she has lost 17# in one month. She had lost more, but gained 3# while she was in the hospital. I told her that was normal with all the IV's she had, but she said, no, she ate thinking she needed to build up her strength. She's only a month out and is not supposed to be eating regular food yet so she jumped the gun. But she's doing well now and should be able to eat regular food (according to our doctor's schedule) next Tuesday. We're headed to their house after my rehearsal tonight to watch the election results.

If I call and report though, will that mean they'll say there was some fraud goin on and blah blah and our votes won't count at that station? :/

Small town or no, I certainly would report it, Laura. The rules need to be followed and obviously they weren't where you voted. I had to show a photo ID when I voted.

If I call and report though, will that mean they'll say there was some fraud goin on and blah blah and our votes won't count at that station? :/
I don't know, but I think it's your duty.....and besides, just think of ALL THE "OTHER" PEOPLE who didn't need to show ID!? LOL You might be doing us all a big fat favor!

Michelle-forgot to tell ya....congrats on the -2 !!!

Hi everyone! I am gonna just relax tonight. If I had some wine I would drink it...maybe a nerve pill and a long hot bath and some big prayers instead.

Have a great night everyone :thumbup:

I didn't have to show ID... the rule here is if you voted at the same place before you don't have to show id, but you do have to verify your address..... I pointed it out to the lady trying to find my name and she went OOPS! and covered my address with her hand while making me recite it..... I am sad...... I don't know why.. I just feel like crying......... I MUST BE PMS'ng!!!!!!!!!! GREAT

I WANT the damn Recees PB cups sitting here at my finger tips but I REFUSE to ruin today with a dang ol nasty pc of candy!!!!!!

I did have crab cakes for lunch... as my boss took me out for my work anniversary..... they were very tasty and very tender, so I was able to eat with no problem........ DH made chili, but I just don't feel like it, so I had a glass of milk instead....... I might make me a mock danish....

Have a great evening........

and thanks Tonya! I'm pretty sure its nothing......

Was talking to Russ about reporting it, etc.. and he agrees I should call, he said he didn't realize they didn't card me or he would have said something (I noticed if you used a driver's license they copied a lot of info--which took a while).. for me, they just took my registration postcard and let me through. So, guess I call tomorrow.

He and I are camped out with laptops in the living room watching to see who our next president is.

And I want to say, even if Obama wins--wish is not my wish-- I am a patriotic person, and will support him as prez :lol:

I am back from everything. I went to the sentencing phase of the trial! Like I haven't cried enough!!! OH MY GOSH!! They sentenced him to 7 years vs. 15 that they could have.

Then I went and voted, if you recall I was the SUPER SUPER crabby person at the primary who waited over an hour!! I got there at 6:30 p.m. and THERE WAS NOBODY IN LINE!!!!!!!!!!! I think God knew I needed a break!!

Then I went to the grocery store and the checker gave me $4 off my groceries!! Not that I had that much, but it was nice!!

Now I am home. I want to thank everyone for the prayers and words of encouragement. It really was the roughest thing I have ever been a part of. I even had a brain tumor and had two surgeries! That was nothing compared to this. But, I told my mom tonight as horrible as it was, I am glad it is now over. We will still have to deal with stuff as it happens, but not in a courtroom, less than 1/2 full of not so nice people.

Thanks so much again, and the phone call was great Michelle!!!!!!!

Guess I'll just have to wait till the morning to find out who our next Pres is going to be. I'm heading to bed soon.

I only had to show my voter ID card when I went to vote.

Congrats to all who made excellent choices today. Hopefully we can keep it up. If you didn't, than maybe tomorrow will be better for you.

Judy, I had my nails for about 2 years. I took them off myself. I also missed my old nails. They however took a long time to get back to normal. I still have a few problems with them getting thick. They just seem to be a little on the softer side. I do sometimes miss my acrylics.

Have a great evening.

This site is being weird tonight. I am going to bed, and hope nobody calls and wakes me in the morning. I think I am safe from the election calls.

Hope everyone has a great night and thanks once again!!