Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEW! 2008 Shrinkin' Vi's Trip Planning Thread!!

Tracy - totally understand...

what great deals... i might do with my newly seperated friend for a weekend. LOL

Inside joke? Did I miss something?

I saw her here a while ago, but she never said anything. I was waiting for her to chime in....maybe she has gone off to look for things!

Maybe we will hear from her with an awesome deal!

I am game for either....we need to hear from some of the rest of us!

Chime in Girls!!

Kat

Inside joke? Did I miss something?

i thought i replied to a quote...

I was saying i understand that Tracy's hubby would want to go... and do my newly sep. friend was suppose to be go with my friend...

I could go for either one...but am leaning towards TX. However, where is Michelle, Judy, Laura, etc on this? Branson sounds great too. Never been to either. Hey, how far is TX from Graceland??? KIDDING:lol:

So... Judy, Laura, Michelle...

what do you think...

Jane, Haydee, Mazie????

lets have fun and be honest... no one will hurt anyone's feelings if they don't want to go... shoot... I am willing to get on a plane... and drive 8 hrs to get to the airport. LOL

Michelle... I saw you this morning...didn't I?

that is not a helpful answer Laura... it matters... so many options and it has to be fun or not worth doing...

oh... just so you all know I have a friend who's bf is a pilot and quit after 911.... and gave me some advice on how they fly... if you can fly after being directly involved, heavily drugged, i can do it

Splash Mountain..

But seriously.. I would need to figure out airfare and I'm NOT someone who can drive a rental car through Texas. I come from a little town in Northern Michigan and traffic and I do NOT get along.

Thank you Judy...

You know i'm all about Splash Mt. too, but I don't think that would happen at this point.

I am all for TX but if something happens and it doesn't happen... maybe we should consider putting the trip on hold until the summer, fall when it would not be so pressed for time and more summer options open up....

this was suppose to be fun and simple and seems to have caused stress - we are violets and I don't want this trip to mess up what we have....

love you all.... hugs and kisses

I'm game to go anywhere as along as somebody can pick me up at an airport. I will have somewhere between 3-5 hours driving to get to an airport, then the flight. Adding another 3-5 hours driving on top of that would make me collapse in a heap and not be able to enjoy the "Violet vacation". Terry, your idea sounds doable and has lots of activities. I just need to be wary of cost. The way the stock market is going lately, I'll be lucky to get to Detroit, let alone Texas!!

Ok, this is my 'vision' of how this would go...

First of all, I like San Antonio, but not for a whole weekend....there's just not that much to do there UNLESS you want to go to the Amusement Parks (Fiesta Texas and/or Sea World). I have friends that live there and am sure i could get the home-guided tour ideas of where to take you guys and what to do, but beyond the Riverwalk and the Alamo (which are in close proximity to each other) it's much like any other town.

I am proposing that we go to Gruene, TX (pronounced "green"), but you'd fly into San Antonio. Haydee, Tracyk and I could each drive to San Antonio....giving us 3 cars! (Maybe since we don't have to pay airfare, we could pay more for the rooms?) We could all go to the San Antonio airport and wait for you guys to come in....maybe there'd be 2-3 shifts.... then we'd drive the 45 minutes or so to Gruene. Check into a bed and Breakfast, hang out in Gruene for the night and get the lay of the land. Have a nice dinner, then relax on the porch.

Saturday morning we'd get up, have breakfast and go toobin' on the river for 2-3 hours. We'd beat the college crowds and it would be very refreshing and relaxing. It's a hoot if you've never done it! Go back to the rooms, get cleaned up and have a late lunch. Then go shopping around Gruene and at the Market Days artisan fair...all of this is in short walking distance.

Saturday night we could go to the Gruene Dance Hall....and if not there, then someplace in New Braunfels for some local 'color' (read: cowboys in tight jeans doin' some boot scootin') or whatever ya'll want to do.

Sunday morning we get our act together, check out at noon then head over to the Riverwalk in San Antonio. We hopefully can get a hotel on the River and check in or at least store our bags. Head over to Market Square for some lunch in one of the oldest and most famous Tex-Mex restaurants in Texas. Then head over to the Alamo for a tour (you HAVE to do that, but it doesn't take long), then we could head down to the River Walk. You stop anywhere along the way for Snacks, margaritas, listen to music, shop, etc. Cinco de mayo celebrations may be going on, too...like all month?....that would be great timing! Colorful dancers and singers all up and down the river. Sunday night...uh...not sure what the best option would be. But we'd be in good shape to head out for the airports again on Monday morning or afternoon as needed for flight departures. Again, we'd have 3 cars so leaving in shifts if we needed to. Haydee, Tracy and I are only 3-4 hours away from home.

If ya'll want to spend the whole weekend in San Antonio, we'd probably end up doing a lot more driving around going to the various attractions....but it's doable!

We could also squeeze in a road trip to Luckenbach and Blanco. But road trips don't appeal to everyone.

I'm NOT pushing for any one thing over another, so i want to make that clear! This is just an idea. I know Texas pretty darn well...lived here all my life...and Gruene is one of my favorite places to go. I realize Texas has a certain romantic appeal to some people and I just wanted to offer to 'host' this trip if it is something ya'll would like to do.

I'm game for anything....really!!