Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSV's

I love these NSV's - as much as the before / after pic thread:) Congrats everyone!!!!

So have a few more this wk - the scale has decided to freeze up like the weather, so I"m going to guess that working out has helped with:

* New Wedding band bought last year, slips off

* Watch that need links added (which I didn't) fits perfectly now

* Shoe size gone from 8 1/2 to and 8

* Size 10 Jeans fit comfortably

* Have only one chin now

The smallest clothes that I have boxed in my closet are size 16. I just pulled them out and with the exception of one or two items, THEY ALL FIT!!! I have a size 16 pair of Calvin Klein jeans and a size large Old Navy T shirt that I saved that were my favorite pieces of clothing at the time. I remember thinking, "if I ever get back in these jeans and shirt then I have really done something". They fit!!!! I am so pumped!! That's all of my too little clothes. When I lose more weight I will be forced to do some real shopping.

Amy

you know a funny nsv - my husband used the "term NSV" this past wkend.

he was banded w/me, but has never been on this forum or any other - but has picked up some of my terms. he was excited to get off his blood pressure meds - and his doc said he looked thinner, he was so excited to use that term...i laughed:)

This from my posts on the Twenties NSV Thread but it fits here too:

I had the best thing happened to me this weekend. But overall it was a week and weekend filled with NSVs and reassurances. I met 2 successful bandsters. Men are flirting, new ones and ones Ive known for years. WIERD!

I was hanging out at my Bestie's (Jenny) house. She pulled out a picture of me from about 3 years ago. I finally saw the difference. I was a mountain. I looked swollen, full, and SO MISERABLE. Whats sad is that I remember that day and I thought I looked so cute, I looked a mess.

This whole time I havent been seeing the change. I figured that I need 30 to 40 more lbs before there was a perciveable difference. I WAS SO WRONG! I am a new woman, NOW!

Later, a friend of hers stopped by. When she came to say hi to me, she looked at me weird then said, "Did you lose weight? Oh my god you lost A LOT of weight!" I told her about the band (I really couldnt help myself).

Later that night Jenny tells me that her friend said that (here's the best part) I looked like a "totally different person" than I did before. This girl is honest if she isnt anything else which makes it all the more amazing.

It was a that moment that I felt the absolute truth of it all: I do feel like a whole different person. I am a different person.

I have a strange one. I've been in size 24's for a few years now, sometimes 22's...Well, now I'm in 18's! I held them up at the store and said to my daughter: There is NO WAY those are going to fit - they're too small!

They fit! They slid on like butter! It was so wonderful. I haven't been in 18's since high school (15 years ago.)

Here I come 16's!

My post from the Twenties NSV Thread:

Here is my latest and probably one of the greatest NSVs. Today my new -60lb "shape" was called sexy! SEXY! OMG! I dont think I have ever been called sexy. SEXY my shape is sexy! Holy Moly!

It may take my ego some time to recover from this.shades_smile.gif

I love your NSV's Choc Snaps!!

Hubby gave me one today - He smacked the "rear" and said I was a "one hander" now...I'm like WTH are you talking about, and he said my butt only needed one hand now to grab..:smile2:..LOL

I love your NSV's Choc Snaps!!

Thanks luluc!

My latest NSV is: MY HEAD HAS SHRUNK!

At the gym I wear my MP3player around my neck. I also wear a small gold chain with a diamond pendant which I have been afraid of losing since I got it. I pulled the player over my head and set it down.

A little while later I reached for the pendant and it wasnt there. OMG I was so scared! I searched the car and my clothes but nothing. I looked to where my mp3player was and there also was my necklace! I had pulled it off with my mp3 player!

MY HEAD GOT SMALLER!

I noticed recently that my necklace was hanging really low in to my cleavage. When I first bought it it was dang near a choker! :grouphug:

I bought new clothes!! Sizes 14 and 16!! For the first time in FOREVER, I had fun shopping and felt good in my new(or old) skin.

I am no longer morbidly obese, just obese!!

My dh is really noticing the weight loss lately. He keeps saying that he sees glimpses of the old me again. Not so much physically, but the energy, the spunk, and the fiesty attitude I used to have before the real me got lost under all these pounds. I can see her again too and it feels really good.

I RAN ON THE TREADMILL!!! For 7 minutes I ran!! I couldn't believe it!! I used to run track. I ran distances, but didn't really think I could run anymore!! Maybe I will think about the couch to 5K. Maybe a marathon is in my future. Who knows!!

Ok, here's the last one....

After church Sunday, we were coming home and dh said that he kept seeing this pretty lady out of the corner of his eye. Just at a quick glance, he thought, "She looks kinda like Jenninfer Garner, wait, that's my wife." I'm no Jennifer Garner, but it's so fun to have the love of my life notice me again!!! He loves me regardless of weight, but that look in his eyes is back. You know the look. :)

I know this is a lot of NSV, but I am finally begining to feel like a new me, and I couldn't help but share!!

Great NSV's Renewed!!!

I have one........I've been on vacation at the beach for my sister's wedding. The photographer took some pictures of our entire family and just kept commenting on how photogenic I was. It was nice to hear someone compliment me because I really don't like having my picture taken with other people.........I always feel like the "biggest" one and it was nice to hear such wonderful comments.

OK - so though the scale has been nice lately this made the Sales Lady @ Norstroms want to kick me out of the dressing RM....

Have a wedding 4.19, and had been dreading trying to find something while still in that "place - not at goal". Since I'm short 5'1 / 34DD / and got a big tush, shopping for pants makes my skin crawl. I get the hives basically. So I grab a pair of 12's...Note, I started wearing 16's - they were too big, I'm like GREAT a 10 (dress pants mind ya),....Nope their too big. I end up getting a really great pant suit (HATE skirts/dresses) size 10 top & 8 bottom. ON SALE TOO $58 for it all. That just means I get to go find Killer shoes/purse:::blush:))!!!

sleep Apena NSV

I found out last June that I had sleep apena and started using the CPAP machine about a month before being banded. I had a pressure setting of 12 and now down to a 7. I have lost close to 50lbs since being banded 6 months ago. I have been having problems with to much air etc. along with not wearing the mask the whole night. I talked to the doctor about it and he suggested that we try using a dental device instead. Insurance approved me for the device and I have started to use it and it is great. Here are pictures of the device. The dentist who deals only with sleep apnea feels that this device will work for me and that she wants to do a sleep study in about 4-6 months to ensure that it is working. If it is working then I will not need to use the CPAP.

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=2&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

Herbst_anterior_close_up.jpg (651k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=3&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_elastic_holder_buried.jpg (525k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=4&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

Herbst_heavy_hardware_side.jpg (548k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADpVv9EAAO2jR%2b4UdQptqTnyNyA&partid=5&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_heavy_Herner.jpg (618k) [View]

Photos: tr14x15_1.giftn?sid=401335862&mid=ADhVv9EAATlQR%2b2QQwDn5WvjHpw&partid=2&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_Chris_Walters_2008_front.jpg (701k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADhVv9EAATlQR%2b2QQwDn5WvjHpw&partid=3&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

HErbst_Chris_Walters_2008_front_1.jpg (689k) [View]

tn?sid=401335862&mid=ADhVv9EAATlQR%2b2QQwDn5WvjHpw&partid=4&f=368&fid=Inbox Scan and Save to Computer

So far the dental device seems to be working.

Chris

To Celebrate being in onederland I boutgh fat baby boots and cruel girl jeans today. The lady who was helping me went to the 15's and I said, "oh, no, I will need a 17 for sure!! She insisted I try on the 15. THEY FIT!!! DH was very suprised at the shape I have in them. I might even have to post a pic later! VERY COOL!!