Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a rollercoaster I've had

Having been diagnosed with MS on 9th November, I have had many ups and downs for the last 2 months. Anyway to give you an outline/timeline

May time, had back pain/arm pain, trips to physio and accupuncture and 4 weekls later gone....

August, symptoms return and get worse and worse, niggly back pain in shoulderblade region to the left and raditing down arm which is very very painful, having to hand my arm to my side to try to relieve the pain and no matter where I put it it still hurt, of course I thought some of the pain was to do with the op post Sept 26th. Saw physio once a week and accu once aweek. Went to hydrotherapy, hot room, sauna, spa in an attemp to relieve the pain.

late Oct, finally had enough and went to see doc(friday), he referred me for bone scan and CT scan, had CT scan monday and bone scan Friday, both test picked up results next day and both normal, bugger bugger bugger. Funny how you wish for something to be wrong just so you can have an answer to your problem.

Back to doc on Monday who at least did not stand on his laurels and brush me off (even though he is at lest 70ohmy.gif), said next step is MRI but needs a neuro to refer. OK I rang the specilist and no appts for at least 6 weeks. Well it just so happens that I work at the hospital in the cardiology dept alongside neuro dept and had a quiet word with receptionist who had a quiet word with neuro (tues) and he agreed to refer me without consultthumbsup.gif. Wasnt in till Thurs so in I went and thanked him big time for doing this and how frustrated I was and mentioned that my left side of my face was numbish. Oh he said that isnt right and off he popped to the MRI dept and organised a MRI for Tues for methumbsup.gif and free too..... chuffed to pieces off home I went and shock of shock overnight my feet went numb and going to work the next day I fell up the steps. Panicking I was whisked to A&E under same neuro and one brain scan/upper spine scan it was diagnosed. 5 days in hospital on IV steriods and 6 weeks of oral steriods later (and no weight gainthumbsup.gif) the pain in my arm and back is back, it took 4 painkillers to even stop the pain this morning and they are the ones with codine, 2 neuro plus and 2 paracetamol codenine.

I cant fault my treatment, from doc to diagnosis 10 days including all tests and results. Had a full spine MRI 2 weeks later which showed 5 leisions on the spine from top to bottom.

I am so over the pain.sad.gifsad.gif I popped into see neuro (perk of working next door) and he said that my upper leison was extremly large and could take a few months to get over.

So at the moment my band has taken a bit of a back seat, I had a fill about 5 weeks ago and explained the situ to the doc and we decided a very conservative fill was needed because of the need to take vast amonts of pills and I was worried they would get stuck. We both decided that weight loss was not a big issue and being on seriods and such wouldnt help. Anyway went for another fill today and woohoo lost 1.5 kg which isnt a lot but great as far as i'm concerned and we did another conservative one today too. The scales have been going in the right direction anyway albeit slowly. Total loss todate is now 12.5 kg about 28lbs.

If you hear a rattling noise its just me popping more pills.

Jo

joho, my heart goes out to you. My pastor has MS and he has had such a hard time with this. There are days he can't even get out of bed. He is about your age too. He resigned his position at church last Sunday because he feels he can't fulfill his duties anymore. The IV steroids really set him back each time he has to go on them. I really do feel for you and I know it must be so hard for you to deal with all the pains that come with MS and try to focus on losing weight.

You really have had a roller coaster of a ride and my thought and prayers are with you. I hope things get better for you and you feel better soon. I'm sending out prayers for you. ((HUGS))

Oh, I wanted to tell you that you are doing great with the weight loss. You sound like such a trooper and to have lost 28 lbs with all you've been through is amazing. You should really be proud of yourself for all your hard work.