Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Joann, WOW, that quilt is breathtaking. I wish I had seen it at the quilt show, but I didn't start going till 2003. Now I want to see the baby quilt. Please post a picture when you finish it.

Joann, those quilts are gorgeous. You are really talented.

Katy, best of luck on Monday .I will keep you in my prayers.

I can't remember if you told us if you will have to try to keep the weight off on your own, or did this surgeon tell you that you could get a new band some day?

100 POUNDS GONE TODAY!!!!!:cursing::thumbup::)

Congrats Oreo!! That is a fabulous accomplishment!! Hats are off to you today>>:)

Oh PJ - that must have been so hard on your mother AND you to be so far away. I just got off the phone with DD (37 minutes!) - we are able to talk every day as long as we want. She has Vonage and pays $25 a month - has a number local to our area, so all our calls are local calls. It has been a real blessing! They will keep the Vonage when they return to the States, so calls will remain local for us, though we don't yet know where they will be posted. Many military families are doing that now. Skype with the webcam has been great, too. Our grandson knows who we are, shows us his trucks and cars - and everything else in the toybox. At least he will know us when we see him.

Charlene, I don't have my quilts on a website. I do have some pictures and will post them here. For about three years I had a long-arm quilting machine and quilted for other people. It was a big mistake for me. That whole three years I hardly had time to work on anything for ME. I feel like they were lost years - worked on LOTS of quilts, but they all went home with somebody else... I am back to doing my own thing, and feeling well enough to be in the studio on a fairly steady basis now. I like to do art quilts and wallhangings, but still make traditional quilts for my family. I'll find a few pics tonight... I found some, but will have to look for one of my favorites - my firefighter quilt I made for my son. I'll look. Meanwhile, here are a few...

Oh these are georgeous, thanks for sharing the pictures. I am a quilter too, but I think yours are a little more advanced than the ones I have done... I'll post a couple of mine here too for others to see.

post-220921-13813138206321_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138206557_thumb.jpg

post-220921-13813138206808_thumb.jpg

23_32_7.gif

Oh these are georgeous, thanks for sharing the pictures. I am a quilter too, but I think yours are a little more advanced than the ones I have done... I'll post a couple of mine here too for others to see.

Peaches, you are looking good! .......and I love your quilts too!

ALL the quilts are WONDERFUL!! So impressive!!

You ladies are SO talented!

OK...speaking of talents...let's get to know each other a little better. Everyone name what YOUR talent is...

ok...speaking of talents...let's get to know each other a little better. Everyone name what your talent is...

and don't be shy!!!!!!!!

I thank everyone for your nice comments. Flagstone Path has been in a couple of national shows and won a blue ribbon at the MO State Fair. Rainforest also won a blue ribbon at the state fair. I found the pictures of my firefighter quilt made for my son. It was made in early 2002 and the background is based on my memories and impressions of 9/11. There is an angel quilted into the left shoulder of the firefighter. DS has been a firefighter since he was 18 and still in high school. He was made battallion chief in his dept a week after 9/11 - working with training and all the homeland security changes. He is now deputy chief in a large neighboring fire district. He will be 40 next week and looks 25. The quilt is posted in this note. "Guardians ~ Call to Duty" has been in the IQA show at Houston 2002, AQS show in Paducah 2003, and several other large shows. It won 3rd place at Quilting on the Waterfront in Duluth, MN in 2003. It hangs in DS's office at the fire department now, right where it belongs.

Absolutely fabulous JoannMarie. Wow you sure must have a lot of patience. Fantastic.

I used to sew for private people and for boutiques, never, never, again. When I called it quits, I didn't look at my machines again for 2 full years.

Honestly I have no talent unless you count diagramming sentences. I can't draw, sew etc. People say I am easy to talk to and should have been a shrink, but I hated school.

Joann, those quilts are gorgeous. You are really talented.

Katy, best of luck on Monday .I will keep you in my prayers.

I can't remember if you told us if you will have to try to keep the weight off on your own, or did this surgeon tell you that you could get a new band some day?

Hi Oregondaisy,

Thank you so much. The new surgeon said that if it is safe and the stomach is ok, then he will put a new band in (glutton for punishment I am) but he doesn't think that will be the case and has warned me that I will put weight back on. Just have to get through Monday first.

Best wishes.

Hi Peaches9,

Don't sell yourself short, those quilts are gorgeous. Great photo of yourself too.

Best wishes.

I hope you will be able to post here again quickly. We will all be worried about you!