Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally my fill date approaches

Finally, I get my FIRST fill on Tuesday and I am a nervous wreck. Why, I can't quite tell...although I am hoping all will go well. It's been a long time coming since I was banded with many of you on 11/1/07.

I am however looking forward to getting weighed because I know my doc's scale always gives a number less than the one I have at home.

Wish me luck...

Good luck with your fill! That was a strange sensation feeling the saline gurgling through the tube. LOL Hope they give you a good one. Good luck with your weigh-in, too. I don't like my surgeon's scale...it's usually 3 lbs or higher from what I show at home.

My surgeons scale weighs me 6 pounds heavier than my scale at home and I have a proffesional scale...LOL They have this huge scale I feel like a dog being weighed at the vet....because it is on the floor and you step up onto it and then it is digital on the wall.

I feel for you all, I have not lost 1 pound since Dec 27 and that is 10 days and I am keeping my food in check and excersising like mad....it is very frustrating.

I am still not hungry between meals unless I go longer than 6 hours and then I get a hungry feeling.

I wish the scale would move so I do not feel like a failure....I do not see my surgeon til the 7th of February.

My surgeons scale weighs me 6 pounds heavier than my scale at home and I have a proffesional scale...LOL They have this huge scale I feel like a dog being weighed at the vet....because it is on the floor and you step up onto it and then it is digital on the wall.

I feel for you all, I have not lost 1 pound since Dec 27 and that is 10 days and I am keeping my food in check and excersising like mad....it is very frustrating.

I am still not hungry between meals unless I go longer than 6 hours and then I get a hungry feeling.

I wish the scale would move so I do not feel like a failure....I do not see my surgeon til the 7th of February.

LOL! They have the same type of scale at my Dr's office, too. I didn't even think about it like that. Now I'll chuckle every time they weigh me. haha

Before you know it, you'll have a WHOOSH and lose. I remember when I used to be on a low carb forum that what's happening to you happened to a lot of people. Not necessarily a true plateau, more like your body adjusting to the changes. Then one morning you'll wake up and BAM, two more lbs gone. We used to call that the Whoosh Fairy. :P It'll happen before you know it - don't get discouraged.

Finally, I get my FIRST fill on Tuesday and I am a nervous wreck. Why, I can't quite tell...although I am hoping all will go well. It's been a long time coming since I was banded with many of you on 11/1/07.

I am however looking forward to getting weighed because I know my doc's scale always gives a number less than the one I have at home.

Wish me luck...

Solaa-

I had my first fill on 1/3/08 and I was banded on 11/6/07. Don't be nervous you will do fine. Mine was a piece of cake and I didn't even feel anything as it was so quick. You will do just great. Best Wishes!

Cindy

Wish me luck...

Good Luck to you tomorrow on your fill..:whoo:

I too am having my FIRST fill tomorrow at 9:00am and I am scared :phanvanabout it....

Don't know why I was so nervous. it was done and over with in like 3 minutes. it didn't hurt, just had a small weird fluttering feeling. He said he put in 3cc. now I am on liquids for 3 days.

Longhorn, thanks for asking how it went...

The fill itself was easy and had no issues. The nurse put in 4cc's and made me do a mini crunch before she started so she could locate the port. She gave me a shot that numbed the area and before I knew it, I was done.

I have always known my doctor is very conservative, I just didn't know how much until this visit. It has been 8 weeks since surgery and he is making me wait another eight weeks (March 4th) before my second fill. He says that since I don't have that much to lose (started out needing to lose 100lbs-now 75lbs) he wants to make sure I am losing about 1-2lbs a weeks so my skin can stretch back without any problems and also so I can maintain my weight at goal long term. After he explained this, I didn't feel so bad that my fills were so far apart.

What thrilled me about the whole visit was that both he and the nurse could tell in my face that the weight is coming off and assured me that I should rely more on the way my clothes fit rather than what the scale reads...of course, I know all this, but it's just nice to hear the experts voice their opinions.

Longhorn, thanks for asking how it went...

The fill itself was easy and had no issues. The nurse put in 4cc's and made me do a mini crunch before she started so she could locate the port. She gave me a shot that numbed the area and before I knew it, I was done.

I have always known my doctor is very conservative, I just didn't know how much until this visit. It has been 8 weeks since surgery and he is making me wait another eight weeks (March 4th) before my second fill. He says that since I don't have that much to lose (started out needing to lose 100lbs-now 75lbs) he wants to make sure I am losing about 1-2lbs a weeks so my skin can stretch back without any problems and also so I can maintain my weight at goal long term. After he explained this, I didn't feel so bad that my fills were so far apart.

What thrilled me about the whole visit was that both he and the nurse could tell in my face that the weight is coming off and assured me that I should rely more on the way my clothes fit rather than what the scale reads...of course, I know all this, but it's just nice to hear the experts voice their opinions.

Your first fill sounds exactly like mine! I'm glad everything went well. I take it yours was also not with fluoro? I know some people swear by it and wouldn't get a fill without it. I think we all tend to prefer what we're used to, especially if we haven't had any problems.

I'll see my doctor once a month from now on but he said we'll decide together if I need another fill, depending on my weight loss and level of hunger. I expect I'll get one next week, though. I've lost a couple of pounds in the last month but not even a pound a week. I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks for sharing your experience! :D

Why is that if Doctors think you shouldn't worry about the number on the scale, the first thing they do is weigh you when you come to the office?

And why figure out our BMI and a goal weight, if the numbers don't matter?

Yeah ok, because the number does count!

Why is that if Doctors think you shouldn't worry about the number on the scale, the first thing they do is weigh you when you come to the office?

And why figure out our BMI and a goal weight, if the numbers don't matter?

Yeah ok, because the number does count!

I think there's a difference between "worrying" about the number on the scale and monitoring it! People post on here daily, if not hourly, :), about being up a pound or no loss or down only a pound or even HALF a pound. I read about people saying they are going to "demand" a fill because they haven't lost according to some arbitrary schedule (let's face it -- it's never fast enough!) I've read about people complaining who lost *only* 15 pounds a month for the last three months!

The fact is, what we're doing now is NOT temporary. To me, the goals are, first, to heal; second, to practice new eating behaviors; third, to learn to deal with any emotional or physical issues that come with this new lifestyle; fourth, to eventually lose weight; and fifth, to keep it off and learn to deal with any setbacks. But a lot of people only seem to focus on #4, losing weight. And if we don't also do #1, 2, 3, and 5, we're not going to be successful.

Just my two cents. :girl_hug:

Longhorn you never fail to bring me back to reality...EVERYTHING that you said is the truth.....I know it and I know that my 31 pounds is an amazing amount of weight in a very short time, it is just that it teases you, this band, it helps you practically drop this is no time and now it is just hanging around......frustrating is all!!

I know that the habits and food choices and ATTITUDE is ultimately the most important aspect of all of this!!

Thanks for giving me that push that I needed to hear....I will stop worrying about my 14 days without the scale moving....LOL

Hugz,