Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I am originally from Lawng Island...now in Vegas!!

Down yet another 2.2 lbs!!! Total now of 54.4 lbs!!! Gooooooooo Looosssiiieee!!!!

Fran

xo

AWSOME weight loss! You go girl!:thumbdown::thumbup::wink2:

Charlene, I know you are near Houston - I hope you are out of harm's way from Gustav. We have a friend in Tyler who told DH last night they were expecting a lot of rain, at the very least. Seems to me you are quite a bit closer to the action than Tyler. Please stay safe.

Charlene, I know you are near Houston - I hope you are out of harm's way from Gustav. We have a friend in Tyler who told DH last night they were expecting a lot of rain, at the very least. Seems to me you are quite a bit closer to the action than Tyler. Please stay safe.

Your so thoughtful. Is is sunny and breezy. We should get rain starting tomorrow. I guess I will have to eat all that tuna I bought for the storm. I need to.....kinda got off track today. I have absolutely no restriction. My next fill is Sept 8th.

Hi everyone tonight (Monday). I have been off for a few days because my computer was whacked out. Now I have it fixed and can post again. I read the last five pages to get caught up. On the bread issue, i have not eaten alot of bread and I did get a few stuck feelings but nothing really serious. I don't seem to have problems with anything even if I don't chew well. I have a problem with slowing down. Anyway my next appt is Sept 16. I think I can eat too much but don't really know for sure. I hope to get a second fill then but we will see. I continue on with walking and selecting my food carefully. Anyway, sounds like you girls are all doing okay so I will sign off for tonight. talk with you all later.:thumbup::tt2:

Beckyo

Hi everyone

Well I think I have passed over the hump, so to speak. My surgery was one week ago Monday and I don' t even feel like I had surgery I think the tiredness is starting to pass - even cooked dinner for my husband yesterday! Trying to keep that walking up - not a 2-3 mile type stuff but just walking around the house yard, a few festivals,football game, etc. It all helped with the back pain which turned out to be the gas everyone was talking about and now it's gone too.

I have found the Avitar site and created it but I don't know how to get it here. Can someone tell me how to set it up so that I can now get into the game. Oh and since I have been home I have lost 11 pounds! Is that normal. I wans't expecting weight loss but I guess when you are living on Water, broth, etc!

Thanks

Sandi

Hello Everybody,

I haven't posted in a while but I have been reading the boards every day. My surgery date is coming up soon, Sept. 29th. I was wondering if any of you have tried the products from the website "Susan Marie Bariatric Eating". I've ordered a couple items from them including a Vitamin that is recommended for lap band patients. Just curious. I'm trying to be prepared. Thanks for any advice.:tt2:

Boy, are you lucky! I got on my scales this morning and it said I gained 5 lbs. Boy, was I upset. But I talked with my nutrishinist (?) this morning after getting over the shock and she told me that more than likely I am retaining some Water because my water pill has been cut in half by my DR and also, after evaluating my eating habits, I have not been getting enough Protein. I didn't know that if you didnt get enough protein that water leaves your cells and makes you swell and retain water. (I think that's basiclly how she explained it). I sure hope she's right. Anyway, getting my act together, gonna eat more protein, drink lots of water and PRAY!!!!!!! Maybe next week will be better.

Caelyn, I have not tried any products for that site, but I do use Vitamins and whey shake mix from GNC and am very happy with it. Good luck with your surgery.... You will not regret it.

I have only tried Healthwise, Unjury and GNC products for Protein Powder supplements. I just looked online under Protein supplements and went from there. Everything seems to be a personal preference as to taste, texture and cost!!

I have the Atkin morning bars for Breakfast quite often, and enjoy most of the south Beach Diet products. The frozen meals give high protein and low calorie content and taste fairly good. And the quantity is small do it makes it easy to complete the whole meal..

