Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

ChristyC:

I did the same thing, Lost easily at first and then got stuck and stopped dropping. I got my first fill and not much difference, then the 2nd fill was like "WAM" and I have done great! I also started to limit myself much more right before the fill. It is funny how easy it is to eat more than you mean to or more than you remember!

Long2bthin:

Remember, how I was before my 2nd fill. You kept reassuring me! I can't help myself, I weigh too often, but don't get discouraged! Keep up the exercise and you will be great! Maybe someday we can ride our bikes together! LOL :unsure:

jbFlorida:

Sometimes men are so transparent! Next time, just wink when they say that and then YOU find another partner! Didn't it feel good to be asked though?

Charlene:

Everytime I see you on here i think of the Cartoon strip "Cathy" her best friend was namned Charlene and I have a wonderful sister named Charlene!

Opps: better get back to students!

Greetings all.... I am bummed as I have not lost weight in four weeks. I have been faithful with sticking under 1300 calories, swimming laps 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes and just plain stuck at 271 pounds!! I had my first fill 7 days ago and nothing yet. I really don't feel much restriction, and I called and they said to come in for a second fill on Aug 4th. It is common????????

Lots of folks say they "see" me losing, but the scales sure don't show it!!

Oh well, not giving up...but sometimes I feel like I never had the surgery! :unsure:

Any suggestions??

Wow Christy! Even with the 4 weeks of inactivity, you have lost at a rate of 4.5 a week! That's pretty incredible. Maybe your body is just catching up the last few weeks. It sounds like you are doing what the other successful "losers" are doing. If others are seeing a smaller you, you could be losing inches even though the scales do not show a loss. You have a fill coming up in a couple of weeks. I'll bet by then you will be showing losses and after your fill it probably will be a lot easier for you. Hang in there

Edited by JoannMarie

I stopped by an inrewnet cafe and had to go in and read up on the pposts. 6 pages since Saturday..gee everyone has been busy.

I have read through everything

Congrats to all the new surgeries, and the weight loss and hello to all the newbies

I am enjoyong the beach. but it is a bit too hot for anything but resting on the beach and reading, the heat is unbearable to get in any kind of walking... but I am getting through my pile of books :unsure:

and I am enjoying the peace and quiet of being here by myself!!!

I can see when I get home, Saturday, I will have lots more reading to catch up on.

Thanks for being here....it is so great to have this site! I sure didn't mean to "complain" as I did lose in the beginning. I'm sure that the 2nd fill will really help. (I do have to drive 6 hr to the doc for the fill...$150 in gas) Oh well, just that much more savings on food! LOL

BTW, I use mydailyplate.com for for diary and love it. It helps me not to miss tracking a bite (hopefully) It even tracks exercise. Check it out. I cannot do without it!! Thanks again!:unsure:

Gotta

OMW no not for 5 yrs that's just plain ass stupid... Have you though about going to mexico...

Yep to have to gain 20 lbs for a short time - yes I could do it too :eek:

Indigogirl,

Sorry I misunderstood. :unsure: The fact that my insurance co. requires a FIVE- year history of BMI 40 to me is crazy especially if you have so many other co-morbidities and I've had them since I hit the 200 mark. I don't care if you have a BMI of 30! Well, all I can do is try and Phyllster is helping me tweak my letter. She's a huge help. No I haven't considered Mexico. I really am on a tight leash financially so that's out but thanks for the suggestion.

I love this site and I think all you helpful people willing to spend your time helping everyone else are great.

I do need to stop the daily weighing. It was just so much fun as it was dropping so rapidly but now it's slowed a tad. In fact today showed a gain and I was mortified. Maybe I should stick to Thursdays as that was my banding day, though my fill days seem to be Mondays, heck even twice a week would be an improvement from twice a day!

Most of us do settle down to a once a week weigh in. I weigh just about every morning with my Wii Fit, but consider my Monday weigh in my "official" weigh in.

Greetings all.... I am bummed as I have not lost weight in four weeks. I have been faithful with sticking under 1300 calories, swimming laps 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes and just plain stuck at 271 pounds!! I had my first fill 7 days ago and nothing yet. I really don't feel much restriction, and I called and they said to come in for a second fill on Aug 4th. It is common????????

Lots of folks say they "see" me losing, but the scales sure don't show it!!

Oh well, not giving up...but sometimes I feel like I never had the surgery! :blushing:Any suggestions??

I know 1300 calories is too many for me... you may have to drop that. I typically stay between 900 - 1100.

Do any of you have trouble purping? I can't purp. Is there something I can take ? Or is this part of the healing?

You might try Papaya tablets.. chewables, Rite Aid sells them under the "Pharmasure" label

Thanks for being here....it is so great to have this site! I sure didn't mean to "complain" as I did lose in the beginning. I'm sure that the 2nd fill will really help. (I do have to drive 6 hr to the doc for the fill...$150 in gas) Oh well, just that much more savings on food! LOL

BTW, I use mydailyplate.com for for diary and love it. It helps me not to miss tracking a bite (hopefully) It even tracks exercise. Check it out. I cannot do without it!! Thanks again!:unsure:

I didn't have good restriction until the 3rd fill. I just had my 5th.

HI

I was not reading posts over the weekend, and LOTS to catch up on!

