Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Walmart has them too. I like them cause it's a pill I don't have to worry about swallowing and hope doesn't get stuck.

Walmart has them too. I like them cause it's a pill I don't have to worry about swallowing and hope doesn't get stuck.

The stuff I get is Spring Valley and it's B-Complex +B-12 sublingual, but it's a liquid. You let it sit there under your tongue for 30 seconds and then you can swallow it. The bottle I have now is from Wal-Mart but I've bought it at Target, too, and I think it's the same brand name there. I just can't get those B-Complex capsules down and if I do, they keep repeating on me and make me sick to my stomach. I much prefer this sublingual liquid.

I can't remember what brand mine is. It's a little pill and it melts under my tongue.

I'm a bit concerned. I'm due to be banded in a week. I was told that the band will be Inamed. I'm reading on this board that Inamed is the old kind of band and the new, more successful band is AG. I am having my band done at a "Center of Excellence," here in MA, where I live. I'm self pay. I only want to do this once -- any advice? Anyone know anything about brands of bands and which ones work best?

I think Inamed and Allergan are the same thing. One bought out the other. I wouldn't worry, your surgeon is probably using the most up to date band.

OK here goes - so a few problems - number one is when I got my last fill I was sure that was "the one" - now two weeks later I feel as though I may not be tight enough once again - anyone else feel fine for a while then feel like you need to tighten again? Second - bathroom blues- don't seem to go - soory - yucky question- tried exlas and no success - any tricks for me

banded November 1 2007 NYU Dr Fielding - love them all there- lost @ 32-33 lbs so far

thanks aka Lillian

I have been adding one teaspoon of benefiber twice a day. I add it to my bottle of Water. Can't taste it. I'm trying one teaspoon twice a day and I'll adjust as needed, but I do see an improvement.

Bonnie, I was banded on Nov. 30th. My band is Inamed also. Inamed has new bands also. The big difference is the inner part of the band where the normal saline is put to make the stoma smaller. It now covers the area where the buckle is and has a more consistent amount of pressure on the stoma. I am very pleased with mine. My dr. said he had only started to use the newer Inamed bands in April 2007. I am not saying the older bands made by Inamed were not good only saying these are supposed to be more effective. I have lost 26 pounds in 8 weeks. I have had two fills.

I would just try to trust your physician and his choice. Good luck on your soon to be banding and welcome to the losers bench. We will save you a spot. Brenda

Does the B 12 that melts in your mouth taste bad?

Crazy Cat, I use the same exact B complex as Phyllser. I get mine at Wal-mart and it taste good to me. I could tell a difference in my energy once I started using it. Brenda

I have the Inamed new AP Small band. So far so good. The interior of the band has "Cushions" that inflate instead of one continuous band.

Janet,

What form is the B-12? I looked online at GNC but they didn't have chewables. If yours are tablets or capsules, do you have trouble swallowing them?

I am feeling more energy each month but might add the B-12 complex.

Marlena

Marlena - How you doing !!! Havent seen you on line lately..

The B complex + b-12 is liquid - you put it under your tongue for 30 sec and swallow

This is truly a LIFETIME LIFESTYLE CHANGE

75% of the work is up to you and 25% is the band once you have proper restriction.

Tough love is what we all need some of -- I don't mind it at all and in fact, I welcome it! So thank you, IndioGirl!

I'm getting banded a week from tomorrow, on 2/4. I'm going to need a lot of support from all you guys, because I've always failed at weight loss before and I will not allow myself to fail at it again.

Just so you know, I'm a big exerciser. Until I gained all my weight (roughly 7 years ago), I excercised in a big way for 25 years or more (I'm 54). I just started exercising again, but I need to take it easy because of recent knee surgery that hasn't quite healed yet.

My problem is Portion Control and cravings. I can do without sweets, but I have terrible carb cravings and I have it in my head that I haven't really eaten and am not really full until I have my carbs (ie: rice, Pasta, potato, etc.). I am hoping that the band will help me with this addiction of mine by not making the carbs go down with ease and also, by restricing my portions. I plan to do my part and work on the mental side of things. I don't expect the band to do it all.

Keep the tough love coming. I think it's what we all need -- from all you bandsters out there who have been successful and who are happy and proud of what you've accomplished!

bonnie