Hello Everybody,

I haven't posted in a while but I have been reading the boards every day. My surgery date is coming up soon, Sept. 29th. I was wondering if any of you have tried the products from the website "Susan Marie Bariatric Eating". I've ordered a couple items from them including a Vitamin that is recommended for lap band patients. Just curious. I'm trying to be prepared. Thanks for any advice.:tt2:

I've not heard of that site. But have checked out Bariatricadvantage.com and celebratevitamins.com (I think that's it) but as of yet haven't ordered anything, been just using Centrum chewables for 50+.

I just got home from the gym/rec center in my development. They started a Biggest Loser competition today that will run til December. Thought it would be fun. There will be prizes weekly. the gal running it knows I've had surgery, at first I wondered if I should participate. So all's good. I should've weighed at night though my first time in heavy clothes!! LOL

What's up with scales today? Mine was up a pound as well. Could it be some of the not so good choices I made this weekend? Please tell me it isn't true! :thumbup::( I guess you play you pay, but I didn't play too hard foodwise, just made a few not as good choices as usual.

I've not heard of that site. But have checked out Bariatricadvantage.com and celebratevitamins.com (I think that's it) but as of yet haven't ordered anything, been just using Centrum chewables for 50+.

I just got home from the gym/rec center in my development. They started a Biggest Loser competition today that will run til December. Thought it would be fun. There will be prizes weekly. the gal running it knows I've had surgery, at first I wondered if I should participate. So all's good. I should've weighed at night though my first time in heavy clothes!! LOL

What's up with scales today? Mine was up a pound as well. Could it be some of the not so good choices I made this weekend? Please tell me it isn't true! :):blushing: I guess you play you pay, but I didn't play too hard foodwise, just made a few not as good choices as usual.

Biggest Loser competition sounds cool. I think you have a good shot at winning. Yeah, I made bad choices yesterday and gained a pound. So, I got out this morning and walked. I bet you cross that 60lb mile stone this week.

Biggest Loser competition sounds cool. I think you have a good shot at winning. Yeah, I made bad choices yesterday and gained a pound. So, I got out this morning and walked. I bet you cross that 60lb mile stone this week.

Well since I had to go weigh in for the Biggest Loser thing at the clubhouse. I forced myself into the gym as well and worked out for 20 min. When will I learn to love exercise? Ever???

Tonight I have my support group meeting, looking forward to that. I might bring my 'jar of weight loss'. I got this fancy looking glass jar with a lid and a bag of colored glass beads (like you put in bottoms of vases). For every .2 that I lose a bead goes in the jar. It gives me a visual of my progress. I started this presurgery when I went to WW and they weighed you to the tenth but my scale as well as the dr.'s also does so have continued it. The jar is getting close to half full and I am getting close to half way to goal. Or maybe I am, just not sure what goal will be. Right now it's set at the highest number to give me a normal BMI but I see many posts of folks my height (5'9) with higher goals and right now any number below 200 sounds good! :)

Well since I had to go weigh in for the Biggest Loser thing at the clubhouse. I forced myself into the gym as well and worked out for 20 min. When will I learn to love exercise? Ever???

Tonight I have my support group meeting, looking forward to that. I might bring my 'jar of weight loss'. I got this fancy looking glass jar with a lid and a bag of colored glass beads (like you put in bottoms of vases). For every .2 that I lose a bead goes in the jar. It gives me a visual of my progress. I started this presurgery when I went to WW and they weighed you to the tenth but my scale as well as the dr.'s also does so have continued it. The jar is getting close to half full and I am getting close to half way to goal. Or maybe I am, just not sure what goal will be. Right now it's set at the highest number to give me a normal BMI but I see many posts of folks my height (5'9) with higher goals and right now any number below 200 sounds good! :)

The jar thing sounds like a great idea. I am going to pass that along to the weight loss bible study I joined. I need a visuial aid too. I guess m&m's wouldn't be good to use.:blushing::lol::biggrin: WAY