Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much is anyone else eating?

I was banded on 10/16 and i have had two fills of 1/2 cc each. I have a 10cc band. I am noticing that I am eating more and i am feeling hungry more. I go for a fill on 1/9/08. Is there anyone out there that is close to where i am fill amount wise and if so about what do you eat and how much?? I am concerned that i am able to eat to much. I am not PB'ing or anything. I eat a small salad and two tbls of green Beans, 2-3 oz of meat for a mea. and this seems like alot to me!:omg:

Wow, 1 cc (total of both your fills) doesn't seem like much at all. I have a 10 cc band and have had two fills and have 5 cc's in mine and know I need more (fill again next Tuesday). Are you losing with what you are eating? My surgeon says that my total meal should be about 1 cup of food - doesn't sound like you are eating much more than that. Good luck with your fill on the 9th!!

Robin

Thank You Very Much Rkj123, I Live About 3 Hours Away From My Doctor In An Area Where There Isn't Any Experianced Dr.'s With The Band So He Is Being Very Conservative, Wished Sometimes That He Wasn't!!! I Am Probably Eating Closer To 1- 1/2 Cups At Least, It Is All Healthy And I Am Staying Below My Calories Of 1100/day But I Am Just Wearing Thin On Willpower!!! Thank You For You Information It Helps Me To Get Through The Discouragement Days.

Everyone is different', so you really can't judge by others what you should be feeling like.

I have been very slow with my fills and am almost at my goal weight. Most people that I know of with the 4cc band have over 2cc in thiers. I am only at 1.7.

Go with your hunger, scale and Dr to judge. Really you know for sure if your eating to much. I judge myself by pizza! If I can eat an entire slice and then 2/3 of a second slice it is time for a fill.

I was banded 10/9/07 with a 10 cc. band and also have had two fills, totalling 1.5 cc. I know we have a lot longer to go with our fills...

But I restrict myself to 1/4 cup oatmeal for Breakfast, 1/2 can of tuna for lunch, and then 1/2 cup of whatever for dinner. I DO have a Protein shake mid-morning and mid-evening (just about the time I'm starting to get hungry again) and generally Tomato juice or sugar free fat free pudding in the afternoon (with unflavored Protein added).

I really find once I have the Protein Shake, I am totally satisfied for a long time.

I don't go for another fill until February 1st--hopefully you'll get 1 cc on Wednesday! :)

I was banded on 10/25/07 and had one fill so far on 12/5/07 (3cc's in a 10cc band). Had some slight restriction after first fill but now hardly feel anything. I have to watch everything I eat, could eat more if I let the old habits kick in. Going for my second fill next week 1/16/08, hopefully this will provide some restriction.

I have lost a total of 60lbs and am very happy with that, I did not gain over the holidays but I want to use this tool for what it was meant to do.

Hang in there, I'm sure the sweet spot will be there eventually.

Hi, I wanted to tell you that I was banded July 07, I have a wonderful Dr. here in Houston, but he is very conservative and doesn't want me to get sick so I've had only two fills and have really never felt completely restricted like you all are talking about. I had an appointment in February, but have changed it to Friday because I've gained 2-3 lbs. and I was almost to my first goal the last time I saw him. He told me at that time I didn't need a fill because I was loosing weight at that time. I've lost 30 lbs. since my surgery and lots of inches but feel that I've not lost as much as I could have by this point. But, I will tell you, I've had a very positive experience and love my Dr. he is great.... I can only hope that everyone who has this has the kind of care that I receive from him and his staff.