Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Thanks Cathy & Apple

Yep same clothes - here I am right now in my real gym clothes..

Apple you will be in our prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery...

Cathy congrats on the 12 lbs..

Yep your June board should be buzzing right now - I know that my July 07 board would have like 5 pages of post each day now it's slowed - we have a few regular poster but all those who posted in the beginning aren't around much anymore. I kept up with these 2 threads and still post to both ..

A few of us have this opinion that those who keep posting are the one that really stick to the bander rules - the ones who just pop in everynow and then - usually report they have been off track - so my suggestion is to keep on posting - make lbt your transfer addiction :sad:

wow! Janet the photos are a great motivator! I assume those are the same clothes!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Apples! Good luck on you surgery! You will do great! You are in my prayers!

I also have been busy posting on the Jazzy Junes thread. Like you, I always check here also, I want to keep up with everything! The support on this site is wonderful and very needed by me!

I returned to work (College Instructor) and have day and night classes for two days, so I am so ready to be home! I was banded on June 6 and moving to the mushy stage. Lost 12 lbs so far! YES!

Thanks for the words of support and encouragement, Cathy. Happy to hear you are now back and work and doing fine. I am looking forward to this time next week. I am one of those that cannot take pain meds but have a feeling I will do just fine. Came home from having hernia surgery (six inch incision) and did pretty good without meds. I have liquid Tylenol on hand (night time also).

Janet, I hope I look like you do in the gym clothes when I get my 100 off. You look fabulous!!!!. My surgery date is Wednesday. I am on a five day fast right now, started Friday and this is Monday eve. and this is the first time I can honestly say that I am hungry, but I am really hungry tonight. Phyl you look great also. Everyone is doing good. I am a little scared but I know I will do fine. I do notice that on this five day fast I am a little bored though. I have been swimming and doing much gardening but eating is a habit. Thanks for all of everyones support.

Beckyo

Janet, I hope I look like you do in the gym clothes when I get my 100 off. You look fabulous!!!!. My surgery date is Wednesday. I am on a five day fast right now, started Friday and this is Monday eve. and this is the first time I can honestly say that I am hungry, but I am really hungry tonight. Phyl you look great also. Everyone is doing good. I am a little scared but I know I will do fine. I do notice that on this five day fast I am a little bored though. I have been swimming and doing much gardening but eating is a habit. Thanks for all of everyones support.

Beckyo

Beckyo

Thanks !! You will :P

Tommorrow will be a little eaiser due to the nerves before surgery (well at least for me it was) You will be in our prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery.

Sharon

Thanks...

Janet, you look fabulous. I hate taking pictures, even with all my weight loss.

To anyone just starting out, make LBT your replacement for food. I used to spend hours and hours on here and be amazed at how much time went by without thinking about what I am going to eat next.

This is the best place to learn everything you need to know.

I have taken up the LBT bandwagon! You are right Janet and Denise, if you post a lot on here it is a diversion from eating. I have completely organized the Jazzy Junes line up and made it my job to keep it updated and even spent time searching all the post for people getting banded in June. I called it June Bug fishing! LOL Check it out, it is quite impressive http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f181/june-line-up-61688/index31.html

Thanks for all the support!

I feel the Luv! :P

I have just joined this forum and have found the over 50s site. I am being banded in Brussels on the 13th August, 53rd birthday. I live in Scotland and it quite a way to travel, but am fed up being a fatty and no clothes fitting. I am nervous as hell of thought of getting this done. I hope I will get all your support when the time comes. One question though, do I go on a pre diet before the operation. Lesley Sleigh:confused:

Hey GF you should be smiling in those GYM clothes!!! You look hot!!!

I am going to Toronto for a tiny fill tomorrow... scale has not budged below 180 and I am P!ssed.

Janet, you look fabulous. I hate taking pictures, even with all my weight loss. To anyone just starting out, make LBT your replacement for food. I used to spend hours and hours on here and be amazed at how much time went by without thinking about what I am going to eat next. This is the best place to learn everything you need to know.

Denise - I was off yesterday and playing around with the computer and here on lbt so I don't eat :tt1: - just watching t.v. is boring and makes me want to munch :tongue:

I have taken up the LBT bandwagon! You are right Janet and Denise, if you post a lot on here it is a diversion from eating. I have completely organized the Jazzy Junes line up and made it my job to keep it updated and even spent time searching all the post for people getting banded in June. I called it June Bug fishing! LOL Check it out, it is quite impressive http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f181/june-line-up-61688/index31.html

Thanks for all the support!

I feel the Luv! :smile:

Cathy - Yep stay very very active it keeps that motivation up :biggrin2:

I have just joined this forum and have found the over 50s site. I am being banded in Brussels on the 13th August, 53rd birthday. I live in Scotland and it quite a way to travel, but am fed up being a fatty and no clothes fitting. I am nervous as hell of thought of getting this done. I hope I will get all your support when the time comes. One question though, do I go on a pre diet before the operation. Lesley Sleigh:confused:

Welcome Lesley - Yep we will be here for you and totally get being fed up being a fatty..

Hey GF you should be smiling in those GYM clothes!!! You look hot!!!

I am going to Toronto for a tiny fill tomorrow... scale has not budged below 180 and I am P!ssed.

Peaches - I wasn't really in the mood for the gym yesterday :lol: but gotta go even when I'm not feeling it :thumbup:. Will go today - tomorrow and Sat that's my routine :biggrin2:

Good luck on the fill - remember good food choices:biggrin2:

Thanks for all the support! I feel the Luv! :tongue:

That's pretty impressive, Cathy!! That took a lot of work!

I'm sure they appreciate it and it keeps everyone focused.

Welcome, Lesley!

We are here for you!

Most doctors want you to lose weight prior to surgery.

Some require a one or two week diet of nothing but Protein drinks.

My doctor wasn't specific, but told me he wanted me to try to lose 10% of my body weight before surgery! That was a big order for me. I went on a very low cal self-imposed diet and did get my BMI below 60, which was another of his wishes, but didn't make the 10% goal.

They say that any weight you lose will shrink the liver and make it easier to handle during surgery as it has to be lifted out of the way.

Just popping in to say hi. I've been busy with out of town company but still doing great. I think I had my first experience with 'head hunger' on FAthers Day. We took DH out to his favorite Mexican place, I knew I'd be okay on mushies by ordering an order of Beans. Well those chips. OMG!! they looked so good. I knew they were a big no no and didn't even try a crumb, but it was the first time I've wanted something when I saw it vs what I was eating.

Janet, I posted on the mentor thread, but wanted to say here as well how great you look in your photos!!

Jazzy Junes, hi there! I do plan on making this my new addiction instead of food too!

Janet - you are my new hereo! Wow such determination. I have always feared the scale and still will not get on. It's not only harder to lose weight when you are older with slower metabolism; but also, we have tried and failed so many times over our lives that it is a mental mindset. I kind of feel like I expect defeat because of all my past experiences. LBT is a great motivator. The before & after pics make it all so real and believable. I will definately turn to this before food.< /p>

Janet - you are my new hereo! Wow such determination. I have always feared the scale and still will not get on. It's not only harder to lose weight when you are older with slower metabolism; but also, we have tried and failed so many times over our lives that it is a mental mindset. I kind of feel like I expect defeat because of all my past experiences. LBT is a great motivator. The before & after pics make it all so real and believable. I will definately turn to this before food.

Thanks fluffycat

Posititive affirmations !!!! You will do this !!! LBT my transfer addiction - I had the day off yesterday and i spent the day on the computer instead of in the fridge:lol: