Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so its been a year that I have had the band and I have only lost 60lbs. I know that by know it should have been at least 100lbs. But from the beginning I had an issue w/ my protien so of course my hair started falling and I was just lazy and not working out not eating right but now I'm like I spent all that money so I better get started on my life change. So now that I just went on and on I need to know whick protien drink is good. Please let me know what works.:help:

There are so many threads on this subject and I usually put my "two cents worth" in on every one, so here goes for you, Jocelin:

Try whey Protein isolate because it is pure and mixes up with a spoon or a shaker. (Do not get whey protein concentrate--unless you want to be bothered with a blender--it is also filled with lactose as a filler and I am lactose intolerant :nervous )

My absolute all-time favorite flavors are belgian chocolate and chocolate malt, which I buy from Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, books, DVDs & more (and I make sure I get free shipping too)--they honestly taste GREAT in Water, so less calories--but you could mix them in skim milk.

Another website a lot of people use is Welcome to the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Homepage -- they even have chicken broth flavored Protein, as well as unflavored (to add to puddings/jellos/mashed potatoes, etc), vanilla, and chocolate and they offer a box of sample packets to try (at a price natch)

Keep trying all of the different flavors (if you check Amazon.com you will find every flavor in the world!) until you find one that's right for you. It really is almost impossible for us to get our 60 - 80 grams of protein only from our food and you've already experienced a side effect of the lack of protein.

You are certainly on the right road, now that you've made your decision to do what's right for your body. Good luck to you... :)

Sorry, I only mentioned the powdered protein--you can buy the shakes in a can which generally have the same number of Proteins (20-24) as the powder--but you give up taste for convenience!

Slim Fast Lo Carb (NOT Ultima) shakes aren't too bad but I did find a canned shake at Amazon.com called "Zoic", which has 100 calories to 180 in a can of Slim Fast and it also has less carbs, much less fat, and more protein--but the taste is thinner, if you know what I mean!

And that's all I'm going to say about canned shakes--convenience in a can... :biggrin1: