Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEW! 2008 Shrinkin' Vi's Trip Planning Thread!!

Yep, head count me! I need to check and find out whether I will fly in from home or from Abilene or Austin....might end up being the same time we would have been on the ranch.

I mentioned needing to know dates to my MIL today. She tells me my SIL has mentioned this trip, but thought we were going back east! I told her I had no idea what she was talking about, we have already done a final tally of who was coming. If she pops in here and thinks she is going to be involved---I am outta here! No seriously it would take more than that, but I would be an unhappy camper! She rubs my nose in the fact that she is below goal every second of every minute we are together. Makes mean comments about me being deformed looking with my belly hanging, and the rest of me being too thin for it. I would end up being mean, and I hate that!

Pamela---do we still plan on meeting up for the remainder of the flight, if I leave from home? I will know as soon as tomorrow.

When we go to TX this next time, it will be to take my inlaws to their high school reunion---it is like over 60 years! They go every 3 years or so---and we said we would drive them down. I will make her find the newspaper with the dates in it. Rick is hoping not, because the following weekend is Memorial weekend, and we are leaving for a rally----8 hour ride for the years innaugural run---I feel the pain already!!

I am excited we made a plan!!! Yea Us!!! Hope it works for everyone.

Think Alex knew I was considering a larger font, cuz my eyes are getting so bad???!!!!

OK---well I am off to bed. Keeping up with this resolution. Ate like crap today---did great with the Water.

Thinking if my blood work comes back ok, and I don't have to screw with my meds for thyroid---about calling for my consult for the TT next week! Makes me nervous as hell though!!!

If Jen can fly I can have this operation!

Kat

checking fares from baltimore, it looks to be about $349+ nonstop. W/ stops it's not much better... what are our other costs looking like??

Michelle

what airline are you looking at... sw non stop is $164 each way?

I was looking into flying out of albany by myself so I didn't have to drive but would have to stop in baltimore. I only want to go up and come down one time. Thought about Philly but for somereason that is not thrilling me at all - so a 5 hr drive to the airport it is.

man... i can tell you i am a nervous wreck but know we will have so much fun

Terry - can you post some cost of the extra's? I know you said $175/night for the room if a private room so with taxes about $100/night if share?

I mentioned needing to know dates to my MIL today. She tells me my SIL has mentioned this trip, but thought we were going back east! I told her I had no idea what she was talking about, we have already done a final tally of who was coming. If she pops in here and thinks she is going to be involved---I am outta here! No seriously it would take more than that, but I would be an unhappy camper! She rubs my nose in the fact that she is below goal every second of every minute we are together. Makes mean comments about me being deformed looking with my belly hanging, and the rest of me being too thin for it. I would end up being mean, and I hate that!

F' HER!!!!! NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO MAKE YOU AN UNHAPPY CAMPER! This trip is fun for Violets... so she needs to stay out of the trip planning because it would not be fun for you... whew... sorry, I was holding back and being nice... Obviously you are a much nicer person than she is! xoxoxo

If Jen can fly I can have this operation!

Yup... I am more nervous about flying than the thought of a TT so you can do it...:)

Kat

OMG I can't post because it is saying needed more than 10 characters.... ?????

I will call the Gruene Mansion Inn and get a firm handle on the rooming cost. Keep in mind that Haydee, TracyK (?) and I will be pitching in extra for the rooms since we aren't flying...so I'll figure out how that will work, too (somehow!).

I did a quick look at hotels on the river in San Antonio and we have some choices to make. If we stay at a hotel like the Hyatt or the Hilton right ON the river, it'll be like 200 for Sunday night. If we stay a few blocks off, like at a 2-3 star hotel, it'll be like $140. I would say we go cheap, but it's ya'll's (yes, that's a word) vacation!

Give me some time today and I will give you some firm numbers.

I am booking today... Midwest Airlines beat SouthWest for me, but I'm also going to be checking AirTran

The midwest flight had me arriving in SA at 11:00 a.m.

Leaving at 4p

I say we stay on the river...nicer accomodations and right in the middle of things since we are only there 1 night. We need to get it all in in a short time. It is only a bit more money plus we are splitting the costs. That is my 2cents!

I say we stay on the river...nicer accomodations and right in the middle of things since we are only there 1 night. We need to get it all in in a short time. It is only a bit more money plus we are splitting the costs. That is my 2cents!

DITTO.... and that is my 2cents.

What time should we shoot for to arrive in San Ant? We are arriving Friday right? Then traveling to Gruene? WOOfreakinHOO...getting excited!

So who do we have going on this trip?

Terry

Tracyk

Tracyks

Pamela

Laura

Michelle

Judy

Haydee

Jennifer

Jane

Who am I missing? anyone else?

Can we leave tomorrow? LOL

Tracyks that is a fantastic airline deal you got!!! I am going to check after work to see if they fly out of St. Louis!!!

Jane