Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Shake your booty, girl!! You look great!! Amazing difference, and your face... you don't look like the same person!

You look great! Fabulous!

I wish that I could lose a little faster. It's so maddening to have my body completely used to what I am doing and eating.

It gets depressing thinking that the last 10 will never come off. I am happy that i have lost, but I want to be successful at getting to my goal.

Janet,

You look great!! Not only are your posts inspirational to all of us, now we have pix to go with them. Thanks for sharing!! - Marlena

You look great! Fabulous!

I wish that I could lose a little faster. It's so maddening to have my body completely used to what I am doing and eating.

It gets depressing thinking that the last 10 will never come off. I am happy that i have lost, but I want to be successful at getting to my goal.

Denise - I am waiting for the weight to stop coming off - I can understand about the last 10 lbs.. You will get there - look how far you have come...

I know it's hard - but you will do it....

Janet,

You look great!! Not only are your posts inspirational to all of us, now we have pix to go with them. Thanks for sharing!! - Marlena

Thanks Marlena... I can't express how much better I feel - I can dance again - I am happy ....

Janet, you look wonderful. Go Girl. I bet you are a dancing fool. Well I had my surgery on the 24th. Today is my first day back to work. Feeling much better than I did last week. Still on my 2 week Optifast diet. Get to change to muchies on Thursday. At this point mash potatoes sounds so good. Go back to the doctor for check up Wednesday. I am still sore around the port area.

Janet, you look wonderful. Go Girl. I bet you are a dancing fool. Well I had my surgery on the 24th. Today is my first day back to work. Feeling much better than I did last week. Still on my 2 week Optifast diet. Get to change to muchies on Thursday. At this point mash potatoes sounds so good. Go back to the doctor for check up Wednesday. I am still sore around the port area.

Thanks Di - Yes I love to dance and if I do say so not too bad either - got a complement once "that they never saw a white girl dance - Your port site is going to hurt the longest - but like having a baby I don't really remember now how long - 2 -4 weeks not real pain just soreness. Thankfully i was on full liquids for the 10 days after surgery which included creamed Soups - Yes mashed potatoes were my first mushie food - make with 100% skim milk to get the protien up and just a little butter and salt and pepper -heaven.. Each day does get better - glad you are doing good..

Glad you said something about the 100% skim milk. Love to recieve your advise. I need to start my walking, but I still feel a pulling in my tummy when I walk. But each day gets better.

Janet!!! You look so great! 70 pounds gone & you beam with happiness & pride. Your before picture looks like how all of us feel before we get started on our journey. Thanks for posting your pictures often. It helps so many of us at our different stages.

Denise & Janet! You are both such great examples & we appreciate your sharing every detail.

I'm ready for my first fill. I'm at the point where I feel the same as I did before, but I know that really isn't true, because I'm not allowing myself to eat more than I should. But I'm ready for a little "reminder" from my band that says "don't forget me honey....I'm still here!" 1st fill is 2/15.

Thanks to everyone! Carol

Glad you said something about the 100% skim milk. Love to recieve your advise. I need to start my walking, but I still feel a pulling in my tummy when I walk. But each day gets better.

Di - I didn't even think about exercise until I went for my first post-op visit - so don't sweat it - wait til you feel well enough - start slow and each week increase your milage &/or speed - I would have to look at one of my old food diaries - too see what I started out at but like a 20 min mile in 1/2 hr...

I don't know if the using all milk and not Water (i made instant mash potatoes) was in my book or if i came up with it - but just figured if I used all milk i would get more protein... Just use your common sense - that's all I do.. YWell lunch is over back to work - till my next break

Janet!!! You look so great! 70 pounds gone & you beam with happiness & pride. Your before picture looks like how all of us feel before we get started on our journey. Thanks for posting your pictures often. It helps so many of us at our different stages.

Denise & Janet! You are both such great examples & we appreciate your sharing every detail.

I'm ready for my first fill. I'm at the point where I feel the same as I did before, but I know that really isn't true, because I'm not allowing myself to eat more than I should. But I'm ready for a little "reminder" from my band that says "don't forget me honey....I'm still here!" 1st fill is 2/15.

Thanks to everyone! Carol

Carol

I think it does help to see the progress of those who were banded before you - and if i can do it so can you and that's the truth - it takes work but it is doable work - even with restriction you gotta work the whole stupid head hunger issues - but it is attainable - you got a week to go - you can make it - just eat extra veggies when you are hungry - use i can not beleive it's not butter spray... my helpful hint for the day :lol:

I love it when before and after pics are posted--and the difference is such an inspiration! Janet, your advice is so down to earth--I hope to dance--REALLY dance --at my son's wedding.

