Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb bandsters

Congrats!! I get banded Feb 14th (Valentine's day) lol

Hey Nikki, I am also getting banded on Valentine's Day. "Last meal" before I start pre-op diet is on February 2. :eek:

I'm February 6th!! We all have to keep up with each other guys!!! We are gonna be band buddies!! With our dates so close!! But BTW are you guys eating everything now. Do you feel like you are going over board ??? Just a tad now like well I'll be banded soon anyway I might as well eat it ... Or let me hurry and eat it now cause I won't be able to soon... Lemme know how your eating habits are post band. Have you started to practice your chewing ... and or putting your fork down in between bites. The excessive chewing is very hard for me.

I've been eating normally. I do think of eating things I won't be able to later. I try to eat in little bites and chew a lot, but then I figure I'll have to do it later so I stop. I'm eating a lot of steak because that is my favorite food and I know I won't have it for a long time, if ever.

Good luck to you.

I'm February 6th!! We all have to keep up with each other guys!!! We are gonna be band buddies!! With our dates so close!! But BTW are you guys eating everything now. Do you feel like you are going over board ??? Just a tad now like well I'll be banded soon anyway I might as well eat it ... Or let me hurry and eat it now cause I won't be able to soon... Lemme know how your eating habits are post band. Have you started to practice your chewing ... and or putting your fork down in between bites. The excessive chewing is very hard for me.

I am Feb. 6th too!! I am watching what I eat. I am not eating all day if I know we are going out to eat at one of my fave resturants. I sure will miss the Chinese buffets :cry Yummy.............But, it is for the best. I had my last buffet on Sat. I am chewing more. it hurts my jaw. I am not used to that yet. Let me know how ya'll do. :)

I am Feb. 6th too!! I am watching what I eat. I am not eating all day if I know we are going out to eat at one of my fave resturants. I sure will miss the Chinese buffets :cry Yummy.............But, it is for the best. I had my last buffet on Sat. I am chewing more. it hurts my jaw. I am not used to that yet. Let me know how ya'll do. :)

I'm going through the last minute syndrome as well. I have been eating like mad, but I have been keeping away from those salty chips... That was my number one enemy too. It has also kept me from gaining like I don't know what either.

I would like to say one thing though about the chewing. It does get monotenous, and it does end up hurting your jaws, but try to remember we will be eating FAR less than what we are used to. I don't think it will be that bad.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely doing the "Farewell to Food" tour as I heard someone else call it. I was afraid I wouldn't get approved because I had gained 2.4 pounds in six months. It was a miracle that it wasn't FIFTY!

I noticed your age and felt akin. I am 61 and waiting for the insurance approval but my go for it on our own $. I will have about 100 pounds to lose. Good luck to you. God speed your recovery and lease on a new life.

February 7th!!.. I start my shakes this Thursday(24th). I just had my last BIG meal!..

I had:

spinach and artichoke dip w/ crusty bread as an appetizer

Marinated Sirloin w/ a fully loaded bake potato

and a coke w/a straw (stopped using straws in Dec to get used to not using one)

The only thing I didn't do was get a dessert.. oh well maybe I'll have a scope of ice cream before I go to bed.. uhmmm.. no wonder I need this surgery.

good luck to everyone!!

hi im in south fl im scheduled for feb 28 with dr kirshenbaum so excited iv been eating everything in my path ....i have a lower bmi and i was so nervous about this i actually lost some weight ...