Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whew *warning TMI*

Ok now in your hell. Nothing but liquid coming out. :sick Can't even call it diarrhea. This was my day up until 10 minutes ago:

2 cups tea, 4 cups Water, 1 Carnation Instant Breakfast with whole and skim milk mixed, 2 cups chicken boullion, 1 Slim Fast.

In the past 20 minutes, trying to see if I can firm myself up: Vitamin Water grapefruit/cranberry, half the bottle, 10 ritz crackers I let melt in my mouth, 2 very thin slices of Velveeta cheese.

I have nothing else in the house. I know the old diarrhea cure is Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. I don't have any of those here.:help:

Wow, all this talk is getting me so excited about my journey :P

I've already got this stuff and I'm not even banded... hope this isn't TMI, but if your butt is "sore" down there, try A & D gel in a tube (not the cream). It makes it not sting and doesn't hurt when you go number dos.

Wow, all this talk is getting me so excited about my journey :P

I've already got this stuff and I'm not even banded... hope this isn't TMI, but if your butt is "sore" down there, try A & D gel in a tube (not the cream). It makes it not sting and doesn't hurt when you go number dos.

LOL, I thought ahead and bought some unscented baby wipes. Works nice!

Yep got those unscented baby wipes too, and boy are they easing the burn.......:cry

I really need to get to sleep :notagree already......

Wow-- I've been on Clear Liquids since 24 hours before surgery. Before that I had my bowel prep. and got myself completely cleaned out, so I haven't had anything even close to um, uh well, you know. I go in for a band study today (barium swallow and x-ray) and then begin on full liquids after that. Hopefully that will get things moving.

Has anyone had the dry heaves? Ugh...I haven't been able to pass gas either? Keeping me from feeling better. I am drinking but just not getting beyond the "Heaves." Could it be results of anesthesia? Only banded 48hrs ago?

I had one incident of the thought I had gas and oh sh** that wasnt gas! It thankfully was in the hospital and i quickly learned why. I had downed some beef broth so fast and about 3 servings and remember our stomach isnt what it used to be. that was the only time and the last time it will happen to me. I learned and now I sip and I slowed down BIG TIME, as that was an experience to dont care to return to. just slow down and you will be fine. I do go to the bathroom just to be on the safe side. good luck

ps. another tip, I drink just a shot glass worth of shake, Soup or whatever and then wait a few min before taking my next one and so on, I found this practice to be HIGHLY effective

Has anyone had the dry heaves? Ugh...I haven't been able to pass gas either? Keeping me from feeling better. I am drinking but just not getting beyond the "Heaves." Could it be results of anesthesia? Only banded 48hrs ago?

You should call the doctor immediately. I was dry heaving after the surgery and wound up pulling muscles. I couldn't swallow or take deep breaths. Had to go back to the hospital for the esophogram and run tests to make sure I didn't dislodge the band.

I had dry heaves and found out I was dehydrated so I had to get re-admitted for IV's. IT IS NOT NORMAL TO THROW UP OR DRY HEAVE PLEASE CALL YOUR DOCTOR.

GOOD LUCK!

I am glad that people have had the same problem that I have had today. I'm sorry everyone has to go through it, but it is a relief all the same. It was 3 days of painful Constipation, and I finally used a packet of benefiber in my water/applejuice.

I am 4 days post op and my poor tummy is grumbling, and I have been spending time in my bathroom today. I

I am on full liquids starting today. It has been really rough, because I am trying to get all of my fluids in. I've been drinking Water and Protein drinks throughout the day. I feel full as well, so I really don't feel like I want to eat to much.

Is there anything else that I need to look out for?

Thanks for the posts!

Leah