Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I signed up for a mini-triathalon!!!!!!

OMG!!! Am I crazy? I signed up for a 'First-Timers' mini-triathalon on May 10th. It is a 1/4 mile swim, 10 mile bike ride (all flat), and a 3 mile run/walk. Only first-timer triathalon competitors can enter this one. My surgery is 1/10, and I guess even if I have to wait 4 weeks to start the running-walking training (hopefully sooner), that will give me 2 full months to train. I currently exercise, so I won't be starting from scratch. DH is doing it with me. He runs marathons, but never a tri, so we can train for the cycling and swimming together!

I won't be anywhere near my optimal weight at that point, but I figure it is a good goal to work towards (I will be in a bathing suit or wet suit in front of alot of people!). Also, I am not telling any friends about my surgery (just my close family and DH know), so as the weight drops, and people ask how am I losing so much weight, I can proudly say, "I am training for a triathalon!";)

I also feel like publically training for this race gives me some accountability. In the back of my mind, I feel like one of the reasons I am not telling people about my surgery, is the fear of failure...again. My friends all know I have been on Jenny Craig, Nutri-Systems, WW, etc.. and have seen me lose some weight, only to gain it back and more. By signing up for this race, with my DH, and telling people about it, well...I am going to have to follow through on a regular exercise program, and actually complete the race! Even if I come in last place, I am going to finish this race!:(

I think that is an awesome goal to work towards. It is a wonderful commitment to have. I told my DH the other day that I had thought about trying to do something like that. I just don't know where to start because I am starting from scratch.

Nadean....Do a google search for 'beginner triathalon' or 'beginner 5K', or whatever event you would like to try. Not only did I find an event in my area, I found free, online training schedules for beginners (don't pay for an on-line training schedule..I found tons of them for free), for almost anything you would want to do....marathons, diathalons, 3K's, half-marathons, etc. Just pick an event, sign-up, and find a beginner's training schedule! GL!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches