Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Obama's grandma died:frown:...that is soooo sad. Wish she could have made it one more day.

Just got back from chic-fil-a, stayin at work till 7pm to go to a movie.. Decided to go get a salad, I love their salads w/honey mustard. So I go, almost get in a wreck cause traffic is ridiculous and this old lady (I cursed her out) wouldn't move her damn car so I could finish my u-turn into the turn lane.. Then I order my salad, she repeats it back.. I ask if the dressing is in there, guy said yup. I get back to work, LOCK MY KEYS IN MY CAR (for crying out loud) and then realize he gave me RANCH. I am just livid. LIVID. Really, I am flipping out. If I hadn't locked my keys in the car, I'd go back over there to cuss the kid out. Hormonal, or I just love my food? :/ Buttermilk ranch, gross. Now what? I was really craving their salad.

Heard a wreck on the radio on the exit we take home, so I called Russell to make sure he wasn't in that wreck.. he wasn't, and at that moment I realized the dressing fiasco and was flipping out so he goes "Uhm.. ok, well, I'm ok..so I'm going to go now" heh.

Going to have to get a ride with my parents and have Russ unlock my car tomorrow. Bummer, means I have to drive in rush hour tomorrow. I haaaaaate driving in rush hour, I don't do it anymore since I ride to work with Russell. If I have to bring my car for some reason (like doc today) I find ways not to have to drive home during it.. like staying at work till I go to the movie. Wah. Mom said it's the bovine syndrome (that I think she made up about pregnant women).

Obama's grandma died:frown:...that is soooo sad. Wish she could have made it one more day.

I heard about it. It is sad. I am glad that he took time to go see her.

Ok girls........... on top of it all.......... I think I have a hernia! Anyone have experience in this and what do I do for the PAIN?????

Left Side, level with port but about 4 finger widths away from it and about 3 finger widths above my belly button...... if I push through my belly fat I can feel a knot that HURTS....... it got worse when I took of my tight pants........ anyone? anyone? Denise our RN are you reading?

If this is not better I'm going to call my band doc tomorrow and see what I should do.......

Maybe its just stress........ now I feel like a hypochondriac!

TracyinKS - Hmmm...I had a small hernia once, about the size of a quarter but it just went away, I guess. But you're right that you prolly need to get it checked out. Did you google it to see what you could find out?

Laura - l loved the youtube vid. He makes some very interesting points! Refreshing, too. Sorry you had such a crappy day...sounds like some of mine sometimes. I remember when I was about as pregnant as you are now, with my first, I had a new car-- 5 days old to be exact. I was going to wash it in the driveway then head out to do some shopping. My DH needed to back his car out a bit so I could get out of the garage, so I hop in my car, and I'm watching him back out of my review mirror while I am also backing out and all of a sudden i hear this CCCRRRRRUUUUUNNNNNCCCCHHHHH. I had forgotten to close my freakin' door and it got caught on the frame of the freakin' garage and just about ripped the freakin' door OFF!!! OMG!!! I cried for hours...inconsolable. My (now ex-)DH was so sweet. He couldn't yell at me 'cause I already felt soooooo bad! What a dumbass move that was.

Laura - you're a moderator now? More power to ya!! You go!

Well just got back home and the jury found my cousin guilty of 1st degree manslaughter. I can not believe it. I can't hardly bear it. My family has been close to my aunt and my cousin since my cousin was 5 weeks old. His father died of leukemia then and they moved back to St. Louis. My aunt then remarried and had another daughter. I felt so sorry for my aunt. Oh my gosh!!! She just sobbed and sobbed. Tomorrow is the sentencing phase of the trial. I believe impact statements will be made, then the jury will come up with a sentence for my cousin. I can't tell you how terrible for all involved parties this has been. I came home and thought some of my friends would have called to see how things have been. No That made me mad. Sometimes it sucks to be single. I need a hug, but most of all I find that I need my friends that I have (non violets because you guys have been a great support by your encouragement) to understand that I don't have a husband or significant other to help console me. They have to fill in. Maybe I am being selfish, but I feel so bad right now.

Jane

Morning girls

i am so late - going o dry my hair and vote on my way to work

Tracyks - I'm sure it was weight loss... changes... you will be ok, MUAH

anyway, i'm all screwed up and i think this is really it with kev, although i think I knew that in July and that is why I've been so out of control. Keep me in your thoughts, it is going to be a rough week - that is all i can say without writing a book

love ya all

((((jane)))) I sure wish we were all closer to you!

Good morning everyone! Not too much time to post. Lots to do today.

Good Morning, Violets.

Today will be a day to remember in history no matter which way the vote turns out.

Jenn.. you are always in our thoughts.

Jane...special thoughts and prayers for you today.

I am totally booked for today starting at 8 and going til late tonight watching election results with friends.

Everyone have a great day.. remember to vote!!

Jane, I'm sending all of my purple power to you and your family. What a awful experience for any one to go thru. Just always remember that any of us are just a phone call away if you need to talk. Even if I'm at work I can still talk. Hugs to you honey.

I'll be leaving in abut an hour to go vote. So glad this will all be over with in the next 24 hours.

I was wondering this morning if any of you who had the books you were all talking about that dealt with the issue of "Fighting the Band". I'm trying very hard to understand why this is such an issue with me. I can't figure out why I fight it all the time. Most time it wins but why do I keep pushing it. You would think that when it starts to tell me that I'm full and can't take anymore my head still thinks it is ok to put it in there. I was just wondering if any of the books you have talk about this and what do they have you do to help overcome it.

Working a double shift today. Boss has to take her daughter to the dentist, so I'm gonna go in and finish her shift. Than I'm off to go meet some friends for lunch.

I hope Kat is doing ok and having a good time.

Hello to Judy, Pam, TracyK, TracyKS, Jenn, Michelle, Denise, Haydee, Terry, Jane, Laura, Kat and all of our lurkers.

Have a great day and make good choices.

Don't forget it's CTCD.

HAPPY END OF THE SHITTY COMMERCIALS DAY!!! I guess there is some election thingy going on...somebody is running for something??? I am just glad the Christmas commercials will be starting tomorrow!:tongue::w00t::tongue:

Jane~ Honey...we are here for you now and always. YOU ARE NOT ALONE...we are just a tad bit far away. Perhaps you and Susie can plan a weekend again. There is sooo much love and purple power/prayers for you from the Violets! Don't forget it!

Feeling a bit sick. Susanne is sick and I picked something up too. 'Cept I gotta work today, and then getting the "do" done!

Love you guys!

xoxoxo

The lines were not long at all, but by the time we left they were growing. My duty is done. Now to wait for the results.

PamELa.. have a good day. I'm sure I'll be texting you tonight.. lol

Guess I'll do some laundry while I wait to go make phone calls at noon.

I'll keep this open and check back every now and then.

((JANIE!!)) I am so so sorry for you and your family... what a tragedy... I wish I could actually DO something for you dear heart... all my best wishes and calming vibes coming your way!!!

Pam... So funny that you said that about the Xmas commercials... I saw 2 last night!! Ack! :tongue:

Laura... yeah, I had a couple of whacky melt-downs when I was pregnant... 14 years later, I can laugh & laugh about them (1 was in the drive thru lane @ the bank & they closed the lane before my turn, altho I'd been in the line for like 20+ mins... wow did I flip out!!)... still makes me chuckle even as I'm typing it! It'll be ok... I promise!

TracyKS... I've never had a hernia so I'm no help... Google it! Your body is really manifesting all your stress, huh?!

Suzie... What a good friend & worker you are!

Judy... Looks to me as if you have a "Michelle"-level busy day!! Yikes!!

Hi Terri, TracyK, Jenn, Haydee, Kat!

Ok -- my strange "confession" for the day. I weighed myself this morning. I couldn't stand not knowing how awful it was going to be, so I screwed up my courage and stepped on. The LED read-out blinked a bit (think "Biggest Loser")... then settled on ... are you ready for this? ...

237.2!

WTF??? An actual loss???

HOW IN THE EVER LOVIN' WORLD IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE??

In the past couple weeks I have been eating EVERYTHING in SIGHT -- & LOTS of it!! TONS of candy & Cookies & pumpkin crunch cake... pizza... DQ... I have NOT exercised in a MONTH!

I guessed I'd be @ 250 or so... but down??? I cannot comprehend this.

So then I think 2 different thoughts: "Well, this must be working so I'll just keep doing it!" -- HA HA HA HA HA! and also "Wow, if only I'd kept w/the good choices & exercise, think how much closer to goal I'd be." Which is the truer of the two.

Ultimately, after my shower meditation time, I realized that this is a gift that I should squander and that I'm able to start at the start again and should seriously just START again... act like I'm just beginning... that 237 is my highest ever and I want to lose... and go back to the better choices and behaviors, because I know I can do them AND that they make me feel soooooo much better (because even if I haven't actually added lbs, I FEEL TERRIBLE... all bloaty & achy and lethargic and blah...).

So there it is. True confessions.

Oh, & I'm going to "do a Judy" and not weigh for a week now. A much more reasonable expanse of time, I think. Enough to lose a few, but not so much that I lose all accountability & think "I've got time to undo those fries."

Make it a great day, Vi's!