Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My DH is T-Bone.

Okay, thought it was time to bump this thread. :)

a few weeks ago, My DH took Spudboy and me skiing. I love to ski, and so does Spudders, even as big as we are. I desided to do a ski lesson package, since it's been about 5 years since I last skied, and I figured I would pick up a few pointers. Spud and I were able to talk Mike (DH) into taking the package too! It took a lot of arm twisting but we got Mike into a pair of ski boots and onto the slope. :biggrin1:

It took him about an hour to get his bearing back, but he said it was like he never stopped skiing! :clap2:

Initially getting on the lift was scary for him, since he didn't know if there was a weight limit, which there probably is. But I'm guessing that that limit is way over 400 pounds, since two grown normal sized men would hit that limit.

Spudboy did get hastled from the lift operator because he asked if there was a weight limit for the chairs. This is really cool because the lift operator thought my son was just some punk kid and she stood up for the fat guy. Spud explained that he was concerned for his Dad, and wasn't being a jerk. He thanked the lift operator for standing up for Mike, he thought that was pretty cool.

I don't have pix yet, and I'm hoping my son will come through for me, but Monday my DH is going skiing! Woot! All 400 pounds of him. On a ski lift, off a ski lift, down the hill! DH is going skiing with Spud, Spud's honey-gurl, and Honey-gurl's mamma. But not me... Dang not living together...

Oh, and I just remembered... Muffin Man is available on NetFlix!

:wow2:

Its been 5 years since your last skiing trip???

Dog-gone-it, Girl!!! This is a B I G NSV!

honestly now. You deserve a party for this one.

I guess I didn't consider this an NSV for me because the reason I haven't been skiing was because my asthma had gotten so bad. I didn't even bother to find a way to haul an O2 bottle down the hill behind me... But I've been off O2 for several years.

I'm pretty jazzed! My DH won't go and weigh himself, but he's been losing weight lately. His clothes are too big, and he showed off yesterday. His jacket, which was impossibly small at 5X when he started this journey is now rediculously large.

I'm so happy!

Wow Vines!! I just read this entire thread, what a story!! Mikey said, "You mean I'm not the biggest?" LOL! Men!

I totally understand where you're coming from... the quality of life that changes as our men lose is amazing! 30 pounds has made a difference for me & my Mike, can't wait to see what 100 or so will do! :)

Tell Mike congrats!!