Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Give me ideas

I am in desperate need of some good ideas for packing lunch. I work long days and need to pack two meals...I have access to a microwave. HELP...any ideas appreciated

Maybe you could take one day a week, when you're not busy, and cook some healthy meals up and freeze them in individual containers, that way you could just grab them and go.

Soups and chili are really good ideas. Also, depending on what you can eat, the South Beach Diet meals are really good too, and some other frozen dinners like Lean Cuisine.

Good luck.

Here's a few things that I take -

open faced tuna sandwich (1 slice of whole grain bread)

I'll make my own chicken salad (sometimes by itself or with Kashi crackers)

sliced meats and cheese (no bread)

Soups

Boiled eggs

Yogurt (activia and low fat)

I also keep a low carb slim fast handy just in case I find myself really hungry. Fortunately I rarely need these anymore.

Just remember to try and stay away from the carbs.

Hi:

I try to eat an easy lunch too because then I have enough time to walk two miles during my lunch hour.

A half of a Protein bar and a half of an apple works good.

Soup works good, but doesn't stay with me.

Instant oatmeal or instant cream of wheat is nice on a cold day.

A 1/2 cup of oat Cereal with apple sauce, or some kind of fruit.< /p>

Leftovers from supper the night before.

Good luck.

Sue

You might want to try the Hormel Complete eats I think is what tehy are called .

Hormel Foods > Hormel® Compleats™ microwave meals

they are actually pretty good , they believe it or not do not require refrigeration and they have quite a bit of protien in them , around 17+ grams I think ? They range from 270-310 in calories.

They are just the right size too. I HATE TV type dinner meals. And I like these.

HTH

Mindy

I had surgery the same day as you. What I am having for lunches are

I pack a large bowl of stuff and have a super small bowl for heating 1/2 cup portions in the microwave.

Chili

tuna Casserol

Beanie weinies

Lunchables

I always have pudding and Jello and cottage cheese

I have Peanut Butter and crackers in my desk too.

All of this I keep at work for those times I am uber hungry and know in the past I would of gone to McDonalds but this way I have something I can eat.

I had surgery the same day as you. What I am having for lunches are

I pack a large bowl of stuff and have a super small bowl for heating 1/2 cup portions in the microwave.

Chili

tuna Casserol

Beanie weinies

Lunchables

I always have pudding and Jello and cottage cheese

I have Peanut Butter and crackers in my desk too.

All of this I keep at work for those times I am uber hungry and know in the past I would of gone to McDonalds but this way I have something I can eat.

One thing about pudding and Jello though is i call them " wasted' Snacks, unless your still on a post op diet and that's all you can eat. I found that when i could have " regular" food and could eat Snacks that eating those were a waste of time because they had no Protein in them , therefore i was as hungry as if i had not eaten them at all. I called my nutritionists and asked her why i was so hungry , she told me anytime i eat anything, including snacks make sure it has Protein in it. So the Peanut Butter and crackers might be a better alternative . I was eating A LOT Of pudding but I found it did nothing to statisfy me .

Just a thought

HTH

Mindy

Funny that you say that...I have been trying to stay away from the soft stuff...it does nothing to satisfy me and I don't want to waste my calories on that! I want to thank everyone again for your input.