Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEW! 2008 Shrinkin' Vi's Trip Planning Thread!!

Terry-------I only have one question......

Can we go tomorrow????

It is so cold and yucky here I am game to go anywhere!! But I really don't want to cancel!!

Even if I could arrange this to coordinate with our Spring trip to TX---I am then in the Abilene area, so a long ways off! But might be worth me looking into...

Kat

Judy--I will be the same way....3-4 hours to the airport---then the flight. Which is why I keep saying someplace close to the airport!!!

Kat

Terry, - your idea sounds great. Toobing is so much fun! We do it every summer. I'd be happy to pickup/drop off and drive everyone around during the course of your stay. I would absolutely insist on paying more for my room since I wouldn't have the airfare expese to contend with.

I'm up to anything and I'm sure whatever we decide to do we'll all have alot of fun. We're all laid back and un-opinionated, right? :tt1:

Terry, - your idea sounds great. Toobing is so much fun! We do it every summer. I'd be happy to pickup/drop off and drive everyone around during the course of your stay. I would absolutely insist on paying more for my room since I wouldn't have the airfare expese to contend with.

I'm up to anything and I'm sure whatever we decide to do we'll all have alot of fun. We're all laid back and un-opinionated, right? :tt1:

Haydee - Have you ever been to Gruene? How familiar with San Antonio are you? Do ya'll usually go toobin' in New Braunfels or where?

So if we do that.. and if 'toobin' is the same as tubing? Meaning floating in a tube down a lazy river, OR tied behind a boat goin fast wee.. I love both of those. If that's not what it is, please explain!!

But is May warm enough for that?

Alamo sounds cool too, always wanted to see that. What airport would we fly into?

Laura...you haven't been reading, have you??! LOL

Yes, temps are in the mid-upper 80's and you'd fly into San Antonio.

Oh, and yes, it's a lazy float down a slow-moving river (usually)

How well do you have to swim???? I have been told the way I swim, I would quickly splash enough Water out, and be able to walk to safety.....

Kat

I am reading, well browsing, but things keep going back and forth, and I think by time I get to the end I forget what the plan is lol.

On hold with a customer, who is on the phone with his customer, this is interesting. I am hearing him talk to them, weee.

Sell it, sell it! Mwhaha.

Anyway, I love lazy river tubing too. I haven't done it in SO long.

I am COMPLETELY IN for Terry's idea. The Green place and the Alamo. You laid it out beautifully...and I am totally sold.

Green is my vote (I don't have time to spell green correctly)

Never been to Gruene, we always go to New Braunfels. But it's all the same lonnnnggg river, right? The Guadalupe?

How well do you have to swim???? I have been told the way I swim, I would quickly splash enough Water out, and be able to walk to safety.....

Kat

There is always the chance of some whitewater, but it's usually pretty gentle. It just depends on the condition of the river and previous week's weather and all that. In general I'd say you have to be a decent swimmer, but not strong. There are always people around to help you out if you get into trouble and wearing a life vest or a ring around your waist is an option....just not a comfortable one. In all the years I've been toobing, I've never, not once, been dumped out. If I have been, it's been in water that is ankle deep!

Never been to Gruene, we always go to New Braunfels. But it's all the same lonnnnggg river, right? The Guadalupe?
yeah, it's the same river...it just flows right through Gruene, so it makes it very convenient! You just walk down the road about 3 blocks, rent your toob and plop your butt in the river....away you go.

Oh well as they say....

Sink or swim!!! I'm in for the trip, just hope I am not in for a dunking!!!

LOL~~~ No worries, I could probably save my own life....but nobody else better count on me!!!

Kat