Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEW! 2008 Shrinkin' Vi's Trip Planning Thread!!

If you have never been to Texas it is an experience all of its own! They are PROUD to be Texans!!! They have the state flag on everything, roofs to business' are painted like the flag, clothing, those pop up shades....you name it! But you also see almost as many confederate flags----especially if you end up passing a cemetary you will see tons of confederate flags!

But as a rule, you would be hard pressed to find people any friendlier overall. And Lady Bird Johnson, saw to it that the state highways are bordered by wild flowers! It is a beautiful place if you catch it before it dries up in the summer!!!

Kat

It's actually a anti-litter campaign motto...but has come to represent our whole attitude in a nutshell.

LOL. I didn't realize that.. too funny, I always thought it was cause Texans are tough and scary :cool: Well.. supposedly.

This is just something for you to think about but how about Tracy and I look for something here in the KC area. If you've never been here you would also be amazed. There is tons here to do And get this, we are located right smack in the middle of all of you. Give it a thought.

Kisses and Hugs, Suzanne.

Well, that seems like the million dollar question!!!

When Michelle did the original vote, it ended up with a tie, so I suppose we need to hear from people to let us know if they want to fall back on another one of the originally voted on plans, or formulate a new one. Then we can move from there. Luckily we are not planning this for next week---so we can wait to hear from ones like Judy who is out of town, to make a decision.

Til then we need to hear from everyone to get a consensus on what to do from here. Where we decide, will pretty much tell us whose lap this will fall in to!!

And yes TracyK there are some awesome parts of NM, it is a state that has some of most kinds of scenery you would want to see....it is also very big----not as big as TX by far, but would still take a full day to drive from one end to the other!!! My area is nice enough, not the prettiest in the standard sense---very remote, and full of wide open spaces. Not sure everyone would appreciate it! But it is ALWAYS open to each and every one of you! ANYTIME! So even if this get together is not done here---if any of you are ever anywhere close---or want to plan a trip this way---you are WELCOME!!!!!! There are lots of mountains, and dessert type lands, native ruins, and petroglyphs....but many of them require 4WD to fully explore and enjoy!

As for the shop til ya drop crowd.....my home is a massive dissappointment!

Dirty Rotten Shame too!!!

So in answer to what to do next....I guess my answer would be....I dunno!

Kat

Susie, I am in! Central is great, but I can fly to east coast too! Whatever, but we need direction. How close are you to Graceland?

Are we out on Tunica? The cost is about 250 per person, but that is still doable. And wont we pay that or close to it ANYWHERE?

Hey, look at that mean new smilie down there:mad2: he's ugly!

:doh:funny

i really want to go

i have thrown out some ideas but here goes again

Atlantic City

MD Beach area (Bethany Beach, Ocean City)

VA Beach Area

Mohegan Sun or Foxwood (they are opening an MGM as part of Foxwood) in CT

Realistically, for a 3 day weekend, I can drive 10 hrs, 15 max if i give an extra day for travel 10hrs from me is over to Chicago and 10hr south is VA Beach. Everything else is in the middle for me. That is the best I can do

I vote for Splash Mountain!!!

Just finished watching the debates and tomorrow the Bobster's brother is coming over to visit. Weather in Florida is in the upper 50's, but dang it, it was not going to stop me from getting in the pool. I shivered my way into the pool this evening and did my exercises and then ran to the hot tub and did more in there. Supposed to warm up a little tomorrow so hope to be in the pool during the day. Today we did the outlet malls and I got another bathing suit. Still a size 20,but at least it fits and I feel comfortable in it. Everything else I wear a size 16.. go figger!!! Have made a good eating choices and 2 liters of Water a day.

Hitting the sheets now. Everyone have a good evening!!

Did I mention I vote for Splash Moutain?????

So Judy, what I think you are trying to say is that you vote for splash mountain? lol

(just wanted to clarify) :lol:

That was the general feeling I got from Judy's post too TracyK----was kinda hard to tell though!!!! LOL

Morning girlies!

Kat

How about Phoenix, Kat? It's expensive there, huh?

Vegas is a good alternative....easy to get to for most, cheap, and lots to do. The weather should be awesome. We could even use Msjen's travel service to get good rates right before.

I've never been to Atlantic City...is it nice?

I don't want michelle to have to do so much work and i like the idea of being in a hotel....it's just more flexible.

How about Lake Tahoe?

Is there anything around the Pittsburgh/Philly area?

Now we are thinking. Could we start a dialogue w/ brainstorming suggestions? How far is Graceland from Jenn? Atlantic City, Vegas, Tahoe (this from someone who doesn't gamble)... Anywhere. I like the hotel idea too, plus the fact that we can fly in and just be there.

Chicago?

DC?

Col.?

Phoenix is not too expensive (Susanne owns a home there and my MIL lives there)

Graceland?

Memphis?

Florida?

Texas?

Anyone????:)