Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Didn't lose weight as anticipated

I had lapband two years ago and lost 50 pounds in the first 6 months, then never lost another pound. I have since gained 26 pounds back. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if they were able to turn things around and lose the weight after so much time had past since surgery (and how)...thanks...Delli:help:

What type band do you have? How filled are you? How much did you have to lose in the first place?

I am just starting out and can definately see how one can eat around the band. If I was not watching it and exercising it would not be so helpful.

I'm filled to 8.2 and know I can't go any higher. I occassionally have problems (my fault because I sometimes eat too fast). I've forgottent the name of my band (a no-no). I had 110 to lose officially but could stand to lose 140 or 150. I was fully into the diet and exercise for 1 full year and then had some problems with my feet and had to stop exercising. Have not restarted exercise program. Eat very little but I eat the wrong things. I drink a lot of diet soda.

This has become chronic on the board. I'm fat, or gaining weight, but only drink diet soda. I'm surprised at how many seem to gain weight on 0 calories.

Delli,

I have been banded for 3 years and 3 months, so I understand that it's a PROCESS. I am still losing and I am a slow loser, so it will still take me quite a while. However, even with times of slipping up, I go back to the basics: check to see that you are filled correctly (the band can lose a bit of fluid), exercise, eat Protein and veggies...all the stuff you already know! ALSO, I suggest keeping a food log either just writing it down or on fitday.com or a server like that. When you are super accountable, it all makes sense and you will see what you need to change! I say get back on that horse and use the band as a tool to help you on your journey! YOU CAN DO IT!!! GOOD LUCK!

I too would suggest going back to basics. Also, cut out all the diet soda! The carbination alone can stretch you little pouch, add it to food that is in there and it is just bad formula!

During my first intake session, the surgeon indicated that we were smarter than the band and could defeat it. He said if we worked against the band, our results would not be very good. We all need to try and work with, not against, our bands. Using them as a tool to achieve weight loss. If you can, would a visit to a dietitian to help you get back on track be helpful?

Thanks to all for your responses and suggestions. Very much appreciated. I'll go back to the basics and see what happens.:)

I had lapband two years ago and lost 50 pounds in the first 6 months, then never lost another pound. I have since gained 26 pounds back. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if they were able to turn things around and lose the weight after so much time had past since surgery (and how)...thanks...Delli:help:

Delli,

I had the lapband for 3.5 years and lost 175 lbs. I had an erosion and now have the sleeve. I help many patients go to Mexico for surgery. I have found in my experience with patients (including me) that you can "eat around theband" we quickly learn tricks NOT to throw up and eat what we want. Feel free to contact me directly and I will share some tips that might get you back on the right path..

Patti

bandinfo@veizon.net

Back to the basics.. do everything one step at a time...

But Also try to remind yourself why wyou got the surgery in the first place... Motivation is the main key try to buy a size smaller pant or shirt and aim to get into it...

Also i found talking to all our fellow bandsters helps me the most... if your struggling were here to help...

Take advantage of the new year an get back on track!!!!:whoo: