Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Apples--be prepared, because this "friend" will probably drop you before you decide to do the same. You were safe when you were fat--your misery made her feel better. She can't and won't address your wonderful weight loss (good for YOU!) as she can't be happy for someone else; she is so unhappy with herself. She says she doesn't need friends? Oh my, what a wall she has built around herself and her world of denial. My suggestion is--don't get mad at her (too much of an energy waste on your part), instead, pity her, BLESS her in your thoughts, and send her on her way. At this point in life, remove the toxicity of negative people and move on!

JBFlorida...Thanks for responding. My friend and I have almost a "family" connection. Her daughter is our God Child. My relationship with this certain friend is somewhat a complicated one. I am not angry with her. I guess I am more disappointed than anything. After all the support from me through her finding that she had uncontrollable diabetes for the last 12 years, encouraging her to take care of her self (she eats and drinks alcohol and IMHO is out of control) I just wish once she could have found it in herself to make one little gesture of support.

I do realize that she must not have that within herself. All you guys are so sweet with your support of me. Just what I needed. Things will just remain the same in my relationship with my friend. I love her too much to blow her off.....I will just accept that she does not have the capability of support at this time.

Where are all our 50's friends hanging out?

Janet, I saw that you're way closer to your goal. That's so cool. How are things going with the trainer? I wish I was a good loser like you. I have been really good this week, working out and eating right and the scale is not co-operating!

Janet, I saw that you're way closer to your goal. That's so cool. How are things going with the trainer? I wish I was a good loser like you. I have been really good this week, working out and eating right and the scale is not co-operating!

Those last few pounds are being stubborn, huh?? Stick with it... they'll come off. You're so close to your goal!!! That's great!!

I have just found out that I have throat cancer. This is why I haven't been posting much.

Dear Green, I am sure everyone joins me in sending you thoughts of healing and get well wishes. Take each step that is needed to get to a complete recovery and remember, that we are all suppporting you.

God Bless.

Thanks, ladies. I have had a tracheostomy and I don't know whether this will be permanent or temporary. What it does mean, apart from lots of pain and yuckiness, is that I can no longer talk. Curiously, this doesn't seem to bother my husband....!

To tell you the truth my husband has been a real champ; he has been cooking for me, nursing me, cancelling my appointments - you name it and he is doing it.

I have just found out that I have throat cancer. This is why I haven't been posting much.
Thanks, ladies. I have had a tracheostomy and I don't know whether this will be permanent or temporary. What it does mean, apart from lots of pain and yuckiness, is that I can no longer talk. Curiously, this doesn't seem to bother my husband....!

To tell you the truth my husband has been a real champ; he has been cooking for me, nursing me, cancelling my appointments - you name it and he is doing it.

Green,

My heart sunk when I read that. I'm so sorry! Your husband has really stepped up to the plate. That's a real blessing, to have him supporting you like that. Our thoughts and prayers will certainly be with you as you go throught this treatment. Keep us posted. We missed you!!

I just recently had a problem at work with someone I thought was a friend. She is gaining most of the weight that I have lost. I only have 24 lbs left to lose. I just had a PCP Dr appt and He decreased my blood pressure meds by 1 pill. I am on top of the world.

Green

OMG I can't beleive what I am reading.. I am so sorry you have to go thru this - How are you feeling?? What are the doctors saying. I am glad that your DH is there for you - We are too.. I know I can't do much from here in the States - but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I can't beleive you still have your sense of humor - but am happy to see that you do - you are a fisty (sp?) woman - I know that you will put up a good fight and wind this battle ... (((HUGS))) Janet

((HUGS))

I just recently had a problem at work with someone I thought was a friend. She is gaining most of the weight that I have lost. I only have 24 lbs left to lose. I just had a PCP Dr appt and He decreased my blood pressure meds by 1 pill. I am on top of the world.

That's great news!! I am anxious to see my PCP when we get home and hoping for the same.... drop a BP pill & maybe one cholesterol Rx, too!! Congrats!! You're doing great!

Denise

I really don't know what to tell you - I think there is some kind of magic going on - Yes I watch what I eat and exercise (I like the trainer he is really really nice) but I gotta say I haven't suffered very much. Ya I can't eat the amounts that I was use too - and do miss eating large quanites at times and the other day was my GS bday and after 1 1/2 cup cakes - I had to bag them up in ziplocks and say here put these in your room - they are calling my name. - I feel very lucky - I know that when I first started this whole thing - I was very concerned if I wasn't going to be able to lose the weight as I did medifast for 1 week in my and only lost like 2 lbs... I was starving on that crap. I wish I could give you some of my motabolism (sp)- I know what a struggle getting your weight off has been...

Where is Michelle - she hasn't posted here in ages or BJean either or NMsunshine...

Well need to get moving - so will ck back later --- Hows the daughter and future grandbaby - do we know if it's a boy or a girl yet??

Green, I am so sorry to hear about this! I am going to keep you in my prayers. You ARE fisty and at least if you can't talk, you can type and talk to us. I really can't even believe you are telling us this. (((Green)))

I heard NW sunshine is posting in the 60's thread. I have been wondering about her, since she was having trouble with her last fill. I thought she was too tight, but she wanted to stick in out.

My grand baby is a baby boy. My girl friends had a shower for me today.I was totally shocked. They invited me to lunch and the table was covered with gifts for the baby. I was going to be strong and I said no dessert for me. They insisted I have dessert because they wanted to buy it for me. I can't win. It has taken me all week to lose what I gained from last week's shower. It seems like all I have to do is look at bad foods and I gain 3-5 lbs.:):):thumbdown:

Crap, green, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

I have two friends who, in the last few years, were diagnosed with throat cancer and are now cancer free and doing well. They both look back and refer to that "crazy year" when they underwent treatment. I'm anticipating this will be a crazy year for you that you'll be able to look back on and be glad it's over.

You have all my best wishes and positive thoughts.