Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSV's

I have been having trouble sleeping with my cpap (sleep apnea). I called the DME company and they did an overnight o2 sat monitor on me. My oxygen levels stayed up all night!!! I no longer have sleepp apnea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cleaned my cpap, put it in the bag and up in the closet!!!!!!!!!! Also, my heartrate used to stay between 95 and 105. Last night my average heart rate was 50. My heart is not having to pump as hard now that I am thinner and in better shape!!!

I have been having trouble sleeping with my cpap (sleep apnea). I called the DME company and they did an overnight o2 sat monitor on me. My oxygen levels stayed up all night!!! I no longer have sleepp apnea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cleaned my cpap, put it in the bag and up in the closet!!!!!!!!!! Also, my heartrate used to stay between 95 and 105. Last night my average heart rate was 50. My heart is not having to pump as hard now that I am thinner and in better shape!!!

I no longer have to use a cpap machine and the other great news is that I no longer take medicine for diabetes.

Congradulations on not having to use the cpap anymore. Ever since the band I have had problems with it also. However I have been using a dental device and working well. I am going for a sleep study in Aug or Sept. which would be a year for the band and 18 months on the study and see what the doc says. Also went for 9 month check up and bp and everything was in check. Had to get some new clothes and have gone from a sie of 42 down to 36. Went to see my mom and dad last week and they saw my results and told them what we both had done the band and they were happy with what we had done.

Chris

Congratulations on not having to use the cpap anymore. Ever since the band I have had problems with it also. However I have been using a dental device and working well. I am going for a sleep study in Aug or Sept. which would be a year for the band and 18 months on the study and see what the doc says. Also went for 9 month check up and bp and everything was in check. Had to get some new clothes and have gone from a sie of 42 down to 36. Went to see my mom and dad last week and they saw my results and told them what we both had done the band and they were happy with what we had done.

Chris

My wife and I both had the lap band surgery on the same day September 12, 2007. Having both of us on the lap band has been very helpful.

I have gone from a 56 waist to a 38. But the best NSV is being able to keep up with the grandkids. :thumbup: :mellow: :thumbup:

Great NSV's!

I went to the beach a couple of weeks ago and we ended up going to Shipwreck Island Waterpark. I was soooo glad I could actually participate and get on some the rides. At 330 lbs I wouldn't have fit in the tubes to ride, but I had absolutely no problem this time around. It was exciting because before I would have just sat on the side lines and watched everyone else have fun....never again!

I'm not sure if this is a true NSV, but I was pretty excited :thumbup:

I was at the gym yesterday (I go to a ladies only gym) and one of the employees/trainers approached me. The gym does a "wall of success" every year where they post before/after pictures and stories of people for motivation and inspiration. They take professional "after" pictures and the pictures and stories are posted up for a year. They asked me to be part of the wall for next year. ME - FORMALLY SUPER OBESE ME BEING ON THE SUCCESS WALL OF A GYM :tt2:.

I didn't know how to respond - I was so blown away. Anyways - I said I had to think about it. I think I will say yes - even just for the irony of having my picture up in a gym as being a good thing (not in the "this could happen to you if you don't get control of yourself" cautionary tale kind of way) :biggrin2:.

I just had to share this. Thanks for reading!!!

My NSV's are:

1. Being able to wear a XL now from a regular store!!!!!! YEAH.

2. Going from a size 22 to an 18.

3. Giving away my bigger clothes because I know I won't have to save them because I will never be this big again.

4. Having my parents and family tell me that I look like I lost weight everytime I see them.

5. Not having a great big double chin (now it is only a little one)

6. Being able to chase my son around without getting winded.

weight.png

Great NSV's Harkingluv!

jjsmiles~ Of course that is a true NSV! That's amazing! What an accomplishment.

Oh, I have one more I forgot to mention. I can FINALLY wear my wedding rings again! I haven't been able to wear them since I was pregnant with my son almost three years ago! DH said he's glad I can wear them because he wants people to know I'm taken, lol! He's so funny....

Isn't it an amazing feeling when we "dare" to do things we have been hestiant to do in the past - either out of fear of not being able to do it, fear of being humiliated, fear of not being able to fit or fear of breaking something?

I think that is truly one of the best things about weight loss - the sense of freedom that I am just now beginning to accept as normal.

Great accomplishments everyone!! Georgia - that is awesome that you can be truly "taken" with your wedding rings. I have seen your picture and I know you are gorgeous, so your DH should be a little possessive :biggrin2:

Jacquie

LOL! Thanks Jacquie. I just noticed how much weight you have lost! That's truly amazing! It's an inspiration to all of us to see someone who has succeeded so well.

Today we went to court for our foster son. We weren't sure where to go and were a little pressed for time. We walked into the courthouse. Our hearing was on the 4th floor. we walked to the elevator and there were about 10 people waiting for the elevator. I stood there a minute and then asked DH if he knew where the stairs were. We quickly went up 4 flights of stairs to immediately walk into the courtroom. i was not out of breath in the least.