Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery on Wed. and feeling better!

Hello! I had my surgery on Wed. and everything went fine. I asked my surgeon if he video tapes it and he said he would for me! My DH and I watched it last night WOW that was cool! I stayed overnight in the hospital and went home Thursday late morning. I ended up throwing up at like 2 and then dry heaving in the middle of the night. I called my nurse and they had me come in right away because that is not normal! So they took out some Fluid from my band and put me on IV's because I was slightly dehydrated and they also changed my pain medication. Amazingly I haven't needed any since yesterday! Everything is going well though and excited to be a bandster!

:clap2:

Glad you are feeling better. I am still feeling crummy and I am not getting alot of Fluid down but at least I am not hungry.

Hey Chrisann! I know what you mean. I have to force myself to drink and drink so I don't go back into the hospital for dehydration. Make sure you drink! When Im watching TV I make sure to drink at every commercial and try and get up and move after every show is done.

How is your pain level? I havn't needed much medication since friday so thats nice.

Where did you have your surgery done again?

I too had my surgery on wednesday, feeling good, at this moment, i am still with liquids, i cant finish even 100 ml less than a quarter of a cup, without feeling stuff. Happy i am loosing some weigth.

Ana

Hey Chrisann! I know what you mean. I have to force myself to drink and drink so I don't go back into the hospital for dehydration. Make sure you drink! When Im watching TV I make sure to drink at every commercial and try and get up and move after every show is done.

How is your pain level? I havn't needed much medication since friday so thats nice.

Where did you have your surgery done again?

Well I am between 5-7 now but only when I turn to either side in bed, or walk up and down the subway steps. I had some muscle strain from the dry heaving and the hernia repair.

I am having a rough time getting liquids down, and my stomach doesn't even want me to look at a Protein shake these days.

I had my surgery at NYU Medical Center with Dr. Ren in NYC.

Chrisann, is everything okay because you're still in such pain after almost a week out? Are you just healing slower?

Because of the dry heaving, the hernia repair, the port being attached to a muscle, and the fact that another muscle was nicked is the reason I am still in pain.

Its going to take me longer because of the muscle damage. Other than that, I don't feel the other incisions, or even the fact a band is in me, except that I am feeling very full after drinking 8oz of liquid.

Because of the dry heaving, the hernia repair, the port being attached to a muscle, and the fact that another muscle was nicked is the reason I am still in pain.

Its going to take me longer because of the muscle damage. Other than that, I don't feel the other incisions, or even the fact a band is in me, except that I am feeling very full after drinking 8oz of liquid.< /p>

I forgot you had a hernia repaired at the same time. That in itself takes a good week or two to heal from. And the dry heaving sure didn't help. Hope you are feeling well soon!