Today I begin stage 4 of my postop diet--soft. Next week will finally begin regular foods. First fill is 1/22. Now, I don't feel like I have ANY restriction, but I've been sticking below 900 calories, doing the fluids and Protein. Haven't cheated, so I don't know how bread and Pasta might be--don't want to chance a band slip. But I can definitely eat way more than a cup of cream of wheat, or a combination of foods.

Another real big concern of mine is: hearing about people who have no restriction after 3 or 4 fills--monthes after their surgery!!!! So after going through an operation, you are still doing the diet thing with no help from the band!! Do most docs wait a long time between fills? I would think after 2 weeks, you would know if you had restriction or not. Anyone ever ask their doc? This really worries me. I lost about 11 lbs before surgery, but am worried about temptation getting to me if I have to wait that long for the band to do its thing.

Hey Carol in Arizona, looks like we're keeping pace!! Can't wait to hear about your fill!!

Gee--I just got a call from Jack Nicholson asking me to vote for Hillary Clinton!! I didn't hang up because I love his voice.

Well, onward on to Super Tuesday, Bandsters!!

Carol in CT

do you refer to 50 age or 50 pounds? ty

Hi Everybody. I'm not at goal weight, but I do want to buy some clothes. BUT....I go in the stores, and I'm amazed how cute I thinks ome things are on me...and then I realize...I DON'T KNOW WHAT AGE I AM. Am I trying on things that should only be worn by a teenager??? I went into Forever 21 and actually adored myself in a babydoll top and leggings. Oy. What am I supposed to wear at my age???? Any suggestions. I'd like to be mildly stylish but not look like an idiot.

I love it when before and after pics are posted--and the difference is such an inspiration! Janet, your advice is so down to earth--I hope to dance--REALLY dance --at my son's wedding.

Today I begin stage 4 of my postop diet--soft. Next week will finally begin regular foods. First fill is 1/22. Now, I don't feel like I have ANY restriction, but I've been sticking below 900 calories, doing the fluids and Protein. Haven't cheated, so I don't know how bread and Pasta might be--don't want to chance a band slip. But I can definitely eat way more than a cup of cream of wheat, or a combination of foods.

Another real big concern of mine is: hearing about people who have no restriction after 3 or 4 fills--monthes after their surgery!!!! So after going through an operation, you are still doing the diet thing with no help from the band!! Do most docs wait a long time between fills? I would think after 2 weeks, you would know if you had restriction or not. Anyone ever ask their doc? This really worries me. I lost about 11 lbs before surgery, but am worried about temptation getting to me if I have to wait that long for the band to do its thing.

Gee--I just got a call from Jack Nicholson asking me to vote for Hillary Clinton!! I didn't hang up because I love his voice.

Well, onward on to Super Tuesday, Bandsters!!

Carol in CT

Carol - Yes you will dance (really dance) at your Son's wedding - as to fills - each doc is different just like everything else - my 1st fill i felt immediately and it was good for about 3 weeks - called and moved my appointment up - that fill took about 2 weeks to fully settle and was good - I got another fill in Janurary too tight - had almost all taken out but .02 cc - I am perfect now.

Your fills will depend on your doc - ask him - If 2 weeks after your fill you aren't feeling it - call your doc and make another appointment. I ate more than the one cup food too - but mostly only veggies at night - during the day at work I can over look my hungry - I bring my lunch and only eat that - but dinner at home is diff - If I was still hungry - I would eat extra veggies not extra rice or protein - just veggies...

Ty - this is 50 yrs + thread

Hi Everybody. I'm not at goal weight, but I do want to buy some clothes. BUT....I go in the stores, and I'm amazed how cute I thinks ome things are on me...and then I realize...I DON'T KNOW WHAT AGE I AM. Am I trying on things that should only be worn by a teenager??? I went into Forever 21 and actually adored myself in a babydoll top and leggings. Oy. What am I supposed to wear at my age???? Any suggestions. I'd like to be mildly stylish but not look like an idiot.

Besty

It's hard for us - do you watch What Not To Wear - friday nites on TLC - I LOVE THIS SHOW I WANT TO BE ON IT... This is where I get all my fashion advice and More magazine - I think it all depends on how it makes you look and how short the top is - women over 35 no more miniskirts and it depend on where you are wearing the outfit - it's hard to tell - I like to have that put together look - I have very classic style (i think). Google fashion for 50 yrs old and see what you come up with - do you have a friend (someone like me who is very honesty:tongue:) who would tell you if the outfit looked good or not..

Well gotta get to work - ck back later....

Looked at your profile and noticed you are a retired nurse. Me, too. When was your surgery? Your ticker isn't showing up in your signature. There is a tutorial somewhere, but I can never find it. But if you "copy" the bbc code and then "Paste" it in to your signature, it should show up. Welcome to our site!