Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Say No To Carbs 2 Day Challenge...come Join Me

Yeah, I tend to still worry about the Protein grams since my hair is still falling out.

I have done Atkins off and on ever since I was about 13 years old, so it's pretty easy for me to do it short term. That's the thing I love about it the most. All my sugar cravings go away. My biggest downfall during this whole weight loss process are the cravings for sweets and the fact that they go down so easy.

You know, I was sooo careful about counting the Protein in the beginning and I always came out above the recommended amount. But, my hair still started falling out! Luckily, I have really thick hair and I think it has pretty much stopped falling out, or at least slowed down considerably, thank goodness!

I hear ya on the "sweets" issue! I have always been a sweet eater, I would much rather have a brownie and ice cream for a meal, than meat and potatoes, lol. I've been that way for as long as I can remember. It has gotten a lot better since being banded, but I still struggle with it everyday, especially at night. Last time I did this low carb shake challenge, it worked really well for me. I didn't crave for a good long while, so I'm hoping it happens again. Only time will tell!

You sound so much like me. There have been times when I make that decision to eat pure junk for dinner and decide that I don't need the extra calories to add some meat in there. Those are on my super stressed out

days. Since I got the band though, it's not as bad, but nighttime IS the worse.

I wish brownies and ice cream would get stuck. I call it aversion therapy. Once I get really stuck on a food and have it stay stuck and I am in pain, I really have no desire to try that food again.

georgia girl, I'm all for it! I haven't been craving carbs so much but I have been eating nachos for the past three days...perhaps due to TOM...ugh!! I have got to break this trend! Ok, so we are doing it for 3-4 days? What will we do, check in daily and list what we ate/drank?

Glad you could join!! I think part of my problem is due to TOM as well. I always have severe craving that start about 2 day before my TOM. I can usually fight them, but not this time. I've been out of control! I'll probably do it for 3-4 days, depending on how I feel at day 3. You don't have to report what you had, but I like to, it's keeps me accountable. Welcome aboard and good luck!

You sound so much like me. There have been times when I make that decision to eat pure junk for dinner and decide that I don't need the extra calories to add some meat in there. Those are on my super stressed out

days. Since I got the band though, it's not as bad, but nighttime IS the worse.

I wish brownies and ice cream would get stuck. I call it aversion therapy. Once I get really stuck on a food and have it stay stuck and I am in pain, I really have no desire to try that food again.

Thats funny, I used to tell my hubby (pre-band) that I wished junk food was good for us and healthy food was bad for us. I know, wishful thinking!

I guess I'm pretty lucky, because I've never really gotten stuck or PB'ed on anything. I wish I couldn't tolerate the junk food too! It would be soooo much easier.

I am soooo excited this morning!!! I lost the 2 lbs. I gained, so now I am back at my ticker weight! I'm going to try to hang in there and tough this out for a few more days, so maybe I will get past these cravings and meet my St. Patty's Day goal!

WAY TO GO GEORGIA!!!! I blew it yesterday evening. My inlaws offered to keep 2 of the kids, so we went out to eat. I ate part of a steak, salad, and fresh vegies. Not bad choices, just not Protein shkes either! My stomach bug is gone and I feel pretty good this morning. I have allready had my shake, and am ready for a great day!! Keep it up Georgia, you are right, we still have time to do this.

WAY TO GO GEORGIA!!!! I blew it yesterday evening. My inlaws offered to keep 2 of the kids, so we went out to eat. I ate part of a steak, salad, and fresh vegies. Not bad choices, just not Protein shkes either! My stomach bug is gone and I feel pretty good this morning. I have allready had my shake, and am ready for a great day!! Keep it up Georgia, you are right, we still have time to do this.

Thanks Renewed! Even though you ate food, your choices were still low carb, so that's good. I'm glad you are feeling better. I'll be eating a small bowl of chili tonight, but that's still pretty low carb, so it's not too bad. I have 4 more pounds to lose in exactly a week to meet my goal, so I'm hoping I will make it. I didn't make the last one and I just felt awful about it. WE CAN DO IT!!!!

LiseSeattle posted a good way to make a homemade frappuccino on the food forum and it's really good. She used milk, slim fast powder, and ice. I modified it a liitle and used lots of ice, canned low carb slim fast, and a little black coffee. I blended it in my magic bullet and ate it with a spoon. It taste like you are having a treat that should be bad for you. It was good, a nice way to spruce up a shake. I assume it would work with the Atkins shakes too, or any low carb shake for that matter.

Well, I did fine today but I am not going to weigh until the end of the week due to TOM...I am excited that I stuck to the plan today. One day down, a few more to go.

I had steak and broccoli for lunch. I brought most of the steak home. I ate lunch at noon and it's 5:30 and I still feel full. Gotta love my band!

We went over to our friends house tonight, she cooked chili so I had a small bowl. Other than that, I've had one Protein Shake, 3 bottles of Water, a cup of coffee, and a cup of chai tea. 2 days down..........

I can already tell I am feeling better. Today I haven't been craving all that bad, better than yesterday. I bet tomorrow I won't be craving at all!! I'm excited to see what the scales say tomorrow. Tomorrow may be my last day doing this, I don't know for sure. I could possibly decide to go another day, we'll see.

The thing that really surprises me, is when I do this, I'm not focused on food all day and it gives me a chance to really listen to my body. I really haven't been very hungry, so that proves to me that I still have a lot of head hunger issues. Late at night is really only time I feel hungry and I've been having a cup of chai tea to hold me over and it's been working pretty good. Everyone is doing great, keep up the good work!

I have not done so well. don't know what my deal is. Tommorow we will be out and about all day, so I am going to just focus on making good low carb choices. I don't think I am in the right frame of mind to do only shakes. For me, that is such a mental decision, and to be honest, I am mentally very tired right now. I am going to really focus on good low carb choices and see how that works for me.

Georgia, You should be really proud of yourself!! YOu are doing awesome!!

I have not done so well. don't know what my deal is. Tommorow we will be out and about all day, so I am going to just focus on making good low carb choices. I don't think I am in the right frame of mind to do only shakes. For me, that is such a mental decision, and to be honest, I am mentally very tired right now. I am going to really focus on good low carb choices and see how that works for me.

Georgia, You should be really proud of yourself!! YOu are doing awesome!!

Thanks Renewed! This is not for everyone and you have to do what works best for you. I think you can get the same results from eating low carb foods, I just prefer not to focus on any food while doing this. I think it mentally helps me see where I am regarding head hunger. Good luck and glad you are feeling better!

Yea, I tried to do shakes when I was trying to break a plateau. I found that I was a lot hungrier than eating solid Protein. don't know calorie wise if it came out to more calories, but then I don't feel like snacking cause I feel so full.

Today I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast, lunch was steak and broccoli, dinner was a slice of pork roast and green Beans. It amazes me how full I get on such a small amount of meat. I always end up with so many left overs cause I can't judge, and my head is bigger than my stomach.

Well, I think I've past my plateau, YAY! I weighed this morning and I lost 3 more pounds! I think today is going to be my last day doing this. Tomorrow I am going to focus on making healthy choices and small portions. I feel soo good today, I don't feel tired or sluggish and I am not craving anything today!