After a hectic weekend of hauling hay and saddles, I am so happy! Today I have officially lost 100 pounds - since the start of my pre-band supervised diet back at the beginning of December! Yippe! That was my "mini-goal" that eluded me the last two weeks as I didn't loose weight.

AND - if that wasn't enough - I no longer have 100 pounds to loose - only 99! :-)

Sorry to rub this in to those of you who are struggling, but it WILL happen if you keep at it! I also had a fill on Friday which helped me out over the weekend, but I already feel hungry again. Doc wanted to wait 2 months for next fill...but then agreed that if I wanted to keep it tight, I could come back in a month. I have apt for 1 month! I'm afraid if I don't loose weight in summer, when the weather's bad this winter I'll never keep my activity level up to loose...can't eat much less than I already to at 1000 cals or less. Plus...Thanksgiving...Christmas and all that. Anyhow...too early to worry about winter. (Wisconsin winters are cold and long and miserable!). Gotta take the Corgiis for a walk.

Janet - did I miss how your tests turned out?

HI

I was not reading posts over the weekend, and LOTS to catch up on!

After a hectic weekend of hauling hay and saddles, I am so happy! Today I have officially lost 100 pounds - since the start of my pre-band supervised diet back at the beginning of December! Yippe! That was my "mini-goal" that eluded me the last two weeks as I didn't loose weight.

AND - if that wasn't enough - I no longer have 100 pounds to loose - only 99! :-)

Sorry to rub this in to those of you who are struggling, but it WILL happen if you keep at it! I also had a fill on Friday which helped me out over the weekend, but I already feel hungry again. Doc wanted to wait 2 months for next fill...but then agreed that if I wanted to keep it tight, I could come back in a month. I have apt for 1 month! I'm afraid if I don't loose weight in summer, when the weather's bad this winter I'll never keep my activity level up to loose...can't eat much less than I already to at 1000 cals or less. Plus...Thanksgiving...Christmas and all that. Anyhow...too early to worry about winter. (Wisconsin winters are cold and long and miserable!). Gotta take the Corgiis for a walk.

Janet - did I miss how your tests turned out?

Wow!! That is awesome, 100 lbs in 7 mos??? Wowser! Congrats!!

Where in Wisconsin are you? I'm originally from Wausau.

Hi

I'm from the Sheboygan area. Been to Wausau a couple times. That is a very pretty area, and seemed to be growing alot - last time we there they were doing road construction on the highway. We got messed up and ended up at the bottom of the ski hill!

Although I suppose since you're from Colorado now, that ski hill seems like a bunny hill??

While I was loosing weight, it seems like it came off SO slow, but now that I look back, that was pretty good I guess. Hope the next 100 comes off as fast! (But I know it probably won't!) I will have to learn patience....

Hi

I'm from the Sheboygan area. Been to Wausau a couple times. That is a very pretty area, and seemed to be growing alot - last time we there they were doing road construction on the highway. We got messed up and ended up at the bottom of the ski hill!

Although I suppose since you're from Colorado now, that ski hill seems like a bunny hill??

While I was loosing weight, it seems like it came off SO slow, but now that I look back, that was pretty good I guess. Hope the next 100 comes off as fast! (But I know it probably won't!) I will have to learn patience....

Yep that hill seems small. I remember as a kid in gradeschool going on a field trip there and hiking to the top of some observation tower and thinking I was on top of the world. Now I live higher than that and this past weekend was at the summit of an almost 12,000 ft mountain. Instead of calling it Rib Mountain in Wisconsin we resorted to calling it Rib Hill.

Am sure you will get that next 100 off in no time. You've had good practice with the first!

I was always complaining in the beginning when I went on long plateaus. It's very important during this time to not give up. Every other diet I ever went on, I ate junk because "I wasn't losing anyway so I may as well eat"

The band has made all the difference in the world. I didn't lose fast or even steady every week, but when the scale moved when I didn't expect it to, I knew the band was working. I knew my portions were so much smaller, that the scale HAD to move eventually.

Liza, congrats on losing 100 lbs that is a HUGE milestone, keep up the great work.

Liza, congrats on reaching the century mark, and so quickly, too! You give me hope that my journey may be shorter than I thought.

Do you exercise much?

Orea

I was always complaining in the beginning when I went on long plateaus. It's very important during this time to not give up. Every other diet I ever went on, I ate junk because "I wasn't losing anyway so I may as well eat"

The band has made all the difference in the world. I didn't lose fast or even steady every week, but when the scale moved when I didn't expect it to, I knew the band was working. I knew my portions were so much smaller, that the scale HAD to move eventually.

I needed to read that this morning. Now I know I am not on a real plateau, but like I said yesterday i think, I need to stop weighing daily. I was seeing losses, even if only .2 or something every day. So it got to be fun. Well the scale hasn't moved since last Friday, well it has but up almost 2 lbs. I know this doesn't make a plateau and it's the reason I need to stop. (I vow to on Thurs.) But I know I am doing everything right, I am diligent recording my food intake and exercise on the daily plate site, and it will move. It's impossible to gain 2 real pounds on what I've been eating, this heat could be causing Fluid retention. So yes this is a small whine, I just had gotten very spoiled early in this process. I will make Thurs. and Monday my weigh in days. Yes, that's 2 days a week, but it's a start!

I am getting ready to leave for my gall bladder ultrasound. I'm a little nervous, but know it's not going to hurt and I doubt I will find anything out today. It's at a different part of the hospital than I've been so hope I find it okay.